SiouxSports.com Forum

What WCHA Program do you respect the most?

pstar

Besides your own. I was reading all the contempt for Jutting and MSU. So Iwas wondering, which program does UND fans respect. As a Gopher Fan, I can admit I have a ton of repsect (with equal if not more amounts of disdain) for UND. I like what Tech has done the last few seasons and Motzko seems to building somethng good at SCSU, but I really don't think either of those two schools have a "program" worth respecting yet.

As much as people dislike the Mankato game because they play cheap, I admire their program the most because they play the game straight up. They don't play the slowdown game like Tech, UW, and other bottom teams do. They don't have the talent to play the uptempo games like the top teams do but they do and they get beat. Might be a stupid coaching strategy but I admire them for not putting us to sleep.

I would say that having your players take cheap shots and play dirty just so your team can stay in the game is a very poor game plan. I admire the Seawolve's program. Even though they are rarely competitive, they work hard, play smart, and even though they have a handful of cheap guys, games tend to be clearer than with Mankato. Imagine having to make so many long road trips and not having many resources to compete with in a very tough league. I think with what they have to work with they are an excellent program.

Good post. I would have to say Wisconsin. I can relate with their hatred towards the Gophers. The other teams hate the Goofs but Wisconsin sees the dirtiness of the Gophers. CC has a good program too. I would say Wisco is #1 and CC is #2 on my most respected teams list. Duluth might be #3.

Who do I respect the most in the WCHA changes year to year. Last year I respected SCSU the most because in one year Motzko changed SCSU from a mediocre team with a crappy assed coach to a team to be reckoned with. This year, though, I'm going with MTU. They took an underrated goaltender and basically nothing else and ended the season ranked and tough.

Outside the WCHA... I'd probably say Maine or Holy Cross. Not because of what Holy Cross did to the Gophers, but because how genuine and respectful they were. And Maine's had a large share of classy fans and a classy program.

You have to respect MN,but they clearly have the biggest recruiting advantage in the wcha due to the mn hockey talent at the prep level who are corrupted by woog and mozocco

Sweeney needs to polish his corruption of ND prep talent. :lol:

CC - like Whistler said

MN - year-in-year-out, a winning program with loyal, vocal fans

The new and improved St. Cloud with Bob Motzko. I think he's brought a level of class to that formerly classless program.

I can't bring myself to give any cred to Wisconsin or Denver because I think their coaches are crass whiners.

I wish Sandy would get something going in Duluth.

Mankato - meh

Tech - give Jamie Russell a couple years and they'll be there

Alaska - too far away..... in every regard

Gotta say thanks for the kind words about CC.

As far as programs with a good history/tradition, I have to say the Sioux, MN Wisc and Mich Tech. Although I'll have to clean my keyboard, I probably have to objectively say DU.

As for the current coaches:

Gotta give props to Lucia for what he did while @ CC. Since tDOn coached here, CC has consistently been a contender. He also took a MN program to the NC twice. (But still < the Soiux's number of championships)

Gwozdecky is a good coach too. Year in, year out he has his guys ready to play, and normally they peak towards the end of the season.

Russell has done well this year @ Tech. Heck, up until this year, the games against Tech were automatic 2 points. Not any more.

Hakstol (sp?) He had some fairly big shoes to fill when Blaise left, but "all" that he has accomplished is 2 frozen fours in a row. How can that not be considered a great accomplishment. He has the guys ready to play. Right now, the Sioux is the team to beat.

Can't say anything nice about Eaves. His comments defending Burrish after a blatant late hit that ended Thauwald's season last year were just plain wrong.

I do sometimes wonder if the path to WI and MN is through Colorado Springs tho.

Gotta say thanks for the kind words about CC.

As far as programs with a good history/tradition, I have to say the Sioux, MN Wisc and Mich Tech. Although I'll have to clean my keyboard, I probably have to objectively say DU.

As for the current coaches:

Gotta give props to Lucia for what he did while @ CC. Since tDOn coached here, CC has consistently been a contender. He also took a MN program to the NC twice. (But still < the Soiux's number of championships)

Gwozdecky is a good coach too. Year in, year out he has his guys ready to play, and normally they peak towards the end of the season.

Russell has done well this year @ Tech. Heck, up until this year, the games against Tech were automatic 2 points. Not any more.

Hakstol (sp?) He had some fairly big shoes to fill when Blaise left, but "all" that he has accomplished is 2 frozen fours in a row. How can that not be considered a great accomplishment. He has the guys ready to play. Right now, the Sioux is the team to beat.

Can't say anything nice about Eaves. His comments defending Burrish after a blatant late hit that ended Thauwald's season last year were just plain wrong.

I do sometimes wonder if the path to WI and MN is through Colorado Springs tho.

I have to tip my hat to CC. Scott Owens is a good coach and they always seem to be right in the mix every year.

Gwoz is a whiner! He wears make-up and is a total A-hole. Their fans suck to! They rarely fill their arena, even during a two-year period when the went back to back.

It's is fun to have a team like the Gophers in the conference. They create the common bond for all other teams. Everyone loves to hate the gophers!

Gwoz is a whiner! He wears make-up and is a total A-hole. Their fans suck to! They rarely fill their arena, even during a two-year period when the went back to back.

It's is fun to have a team like the Gophers in the conference. They create the common bond for all other teams. Everyone loves to hate the gophers!

Never seen Gwoz whine--maybe he's complaining about not having enough vowels in his name.

So very true about everyone loving to hate the gophers.

BTW: The Tiger fans weren't so impressive this year. There were a lot of empty seats @ the last CC-MTU game.