SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

Since the game is being picked up live locally (ND and MN) is there going to be a webcast for those of us that can't get the TV coverage (I am currently in the south and finding a TV not on basketball is impossible):glare:

I see the school has an audio link, but no video up as of yet. Thanks for any input.

I doubt that Fox Sports or Espn that controls this broadcast and feed will allow any web cast of this Game...

I know that Mid-continent Cable had to give up all the rights of the 1st born male children, just to get the approval for the Local viewing areas...

Fox Sports is not going to let this be shown live in the MPLS viewing area because their contract with the NHL Wild.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to consider driving to Fargo and hanging out with my uncle and going to a sports bar there and watching it live. But most likely will go to Senser's to watch it there. Anyone have some thoughts on what i should do.

go with the big beers and good food that you hold so dear if you need to ask

and it will be tons of fun if they win :glare:

Maybe I understand this whole FTA thing incorrectly, but just because FSN-North is not showing it locally (MSP) couldn't Midcontinent (GFK) beam it up FTA? How about UND putting it through via web cast? Did Midcontinent buy it from FSN-North who bought if from ESPN? Iceberg, any ideas? Still trying to hold out hope those of us in the cities will be able to see it live!

Maybe I understand this whole FTA thing incorrectly, but just because FSN-North is not showing it locally (MSP) couldn't Midcontinent (GFK) beam it up FTA? How about UND putting it through via web cast? Did Midcontinent buy it from FSN-North who bought if from ESPN? Iceberg, any ideas? Still trying to hold out hope those of us in the cities will be able to see it live!

I would love to see UND put the game on webcast, if possible, they could charge a fee. I, and many others would be willing to pay to watch the game.

I hate to say this but after talking with FSN I think you can give up hope. Sorry.

ESPN owns the rights to the broadcast. They can do anything they want with those rights. Fox Sports North bought rights to specific games, including the UND game(s) from ESPN. They had to state exactly what they were going to do with those games and can't do anything more than is in the contract. Midco negotiated with FSN to show the UND game live on Saturday in selected areas. That does not include the right to include the broadcast on FTA or for any webcasts.

FSSN games are normally available on FTA systems because that is how Midco and WDAZ distribute the broadcast to the various outlets. FSSN owns those rights so they can distribute them any way they want. They have also included webcasts in that distribution plan for some of the games that they control. ESPN and the NC$$ control the rights for tournament games and they will not allow them to be distributed on FTA systems or on webcasts where they can't get the money for those broadcasts. Bottom line is, unless someone announces another deal the game will only be available on tape delay in the Twin Cities.

I am not one of the conspiracy theorists about the NC$$ and UND mainly because I did not give the NC$$ that much credit. I felt that it was too far beyond their scope. But I tell you what after reviewing all the available College Hockey this weekend and finding that the ONLY GAME THAT IS TAPE DELAYED IS UND/MICHIGAN I am starting to move to the "Dark Side". I think the straw that started it was the fact that FSN Detroit has High School Basketball and to add insult to injury they don't even have the tape delay version on after the frickin b-ball game. The have Fult titl poker on!!! The second one is that Altitude has all sorts of College Hockey on but it isn't from Denver (their own viewing area) it is from the East Region and the Midwest Region. You just can't make this stuff up. Even a conspiracy theorist would not have gone this frickin far!!

Make some room on the DARK SIDE!!! : :glare:

I watched the Dartmouth tournament on CN8 and I seem to remember the quality being pretty good. I don't think it cost anything.

finally! :glare: thank you very much for the information...can watch clarkson and massachusetts at 1:30 tomorrow and then st could and maine are on FSN at 5:00. Go Huskies!

ESPN owns the rights to the broadcast. They can do anything they want with those rights. Fox Sports North bought rights to specific games, including the UND game(s) from ESPN. They had to state exactly what they were going to do with those games and can't do anything more than is in the contract. Midco negotiated with FSN to show the UND game live on Saturday in selected areas. That does not include the right to include the broadcast on FTA or for any webcasts.

FSSN games are normally available on FTA systems because that is how Midco and WDAZ distribute the broadcast to the various outlets. FSSN owns those rights so they can distribute them any way they want. They have also included webcasts in that distribution plan for some of the games that they control. ESPN and the NC$$ control the rights for tournament games and they will not allow them to be distributed on FTA systems or on webcasts where they can't get the money for those broadcasts. Bottom line is, unless someone announces another deal the game will only be available on tape delay in the Twin Cities.

82sioux

you get a A++++ for the explanation :glare:

They won't even be able to do this one legally or otherwise.....

wanna bet??

If ESPN does this year like they did last year, its very possible they could pick it up. Last year the games were on C-Band analog in the clear (C-Band is them big ass back yard dishes) because I watched the feed that way. Its like the FTA stuff we have for the FSSN but different equipment and a bigger dish.

If Sensers knew the coordinates (unfortunatelly the ESPN wont publish them) and they had an analog box (they've got C-Band..I've seen those on their buildings) they could feasably get it. Technically all Midco is doing is plucking the feed and reshowing it on Channel 23 in GF.

Me, my big ass will be spinning the big dish tomorrow looking for the other games. Last year ESPN used one satellite for all 4 regions so maybe they will do the same :glare:

Now if they encrypt them then we're all screwed with the FTA setups

Hey Ice,

You sure you can't pull in the signal? I'll look for the Bat Signal on Saturday afternoon to see if you found it...:glare:

I'm sure as heck gonna try. I know last year they were C-Band (big dish) and this year its primed and ready to go for tomorrow. ESPN+ used one satellite for all 4 regions last year