SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

If this is, indeed, true, I feel badly for Brian, and I am sad that Fighting Sioux "fans" have driven a wonderful young man out of college hockey. I'll not get back on my soapbox about Brian; you all know I think the world of him as a player and as a person. I am horrified, however, if he leaves because of the "fans".

Well first of all I do NOT hate Brian Lee. I have been critical of him on this board and with good reason to be. "IMO" his play this year took a step backwards from what he showed as a freshman. Last year I thought he would become the defenseman that we lacked to be able to rush the puck however he did not show that at all this year. He looked slow to react on the ice, his foot speed was slow, there was no urgency to his game and he took the body less this year than last season. Secondly, if he gets eaten up by what some posters say on this message board (why is he here reading) or by some fans booing at home games, he will get eaten up and spit out at any other level he plays at. Reminder I do NOT think people hate or dislike Brian they have only been critical of his play this season and that .................... comes with the territory!

If Brian has a stellar year next year I will be the one that will praise his season.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I have read those posts that Lee is leaving because of what people are saying on message boards. And to that, I respond that the hockey players don't sit around and read message boards to see what people are saying about them. There are a few who will do it for a few laughs or to thank the fans aka Prpich. The boys have more things to do with their lives than to read our rantings.

This is dangerously misleading. As I try to remind people a couple times per year, with the number of players, families, friends, girlfriends, staff, media, and stalkers that absolutely do read SiouxSports.com regularly, topics most certainly do make it to the attention of people being discussed. I think criticizing players for their play is fair game, as they've chosen to put themselves in the spotlight. However, I have also advised people to formulate it as if they were saying it to the player's mom's face, because that's not so far off.

This is dangerously misleading. With the number of players, families, friends, girlfriends, staff, media, and stalkers that absolutely do read SiouxSports.com regularly, topics most certainly do make it to the attention of people being discussed. I think criticizing players for their play is fair game, as they've chosen to put themselves in the spotlight. However, I have also advised people to formulate it as if they were saying it to the player's mom's face, because that's not so far off.

I like what you said jimdahl ..... I have to much class to say the things in my previous post to Brian Lee's Mother, however I do think this is the proper forum to discuss his play of the past season.

theres a difference, when its genoway or lee. lee is expected to be top notch. remember, he was a first round draft pick, genoway is not, and when that happens, you have somewhat of a hype to live up to. lee hasnt lived up to it, and in my opinion shouldnt have even been drafted the way hes played since he has been here.

Good point. I think that Lee is a solid college player right now with the ability to be much better player over the next two years of college. I realize that he plays a "positional" game, but he just doesn't seem strong enough to make the jump right now. Perhaps two more years of college could give him those extra 10 pounds of muscle. It just seems that there are two different types of D-men, the physical type that aren't expected to score, and the more finesse type D-men that are expected to score. Lee doesn't seem to fall into either category right now. That being said, I am not the person in the Ottawa front office that will be cutting a check. If he can get a big payday, more power to him, and good luck.

I have also heard that lee is as good as gone and i dont blame him he takes soo much criticism here i would leave but on the other hand he could come back and prove all the skepticks wrong

yeah im sure lee reads ss and decides hes leaving...oh my friken god....funniest thing ever really..ottawa will decide his future..and if that is a reason and i really dont think it would be he better sack the f up because hes going to canada in the nhl and wont be able to take a leak without someone knowing...halarious...either way best to lee..good luck improving your game here or ahl...if he leavs then its time for blood and lapoint...maybe hes not happy with his role?? wasnt he first team pp then bina n chorney took that over?? may be wrong here and that wouldnt be a first :silly:

It is crap like this post that give message boards a bad name.

Brian is one of the most humble likeable kids I have ever met. He came to the Sioux with very high expectations and I agree he probably has not lived up to them, but he is still one of the top defensemen in the WCHA.

I think the biggest knock against Brian is that he puts too much pressure on himself. He needs to learn to not listen to drunken idiots yelling at games or message board morons who think they know "someone" with "connections" and have the inside story.

The Sioux would be fortunate to have Brian back for his junior season.

I've heard from some with connections close to the team that not a lot of the players like him either, maybe he is looking for a frsh start.

It is crap like this post that give message boards a bad name.

Brian is one of the most humble likeable kids I have ever met. He came to the Sioux with very high expectations and I agree he probably has not lived up to them, but he is still one of the top defensemen in the WCHA.

I think the biggest knock against Brian is that he puts too much pressure on himself. He needs to learn to not listen to drunken idiots yelling at games or message board morons who think they know "someone" with "connections" and have the inside story.

The Sioux would be fortunate to have Brian back for his junior season.

Flat out Brian Lee was very overated and is not nearly the quality player that everyone expected. No one can argue with that. Let's talk about Oshie since this is his post. (You know the one with talent)

Flat out Brian Lee was very overated and is not nearly the quality player that everyone expected. No one can argue with that. Let's talk about Oshie since this is his post. (You know the one with talent)

He must have some talent to be part of the starting defensive pairing for the Fighting Sioux,but you probably know more the the Coaching staff with all your hidden talent.

This is dangerously misleading. As I try to remind people a couple times per year, with the number of players, families, friends, girlfriends, staff, media, and stalkers that absolutely do read SiouxSports.com regularly, topics most certainly do make it to the attention of people being discussed. I think criticizing players for their play is fair game, as they've chosen to put themselves in the spotlight. However, I have also advised people to formulate it as if they were saying it to the player's mom's face, because that's not so far off.

Some coaches and coaches' spouses also read this board. I found that out first hand recently.

According to this post on Mr. Oshie's myspace page, he is staying:

"hey i herd you were staying but i am not sure. my dad talked to your parents and sad you were but i am not sure. are you? PLEASE stay! sioux need you!"

As ya'll can tell, this information comes from a rock-solid and very reliable source. :silly:

"hey i herd you were staying but i am not sure. my dad talked to your parents and sad you were but i am not sure. are you? PLEASE stay! sioux need you!"

As ya'll can tell, this information comes from a rock-solid and very reliable source. :silly:

this is getting good...myspace quotes...halarious.....expect tj to come back!!

have u notived on his page he ahsnt been on it since febuary 9th.....also he got his facebook back and so did toews.

if i were them i wouldnt have a myspace or facebook..to many crazy stalker fans that would be anoying:)

Do you have a link?