SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS GOPHERS - LOSER GOES HOME, WINNER TO ST LOUIS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the game is FSN.

But one notable will we see a 8-5 game tonight or will we see a OT time win by one of these teams.

and do the champions no matter who makes it BC or Miami win the national championship? and predictions or answers! my predicition tonight.....

The Men in Black- 4

The Boys W/Blonde Hair- 2

and they dont score both of them with in one minute tonight boys

GO SIOUX!!

Paper today mentioned that Goligoski hurt his hand taking a shot in practice Thursday. I didn't watch yesterday's game to see how he played, but it said they dressed 7 D yesterday because of that. Remembering how a broken thumb hindered Oshie the first half this has the potential to play a part tonite.

Paper also said Okposo was "under the weather" yesterday yet played well. Lucia said he would have to rest up and regain his energy after his effort yesterday. Don't know if he'll still be sick today but it won't bother me if he's a half-step slow.

I don't have a particularly good feeling about tonite's game but it should be a barn-burner. Hopefully a win for the good guys.

Paper today mentioned that Goligoski hurt his hand taking a shot in practice Thursday. I didn't watch yesterday's game to see how he played, but it said they dressed 7 D yesterday because of that. Remembering how a broken thumb hindered Oshie the first half this has the potential to play a part tonite.

Paper also said Okposo was "under the weather" yesterday yet played well. Lucia said he would have to rest up and regain his energy after his effort yesterday. Don't know if he'll still be sick today but it won't bother me if he's a half-step slow.

I don't have a particularly good feeling about tonite's game but it should be a barn-burner. Hopefully a win for the good guys.

planting escuses already, great, whats next? altitude? joke...

seriously, goli is a great d man and they need him at full tilt. okposo is a tough azz kid and will be a factor tonight, lets keep him in check...

planting escuses already, great, whats next? altitude? joke...

seriously, goli is a great d man and they need him at full tilt. okposo is a tough azz kid and will be a factor tonight, lets keep him in check...

The word on Goligoski in yesterday's game was that he may have broke a finger, which was keeping him from shooting, but he was still playing.

The Gopher boys need to be at full strength to have their best chance tonight. Goligoski needs to be able to play 25+ minutes and run the breakout as well as last weekend. I'm sure both teams will play their tails off tonight.

sagard, you can give me the best answer to this:

During the AFA/UMN tilt, the commentators mentioned on hwo Goligoski wasn't sick, he had an injury and couldn't shoot (which for someone who couldn't shoot, those passes from the point made on goal came awfully close). What's the deal? Is Lucia just forming stories to take the heat off of Goli? He didn't look that bad yesterday.

sagard, you can give me the best answer to this:

During the AFA/UMN tilt, the commentators mentioned on hwo Goligoski wasn't sick, he had an injury and couldn't shoot (which for someone who couldn't shoot, those passes from the point made on goal came awfully close). What's the deal? Is Lucia just forming stories to take the heat off of Goli? He didn't look that bad yesterday.

The Saturday morning sports radio shows in the Cities were reporting that Goligoski apparently injured a finger in the practice skate on Friday. There was some question as to how it would respond for him. It did look just fine during the AF game but I suppose only a player and staff really know how much it might be bothering him or affecting his game.

Sagard Not.

The Can will be rocking today. Everyone who will be in the building sure is lucky. The Ex last Saturday was a blast, but

the stakes were, frankly, low. A Sioux win may well have realigned the regionals, but that is water under the bridge.

I look for the Sioux to come out hard, and to go hard until the final whistle. This game will be won on coaching, conditioning,

and commitment. Here is saying that the Sioux have a leg up on the Goophs on all three fronts.

He hurt his hand in practice late in the week - Thu or Fri. He played plenty of minutes yesterday but if you watch the game again you will notice he didn't shoot the puck one time - which is very unusual for Goli. So once again the assumption Lucia had an ulterior motive/is evil was wrong. :D

Hak Pre-Game Comments:

This time of year, it really is easy to put yesterday's game behind us.

We looked at it, discussed a few things about it, and we're moving on.

Phil mirrored our team. Michigan put us on our heels quite a bit.

We were able to keep our composure, and put ourselves back into it.

Phil made some mistakes, but got back into it.

After a few key stops, he was the difference in the game.

It's a heck of a match-up today. You don't get to pick your opponent.

It's the same on both sides. One team will end their season today.

Yes, it's Minnesota/North Dakota but bottom line is that it's about moving on and playing 10 days from now.

Our PP unit scored key goals for us last week.

The first unit has been solid all year.

Last night, it was really the 2nd unit that made the plays.

This isn't last Saturday's night performance, this is about tonight.

I know Jonathan and his line will go out and work hard, as will every other line.

Officiating, I don't even wonder about that.

I thought yesterday's game was officiated well.

Don't know if we'll have Dave Hanson again today.

Goaltending is huge this time of year, regardless of the score.

We put last week's game to rest last Monday.

Our focus has to be a little bit better tonight.

You know both teams will probably play their best games of the year tonight.

We didn't feel like we did it a week ago.

It's about getting it done tonight.

Gophers Live on FSN north right now. Boy, are they playing up the Gophers as huge underdogs.

They are. And they are. If the Sioux jump on their game early, the Sioux are going

to pound the Gophers back to the stone ages. I am sick of the backhanded junior high

attempts at reverse psychology by LaPanta, Woog, Hill, and Chia.

Let's drop the puck.

tDon Comments:

I wasn't surprised with yesterday's game.

If you look at Air Force stats, they've played tough in all their games.

Thing that was missing earlier in the year was goaltending, and they found that.

We had to win it with grit in the 3rd period.

When we protect the puck, play physical, and make simple plays, we play well.

When we try to get fancy, we get ourselves in trouble.

Crucial we don't get in the box.

Obvious there PP is better than ours.

Those 5 guys can move it around and they have the skill level to get it in tight and make plays.

We have to be disciplined and try to keep their PP to around 4.

Goaltending always so important this time of year.

Crazy game last night, but I give Lamoreux credit. He shut the door later in the game.

We have to match North Dakota's intensity. We can't allow them to score 4 or 5.

Frazee earned the right to play last weekend.

Disappointing that only one WCHA team in the Frozen Four.

Positive is that one team for sure will make it.

Whoever wins this game, the other team will be behind them.

I think the Sioux will win in the thin air due to the Gopher players who took part in the World Junior Tournament just being out of gas at this point.

It really did take a toll on their players, and they just haven't had time to recover from that draining tournament.