SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS GOPHERS - LOSER GOES HOME, WINNER TO ST LOUIS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to Wheeler and Carman, where is the jersey pop now? Spend more time playing the game and less time cocking off and you might win next time. Seems to me the jersey pop didn't work so well for Irmen last year either as the Goofs lost to Holy Cross.

To the rest of the Gopher team, great effort, nothing to be ashamed of, the game could have gone either way.

Let's be fair here. Bariball DID NOT do a jersey pop. Only Carmen did. Then again, Bariball is quickly becoming the best of the Gophers anyhow. Not all that surprising that he's not up to that kind of childishness.

What an excellent game for the Sioux. We did to the Gophers in OT what they did to us in the Frozen Four.

Phil had a solid game. So did the first two lines.

Kaip... while we were busy debating whether or not we respect him (heh) he's become quite a solid defensive forward with an offensive flair. This year we have definitely seen more of MacMahon in Kaip's play. Radke has taken over the Prpich role (not really that well mind you).

Key Part of the game: The 5 minute penalty kill. That REALLY could have done us in. We played VERY well.

Dumb play of the game: The UND penalty soon after the 5 minute. What an unnecessary penalty.

The officiating was...eh. Good at times, not so good at others.

Brian Lee played well... but he's back to where he was last season regarding his shot. He HAS to shoot more. He's got a GREAT shot from the point but he NEVER DOES IT. He always passes to Chorney. Yeah, he's good, but I think defenses are keying off of that or can key off of that.

Finley played well.

Heck, our D played VERY well today.

Good work boys! Next step a VERY VERY VERY tough BC team. Arrogant as it may be, I'll say this:

If we get past BC, we get #8. NO team still playing is playing better than BC is right now.

This post game show SUCKS!! LoL, it shows that it's a Gopher channel.

Goligoski broken hand

Vanelli bad back

Okposo has a "thing" that makes him a step or two slower......give me a friggin break.

"Porter must be 24"

"Gophers are sooooooo young"

Woog may have gave some compliments, but still seems they are making some excuses. Goligoski's hand, young team, okposo sick, whatever. My thinking none of that matters come game time, just play the game. Both teams played great. Sioux outworked the gophers in OT and were rewarded.