SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, hope and pray that Oshie is around for one more year.

I think he will come back but even if he does not i think we will still have a very good team next year and i think a 4th straight trip to the frozen 4 is a very realistic possibility.

I say he's gone ... it's called reverse psychology .. if I say he's gonna stay, I'll be really disapointed if he does go :silly:

Let's hope the Blues want him to get another 2 years of experience under his belt!

There's a difference between being another in a long line of great Sioux players and being a Tony Hrkac, an Ed Belfour, a Jason Blake, or even a Matt Henderson. It's called being a member of a national championship team. That's what will ultimately cement a player's legacy into the hearts of Sioux fans everywhere. For that reason alone, I think TJ Oshie will return next season. The goal has not been accomplished.

I sat in front of Toews' parents at the Final Five. They did not know that I knew who they were and at first I didn't. I was commenting about how good Oshie, Duncan and Toews were, especially Toews, and the father asked if I thought Toews would come back next year. I'm sure it was a rhetorical question but I would like to attach hope to anything possible regarding a return of Toews. If both Duncan and Oshie stay, at least we'll 2/3's of that line back. Toews has the size and skill right now to turn pro. Oshie needs a little more size, although he has the skills. That's the commentary anyway. The speculation, I think, is that he'll be back for one more year. I hope that is true. Even with both Oshie and Toews gone, we'll still have a very good team next year. We'll have Lammy in net and the D will have another year of experience. We'd have Duncan, Watkins, Kosek, Miller and a lot of other very, very good forwards.

I hate losing to the east. For the first time in 7 years, a WCHA team will not be in the championship game.

I say he's gone ... it's called reverse psychology .. if I say he's gonna stay, I'll be really disapointed if he does go :silly:

Let's hope the Blues want him to get another 2 years of experience under his belt!

siNoDux cool name does that say see no ducks? :lol: I was looking at your signature and the Frozen Four isn't till April 12th of next season

Can anyone say why its so late? That has to be the latest it's ever been. Crazy

I think Oshie will stay, I hope.

I'm too used to seeing too many Sioux players leave after recent seasons to hold out any hope.

This year I'll settle for the pleasant surprise.

This time of year (the mass exodus of Sioux hockey players) coupled with the freeze up at the end of waterfowl season are the two toughest times of the year for me personally.

I think Oshie stays, for multiple reasons; there is an outside chance that Toews wants a championship and will stay to win it. My biggest fear is for those that aren't drafted, namely Lammy and Duncan. If they are offered contracts, its a different story. At least when you are drafted you know you will get multiple offers, free agents get a 1 shot chance, there is no gauruntee that another team will want them in a year. I hope that DOT all stay, but I have a good feeling that at least D & O will return for next year.

The problem for free agents is that they have no leverage to keep them out of the AHL. Toews will be offered a one-way contract to Chicago and will get the league max for a rookie. He will have no incentive whatsoever to stay at UND. Stanley Cup or MacNaughton? hmmm tough one there.

Oshie is an interesting question. If he gets offered a one-way deal, he'll go too. I am pretty sure St Louis will make him the same sweetie pie deal. So, he will be gone too.

Where we are especially vulnerable is at D. If Chorney turns pro we are in a world of hurt for next year.

I just want to keep the defensive corps together. Let them mature another year. Chorney became a bonafide superstar back there this year. Lee was a bit inconsistent, but I bet he's been injured or something. Finley has improved by leaps andd bounds. Genoway shows potential, Jones Jr has gotten a lot better since last season, and Bina really became a key player this year too. I am worried that Big Joe will turn pro, because of the ticky tac penalty callig he gets against him in this league. I am sorry if he is a foot taller than some guys, where is he supposed to put his elbows?

All the powers are going to keep losing the top talent forwards after 2 years, so what we need to do is to keep and build defensemen and role player forwards.

