Matt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Briggs: .917 save % 2.10 GAA

Lammy: .914 save % 2.31 GAA

Almost identicle stats, but Briggs has been absolutely terrible in the post season throughout his career. Lammy and Briggs are both average goalies at best. Fans of both schools look silly claiming one is better than the other. I personally feel they both suck.

Lammy played through an injury and it was clear that it affected his game. Since his recovery he has been more mobile in his crease and has probably only given up 2 or three soft goals in the past couple of months. There is no excuse for Briggs, he is a career sieve.

Briggs: .917 save % 2.10 GAA

Lammy: .914 save % 2.31 GAA

Almost identicle stats, but Briggs has been absolutely terrible in the post season throughout his career. Lammy and Briggs are both average goalies at best. Fans of both schools look silly claiming one is better than the other. I personally feel they both suck.

I always think its funny that people say this, right now I would say that Lammy is a lot better than Briggsieve.

I always think its funny that people say this, right now I would say that Lammy is a lot better than Briggsieve.

If anything I would go with Frazee, he looked just fine on Sunday afternoon. Stayed focus while only getting 12 shots. Whoever wins the Thursday game will probably get around 20 shots on net.

Is Grieco ready to go? Teams have been trying to run Phil through the endboards as of late. Could he be ready to lead ala Andy K.?

Michael-Lee Teslak, Bobby Goepfert and Phil Lamoureux are the first, second and third best WCHA goalies respectively in the second half of the season. Goepfert's numbers are a hair better than Lamoureux's. What does Lamoureux have that none of the top three have? A .800 winning percentage. Goepfert is at .667 and Teslak is at .692.

In the second half of the season, Briggs would be the seventh best goalie in the WCHA. He has a .533 winning percentage.

I know which goalie I'd rather have at this point of the season -- the one that wins the most.

no way in hell grieco is ready to go. we need lammy to stay healthy and stay in nets or i wont even travel down to the cities. im not saying greico doesnt have potential, but this year he was terrible when he filled in for phil. the only wins he got were purely luck. the guy just has no composure yet whatsoever and i dont see him standing a chance under pressure like whats to come...

just my two cents tho

Michael-Lee Teslak, Bobby Goepfert and Phil Lamoureux are the first, second and third best WCHA goalies respectively in the second half of the season. Goepfert's numbers are a hair better than Lamoureux's. What does Lamoureux have that none of the top three have? A .800 winning percentage. Goepfert is at .667 and Teslak is at .692.

In the second half of the season, Briggs would be the seventh best goalie in the WCHA. He has a .533 winning percentage.

I know which goalie I'd rather have at this point of the season -- the one that wins the most.

I thought someone posted Lammy's 2nd half stats on this board - does anyone remember? Maybe it was Brad on his blog?

Edit - from the UND/MSM pregame last week:

Goalie Philippe Lamoureux (Jr., Grand Forks, N.D.) has now started 18 consecutive games since Christmas, posting a 12-2-4 mark along with a 2.03 goals against average and .926 save percentage in those games.

no way in hell grieco is ready to go. we need lammy to stay healthy and stay in nets or i wont even travel down to the cities. im not saying greico doesnt have potential, but this year he was terrible when he filled in for phil. the only wins he got were purely luck. the guy just has no composure yet whatsoever and i dont see him standing a chance under pressure like whats to come...

just my two cents tho

I think he meant as a backup, not starter.

I thought someone posted Lammy's 2nd half stats on this board - does anyone remember? Maybe it was Brad on his blog?

Here are some second half stats for Final Five goalies:

Teslak

Save percentage: .929

Goals against average: 1.75

Record: 8-3-2 (.692)

Goepfert

Save percentage: .938

Goals against average: 1.90

Record: 10-4-4 (.667)

Lamoureux

Save percentage: .928

Goals against average: 1.98

Record: 14-2-4 (.800)

Elliott

Save percentage: .924

Goals against average: 1.99

Record: 8-7-1 (.531)

Briggs

Save percentage: .916

Goals against average: 2.12

Record: 8-7-0 (.533)

Frazee

Save percentage: .901

Goals against average: 2.92

Record: 5-1-0 (.833)

ohh probably lol. sorry about that little rant there. im just not really comfortable with any other goalie in net.

Sorry for the confusion... I was trying to get everyone's thought on UND's goalie depth. Such as can Grieco carry the torch if Phil gets knocked out of a game. I'm thinking back in past, UND has had two goalies who were both above average or better. This is the first year in a while that the Sioux are jumping on one guy's back and trying to ride him the whole way. (Phil would have been just fine for last years team so please don't respond with "last year we only had Parise").

Sorry for the confusion... I was trying to get everyone's thought on UND's goalie depth. Such as can Grieco carry the torch if Phil gets knocked out of a game. I'm thinking back in past, UND has had two goalies who were both above average or better. This is the first year in a while that the Sioux are jumping on one guy's back and trying to ride him the whole way. (Phil would have been just fine for last years team so please don't respond with "last year we only had Parise").

i think if we need them to grieco or walski both could carry us through a game. i just dont know about anything more than the remainder of a game.

just my two cents tho

I said this same thing only less harsh, about 2.5 months ago and got torn apart?? I'm curious as to where redwing and goon are now?

