SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS GOPHERS - LOSER GOES HOME, WINNER TO ST LOUIS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LET'S GO SIOUX! though I hope you didn't jinx us with the end of the thread title

just stating the facts, and it is LOSER GOES HOME and enough with jinxes, just play some hard nose fighting sioux hockey

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Not yet. But I'm praying real hard that there will be!!

probably no webcast..last nights game was offerd from ESPN 360 as it was a tape delay game and that was the only way to out it out live for people, as was the notre dame game the day before....

I thought that I heard in the Gopher post game last night that the Don stated that they would be continuing with their goaltender rotation. That would mean that Frazee is in the net tonight. Anyone else out there here the same?

i would assume that would be the case

There was a pretty good thunder storm up here in the north desert last night. I swear that everything is 50% greener today than it was yesterday. What a wonderful omen!!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you got your rain for the year. :D

i would assume that would be the case

I'd be shocked if Frazee wasn't in net. Lucia goes with the rotation all year and Briggs looked BAD yesterday.

As a Sioux fan, I have to say: "WE WANT BRIGGS!"

I think it is absolutely unfair to have Briggs' record as a Gopher and potentially watch your college career end while on the bench. :D

just stating the facts, and it is LOSER GOES HOME and enough with jinxes, just play some hard nose fighting sioux hockey

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Exactly. The fact of the matter is, the loser of this game has reached the end of their season, while the winner lives to play another day. That's a part of sports, and that's what makes it so exciting. As far as the jinxes go, I got up this morning, put on clean clothes, shaved my face, and have not repeated anything exactly how it played out yesterday. I've come to realize long ago that my miscellaneous behaviors have nothing to do with how a team plays, especially when I'm halfway across the country from where they're playing.

Although the guys scored 8 goals last night, i don't think they will begin play easy tonight. they know they got away with that game, even though they played AMAZINGLY well, and because Lammy actually stepped up, unlike Sauer. Tonight, they also know it's a revenge game, and they also know that Air Force almost beat the Gophers. I think they will play this as one of the MOST hard nosed games of the season. they know a 3rd straight frozen 4 appearance is on the line. since notre dame is out, new hampshire is out, michigan is out of the way....if miami ohio can knock off boston college, i think UND has the best chance of any left to win the championship this year. i think maine would be the best matchup, but i still think they can win this thing. they look amazing right now....

GO SIOUX!!

Although the guys scored 8 goals last night, i don't think they will begin play easy tonight. they know they got away with that game, even though they played AMAZINGLY well, and because Lammy actually stepped up, unlike Sauer. Tonight, they also know it's a revenge game, and they also know that Air Force almost beat the Gophers. I think they will play this as one of the MOST hard nosed games of the season. they know a 3rd straight frozen 4 appearance is on the line. since notre dame is out, new hampshire is out, michigan is out of the way....if miami ohio can knock off boston college, i think UND has the best chance of any left to win the championship this year. i think maine would be the best matchup, but i still think they can win this thing. they look amazing right now....

GO SIOUX!!

Amazing right now? After last years Michigan, I would agree that they looked amazing, but not after last nights game. They showed great character to turn things around last night, and that't the team I hope shows again tonight. I simply hope they come out and play Fighting Sioux hockey the way they've shown us that they can play it. With that being said, I'm sure the Gopher fans are hoping for the same thing out of their team. It will be a great matchup, and that's the bottom line.

I'd be shocked if Frazee wasn't in net. Lucia goes with the rotation all year and Briggs looked BAD yesterday.

As a Sioux fan, I have to say: "WE WANT BRIGGS!"

I think it is absolutely unfair to have Briggs' record as a Gopher and potentially watch your college career end while on the bench. :D

I like that long island Frazee will be in the net. I love to watch him raise his glove for an icing call when the gophs are on the PP. As long as we can get shots past the gophs D this time and get a couple of rebounds - things will be just fine.

watch out for HOBEY DUNCAN, he has 8 points in 3 games vs the gophs this season...hope he continues this!!

Michigan was really tailing Duncan in the offensive zone last night. It ended up hurting them, though, because Duncan would drag across the middle bringing all those defenders with him and opening things up for Oshie and Toews.