SiouxSports.com Forum

Booooooo

yekcoh

........ It just bugs me after he makes a glove save how he flails his arm around like saying, "look at me, look at me!" And I know, I know Wheelers display after the game was not much better.

Just becasue Frank Mazzocco (sp?) says he is showboating doesn't make it so. He wouldn't know a boat if it sailed up his butt.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite certain Danny heard me last spring as he skated thru the line with Holy Cross when I yelled out "Where's the jersey pop now, Danny?".

In their defense, I think most of these kids learned the stupid "jersey-pop" trick from watching rubes at the Xcel Energy Center do it every time the fan cam strolls thru the arena. On a somewhat-similar issue, STOP DOING THE WAVE!

After Wheeler scored his goal saturday night, I was thinking something along the same lines. Lammy, Where's that glove flashing now? But we shouldn't be making a big deal of this stuff. Players from all teams do this stuff like jersey popping, or glove flashing. Like others have said in this thread, we're not on the ice hearing all the "trash talking", so when you score or make a big save, it could be natural to showboat a little just to give it back. We just don't want this stuff to get too carried away.

I couldn't find the room where they said they were distributing them.

I didn't see any posters at all......they must have secretly handed them out to Gopher fans*. I may have an extra WCHA calendar for you though. I'm not parting with my towel......which by the way, we didn't have on our seats-our section got stiffed! So I had one of the kids walk down and grab us some off of the empty seats down lower in our section. (Nobody yells at kids for doing something like that)

*conspiracy theory joke

It's almost to be expected from a lot of the Gopher fans that show up at the Final 5. A lot of them aren't real hockey fans, they just show up and display their arrogance and lack of respect for all other teams and their fans. I know a student couple from St. Cloud that sat in one of the bottom corners, who were harassed all weekend by gopher fans. The gopher fans were also harassing the Husky cheerleaders. I don't understand people booing for the awards nor the animosity displayed towards other fans.

exposed? hardly, I actually did see a Sioux fan after the spanking and tell him they spanked the Gophers, so put that where the sun don't shine there buddy! As for leaving early, you can ask anyone I know, I have NEVER left a game early.

As for my little "speech", go ahead and put it up as your sig line again for all I care, you are obviously NOT one of the Sioux fans that I could/do respect. Telling a defeated opponent it was a good game has noting to do with if you played or not, it is showing respect for an opponent. If I EVER, and I mean EVER see a post by you that says "us" and "Sioux" and "hockey" and "win" in it, I'll throw that right back in your face. You sir, are a tool.

I sure hope WE win this weekend. I think WE are playing well. Let's Go Sioux! btw, great job last weekend, WPoS. You did a great job cheering for YOUR team. And in a classy manner I might add. :angry:

all right, the jig is up, you can quote me, "WE as Gopher fans are the most ignorant, arrogant, rude, unhsportsmanlike, crass, unknowlwedgable, and unappreciative hockey fans inthe world. The Gopher hockey team should be disbanded, our ties to the WCHA should be canceled, our Banners torched, our records, title and history expunged, and Marriucci razed. As further punishment, the Excel center should have its refridgerated flooring system removed and converted to a concert only venue so the FINAL FIVE can never be played there again. But that's not all, all revenue ever attained or projected future revenues that would have been collected by Gopher Hockey should be paid to UND as punishment for crimes against hockey and as a tribute to the greatest hockey team, program and fans ever created. Theys have a long history of perfection, infalability and complete supremessing in every aspect of hockey from on ice strategy to behvaior in the stands. I count myself as fortunate for being able to wtiness the UND hockey holiness. I opnly hope to one day touch the hem of your Sioux garments."

I didn't see any posters at all......they must have secretly handed them out to Gopher fans*. I may have an extra WCHA calendar for you though. I'm not parting with my towel......which by the way, we didn't have on our seats-our section got stiffed! So I had one of the kids walk down and grab us some off of the empty seats down lower in our section. (Nobody yells at kids for doing something like that)

*conspiracy theory joke

The WCHA "accidentally" shipped the posters to Fargo.