Here are some second half stats for Final Five goalies:

Teslak

Save percentage: .929

Goals against average: 1.75

Record: 8-3-2 (.692)

Goepfert

Save percentage: .938

Goals against average: 1.90

Record: 10-4-4 (.667)

Lamoureux

Save percentage: .928

Goals against average: 1.98

Record: 14-2-4 (.800)

Elliott

Save percentage: .924

Goals against average: 1.99

Record: 8-7-1 (.531)

Briggs

Save percentage: .916

Goals against average: 2.12

Record: 8-7-0 (.533)

Frazee

Save percentage: .901

Goals against average: 2.92

Record: 5-1-0 (.833)

Nice work PCM, I just finished Lammy's stats and I decided to check to see if someone else was faster. Now I have to actually work. :)

I said this same thing only less harsh, about 2.5 months ago and got torn apart?? I'm curious as to where redwing and goon are now?

2 and a half months ago the general thought was he was pretty good. a few games later that all fell apart...

Nice work PCM, I just finished Lammy's stats and I decided to check to see if someone else was faster. Now I have to actually work. :)

I just quoted from Dan Benson's latest Fighting Sioux hockey news release. :lol:

Well, since you asked....

I'm saying if Grieco is healthy, let him back up Lammy. If poopski wants to say Grieco stinks or is heading toward a bust I'll just remind him about the fact that Grieco was the last goaltender to outplay Goephert in 2006 and that, because we've seen what his potential was, I'll remind poopski that if he wants to know what I think of his opinion of Grieco is, all he needs to look at is the first four letters of his handle.

Grieco played like a freshman. In fact, he played no worse than Weslosky and Stalock. Stalock got no help offensively and had bad team defense in front of him (similar to Grieco vs. UAA) and Weslosky simply played no real contenders except a hype-inflated Clarkson team. Trust me, UAA could beat Clarkson the way they played the Gophers. And I know some of the goals Grieco let in vs. UAA were weak, but they were freshman type mistakes. Obviously, some of us expected the second coming of Goehring. Well, Grieco is 6 inches taller than Goehring and he's Anthony not Karl. Stop turning his development into a cliff from a ramp. It's not a "you either dominate or you suck" type scenario here.

I don't know when Grieco got injured or how, but a knee injury on a goaltender is very worrisome. Thankfully fans don't make the decisions because if they did, Grieco would never play because everyone here has already forgotten how well he played against SCSU and, like Lee, won't give him the benefit of the doubt.

So yeah, Grieco doesn't suck. I don't feel uncomfortable when he's on the ice. He's just a freshman, barely 18 years old.

Phil is still the man in net and it doesn't matter how good Grieco is. All Anthony can do now is wait for next year and play his ass off in practice.

Well, since you asked....

I'm saying if Grieco is healthy, let him back up Lammy. If poopski wants to say Grieco stinks or is heading toward a bust I'll just remind him about the fact that Grieco was the last goaltender to outplay Goephert in 2006 and that, because we've seen what his potential was, I'll remind poopski that if he wants to know what I think of his opinion of Grieco is, all he needs to look at is the first four letters of his handle.

Grieco played like a freshman. In fact, he played no worse than Weslosky and Stalock. Stalock got no help offensively and had bad team defense in front of him (similar to Grieco vs. UAA) and Weslosky simply played no real contenders except a hype-inflated Clarkson team. Trust me, UAA could beat Clarkson the way they played the Gophers. And I know some of the goals Grieco let in vs. UAA were weak, but they were freshman type mistakes. Obviously, some of us expected the second coming of Goehring. Well, Grieco is 6 inches taller than Goehring and he's Anthony not Karl. Stop turning his development into a cliff from a ramp. It's not a "you either dominate or you suck" type scenario here.

I don't know when Grieco got injured or how, but a knee injury on a goaltender is very worrisome. Thankfully fans don't make the decisions because if they did, Grieco would never play because everyone here has already forgotten how well he played against SCSU and, like Lee, won't give him the benefit of the doubt.

So yeah, Grieco doesn't suck. I don't feel uncomfortable when he's on the ice. He's just a freshman, barely 18 years old.

Phil is still the man in net and it doesn't matter how good Grieco is. All Anthony can do now is wait for next year and play his ass off in practice.

Thank you, thats all I needed.

Thank you, thats all I needed.

No problem. I look forward to next year when Anthony is healthy and Hakstol goes back to a goaltender rotation like he had with JPar and Phil last year (with Phil getting most of the starts).

I almost enjoy the Grieco-bashing as much as I do the Lee-bashing. And, from what I hear, this Joe Gleason guy is raw defensively. That means we might be getting another Lee to bash! :)

If anything I would go with Frazee, he looked just fine on Sunday afternoon. Stayed focus while only getting 12 shots. Whoever wins the Thursday game will probably get around 20 shots on net.

PLEASE play him. Maybe Bina can go for the 200 footer. :)