SiouxSports.com Forum

Departures

siouxhockey5

One thing Brian Lee will get that he didn't at UND is demotions and bench warming when mistakes are made. It is a luxury that the Sioux couldn't afford to exercise and perhaps, like many other Pros, it is the type of lesson that he will respond to. I am off to watch both he and Blood in today's Senator scrimmages.

I was relieved to see the Blues sign both Tkachuk and Kariya so that they won't have to pressure any of their forward prospects to sign on this summer.

The local Islander's scout was gushing about how good Gregoire has turned out to be. I can't help but wonder if he shouldn't have been added to the team this season instead of Malone or Frattin. He may only be a one or two year player otherwise.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The local Islander's scout was gushing about how good Gregoire has turned out to be. I can't help but wonder if he shouldn't have been added to the team this season instead of Malone or Frattin. He may only be a one or two year player otherwise.

Any chance that the Lee departure will open up a roster spot for Gregoire, since we have a couple guys (Genoway and Radke) who could be moved back to D? Or is the roster still full despite Lee moving on?

One thing Brian Lee will get that he didn't at UND is demotions and bench warming when mistakes are made. It is a luxury that the Sioux couldn't afford to exercise and perhaps, like many other Pros, it is the type of lesson that he will respond to. I am off to watch both he and Blood in today's Senator scrimmages.

I was relieved to see the Blues sign both Tkachuk and Kariya so that they won't have to pressure any of their forward prospects to sign on this summer.

I think you'll get two or three years out of Gregoire. He basically lost a season due to his injury last year, so another year of development in Junior will only help him. He also needs to get a little stronger which didn't happen last year, also due to his injury.

He will be a pleasant surprise to most people on this board once he gets here. I think he was a steal for the 3rd round.

Any chance that the Lee departure will open up a roster spot for Gregoire, since we have a couple guys (Genoway and Radke) who could be moved back to D? Or is the roster still full despite Lee moving on?

I think Lee's vacated spot was taken up by Frattin.

I think Lee's vacated spot was taken up by Frattin.

not sure on that as hextall was coming in to begin with then they switched frattin in and hextall will be playing another year in the bchl, he was stated to come in before lee made his decision and also they play different positions so i wold say no.

goligoski gone

I guess he didn't want his season to end for the 3rd time in 4 years to the Sioux. JK. Huge loss for the Gophers in my opinion. His leadership alone will be missed, let alone his skills on the PP. He will have a good NHL career.

I guess he didn't want his season to end for the 3rd time in 4 years to the Sioux. JK. Huge loss for the Gophers in my opinion. His leadership alone will be missed, let alone his skills on the PP. He will have a good NHL career.

Do we have an official link yet? I guess we can go over to GPL and see...

It was reported by Rosen on WCCO.

I am just being funny, I am already considering it officials since Rosen reported it. Rosen is ussually pretty accurate. Huge loss for the Goofers. However, you could see this one coming from a mile away. Goligoski an awesome recruit could have shopped his services anywhere after senior season if he didn't sign with the Pens.

Huge loss for the goofys. Let's see....Anderson, Fischer, Peltier, Schack, Wehrs, Fairchild, Bickel, O'Brien.......arena managers around the league, stock plenty of extra light bulbs....

They also lose alot of offense from the blueline - Vanelli/Johnson/Goligoski accounted for over 100 points last year - where are they coming from this year?

Fischer is the one that I get a kick out of. Granted he might improve, but he was an absolute pylon last year vs. the Sioux. He basically gave Oshie a goal by letting Toews skate right past him, and gave no effort. The Gophs have alot of raw talent on the blue line, but unless the improve considerably, this could be a tough year for Frazee. That said, they will score alot of points as well.

Fischer is the one that I get a kick out of. Granted he might improve, but he was an absolute pylon last year vs. the Sioux. He basically gave Oshie a goal by letting Toews skate right past him, and gave no effort. The Gophs have alot of raw talent on the blue line, but unless the improve considerably, this could be a tough year for Frazee. That said, they will score alot of points as well.

Who's on the blueline for their PP? Last year the #1 NHL draft pick was on the 2nd PP group - this year will be quite a drop off.

Seldom works well to have the blue line manned by a bunch of frosh offensive dmen. They have to hope that a couple of the youngsters can play in their own end.

Still waiting for the Wooger to say, " what we are lacking is a defensive defenseman" :silly:

I think that Fischer is probably ready to move up to the powerplay for them. What would we be saying if we lost Chorney besides Lee? Probably that we don't rebuild we just reload, which is true with the gophers as well. They always seem to have a good powerplay, so it is just a matter of getting a little more experience for those not used to playing the powerplay.

I think that Fischer is probably ready to move up to the powerplay for them. What would we be saying if we lost Chorney besides Lee? Probably that we don't rebuild we just reload, which is true with the gophers as well. They always seem to have a good powerplay, so it is just a matter of getting a little more experience for those not used to playing the powerplay.

Agreed, they skate well on the big ice, that is their advantage. Just as we hit well on the NHL ice. come the end of the season, Minnesota will be there.

Agreed, they skate well on the big ice, that is their advantage. Just as we hit well on the NHL ice. come the end of the season, Minnesota will be there.

Agree with both of you, but I'd rather not have to depend on success with a frosh D. The very large Sioux dmen that became very good defensive players, struggled early in their Sioux careers, and they were defensive dmen. Lots of turnovers, and there are often even more turnovers by young dmen that are better in the offensive end.

I'd prefer experienced D over experienced O if you could only have one of the two. Sioux are fairly experienced in both D and O this year, gophers are experienced at O but very young at D.