:angry:

all right, the jig is up, you can quote me, "WE as Gopher fans are the most ignorant, arrogant, rude, unhsportsmanlike, crass, unknowlwedgable, and unappreciative hockey fans inthe world. The Gopher hockey team should be disbanded, our ties to the WCHA should be canceled, our Banners torched, our records, title and history expunged, and Marriucci razed. As further punishment, the Excel center should have its refridgerated flooring system removed and converted to a concert only venue so the FINAL FIVE can never be played there again. But that's not all, all revenue ever attained or projected future revenues that would have been collected by Gopher Hockey should be paid to UND as punishment for crimes against hockey and as a tribute to the greatest hockey team, program and fans ever created. Theys have a long history of perfection, infalability and complete supremessing in every aspect of hockey from on ice strategy to behvaior in the stands. I count myself as fortunate for being able to wtiness the UND hockey holiness. I opnly hope to one day touch the hem of your Sioux garments."

Cut the drivel and get back to work. You are ripping your employer off by wasting time and energy here.

BTW, I can, and will, personally vouch for WPoS. He was at the game, he was cheering hard and cleverly for the Gophers, and he is a fine hockey fan. Some of his famous cheers, however, are still stupid.

I also saw him in The John in January at his bitter end, and he did in fact take his medicine from both me and others.

To reinforce your point...it's Xcel Energy Center! :angry:

I guess that is a good starting point :angry:

exposed? hardly, I actually did see a Sioux fan after the spanking and tell him they spanked the Gophers, so put that where the sun don't shine there buddy! As for leaving early, you can ask anyone I know, I have NEVER left a game early.

As for my little "speech", go ahead and put it up as your sig line again for all I care, you are obviously NOT one of the Sioux fans that I could/do respect. Telling a defeated opponent it was a good game has noting to do with if you played or not, it is showing respect for an opponent. If I EVER, and I mean EVER see a post by you that says "us" and "Sioux" and "hockey" and "win" in it, I'll throw that right back in your face. You sir, are a tool.

I am one for interaction with GOOD hockey fans regardless of the outcome. We moved our seats this year at the F5 and actually had some good new people to sit by. Knowledgable, respectfull fans, that weren't yelling about ref bias, or "fake" penaties, or any of that crap. I had a good time chatting with them and shared a "that was a great game" after it was all over, as well as props for the all F5 team. That game will go down in my mind as one of the best, most hard fought games between our two respective teams. Damn I wish I had DVR'd it. As for FlagGuy and all the others that pull that nazi crap, I personally hate that, it is stupid and dumb, and I tell the people who do that so.

NDH, Mafiaman, missed running into you guys this year, you guys are good eggs.

Forecheck did we ever make a bet?!? :lol:

undacfm, one of these years we got to meet up and share a brew and talk BMW (got mine out Sunday)

Diggler, I leave the head butting (and nose breaking) to my best friends! that was crazy!

W

are you sure you weren't at the car show instead of the Final 5 tournament ? :(

you don't have to torch the runner-up banners. those can stay hanging with pride. everything else seems about right. :angry:

It's almost to be expected from a lot of the Gopher fans that show up at the Final 5. A lot of them aren't real hockey fans, they just show up and display their arrogance and lack of respect for all other teams and their fans. I know a student couple from St. Cloud that sat in one of the bottom corners, who were harassed all weekend by gopher fans. The gopher fans were also harassing the Husky cheerleaders. I don't understand people booing for the awards nor the animosity displayed towards other fans.

We stayed on the same hotel floor as the Sioux Cheer Team and a couple of them told us that they were treated very poorly by Gopher fans. I really don't think that type of harrassment is necessary. Period. A little bit of razzing back and forth, on the other hand, is fun.

We stayed on the same hotel floor as the Sioux Cheer Team and a couple of them told us that they were treated very poorly by Gopher fans. I really don't think that type of harrassment is necessary. Period. A little bit of razzing back and forth, on the other hand, is fun.

You were at the same hotel as us. My son said that he didn't notice the Sioux cheerleaders out during the OT period. I didn't pay very close attention to that, anyone else notice it?

As least they aren't from a school whose mascot is a Husky. The Gopher fans were really letting them have it.

You were at the same hotel as us. My son said that he didn't notice the Sioux cheerleaders out during the OT period. I didn't pay very close attention to that, anyone else notice it?

I noticed that too. I didn't ask them why. I just know they didn't get much sleep all weekend. :angry:

I sure hope WE win this weekend. I think WE are playing well. Let's Go Sioux! btw, great job last weekend, WPoS. You did a great job cheering for YOUR team. And in a classy manner I might add. :lol:

YOU WON'T PLAY IN THE FREAKIN' GAME, DUDE! :angry:

W