The problem for free agents is that they have no leverage to keep them out of the AHL. Toews will be offered a one-way contract to Chicago and will get the league max for a rookie. He will have no incentive whatsoever to stay at UND. Stanley Cup or MacNaughton? hmmm tough one there.

Oshie is an interesting question. If he gets offered a one-way deal, he'll go too. I am pretty sure St Louis will make him the same sweetie pie deal. So, he will be gone too.

Where we are especially vulnerable is at D. If Chorney turns pro we are in a world of hurt for next year.

I just want to keep the defensive corps together. Let them mature another year. Chorney became a bonafide superstar back there this year. Lee was a bit inconsistent, but I bet he's been injured or something. Finley has improved by leaps andd bounds. Genoway shows potential, Jones Jr has gotten a lot better since last season, and Bina really became a key player this year too. I am worried that Big Joe will turn pro, because of the ticky tac penalty callig he gets against him in this league. I am sorry if he is a foot taller than some guys, where is he supposed to put his elbows?

All the powers are going to keep losing the top talent forwards after 2 years, so what we need to do is to keep and build defensemen and role player forwards.

I was under the impression that rookies couldn't be offered an one way contract I thought i heard that on xm-204 the other day.

Does anyone know for sure. The boys can get the rookie max for sure but they will only get a max of $850,000.00 and an $85,000.00 signing bonus.

Toews - gone (Nothing left to accomplish)

Oshie - gone (Time to make some money)

Duncan - stays (May never get a chance to go)

Chorney - stays (Gone next year)

Finley - gone (Hard time playing within the confinement of College Hockey)

Lee - stays (Gone next year)

Thinking with my head, not my heart. :silly:

I was under the impression that rookies couldn't be offered an one way contract I thought i heard that on xm-204 the other day.

Does anyone know for sure. The boys can get the rookie max for sure but they will only get a max of $850,000.00 and an $85,000.00 signing bonus.

You are correct......there is no such thing as a one way contract for rookies under the new CBA.

i dont know if this means anything or not, but oshie removed his profile from facebook which could indicate something is happening...aka hes probably leaving.

i just dont understand how teams hold onto big time players. hensick, 4 years. boyle, 4 years. it sucks when those institutions are holding onto their great players, and were losing them their sophomore years. yeah theyre drafted high, i realize that but it just confuses me that we seem to lose the bulk of everyone before they even get into their third year.

Toews - gone (Nothing left to accomplish)

Oshie - gone (Time to make some money)

Duncan - stays (May never get a chance to go)

Chorney - stays (Gone next year)

Finley - gone (Hard time playing within the confinement of College Hockey)

Lee - stays (Gone next year)

Thinking with my head, not my heart. :silly:

Nothing left to accomplish? Has he won a National Championship yet? I think Toews is gone to but i think that winning a National Championship is something i think he would want to accomplish.

i dont know if this means anything or not, but oshie removed his profile from facebook which could indicate something is happening...aka hes probably leaving.

i just dont understand how teams hold onto big time players. hensick, 4 years. boyle, 4 years. it sucks when those institutions are holding onto their great players, and were losing them their sophomore years. yeah theyre drafted high, i realize that but it just confuses me that we seem to lose the bulk of everyone before they even get into their third year.

What is this "Facebook" you speak of?

The only reason to stay is to try for a NC. It's the only ring JT doesn't have in his collection. Sadly, the lure of the NHL and the big $$$ will dwarf the lure of coming back for one more shot at to hoist a NC. However, Jack Johnson stayed around another year as did Boyle, so it's not out of the question. That said, I am expecting both to be gone but would be pleasantly surprised if one or both chose to stay.

Nothing left to accomplish? Has he won a National Championship yet? I think Toews is gone to but i think that winning a National Championship is something i think he would want to accomplish.

kind of like myspace.. its a website that just about everyone in college is registered at, and is a nice way to keep up on what your friends have been doing, and stuff like that. tj had a profile ever since ive known him and i just noticed today that it has been deleted. ill have to ask him at lunch sometime what his plans are :lol: