SiouxSports.com Forum

Dubay picks Sioux

Matt

If anything I would go with Frazee, he looked just fine on Sunday afternoon. Stayed focus while only getting 12 shots. Whoever wins the Thursday game will probably get around 20 shots on net.

What about when he didn't even try to block that AA goal in the first? He might have been surprised that the puck got turned over but he was standing straight up! Didn't even try to go down to block it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2007-2008 UND Athletics marketing campaign:

UND Athletics: We dominate, you suck. :)

St. Clown might file trademark infringement on that one. I think they feel that they have the corner on "you suck." It was so ridiculous hearing their fans chant that at the end of the game after it took them 3 OT and 111 minutes of hockey to defeat the #9 team in the conference.

St. Clown might file trademark infringement on that one. I think they feel that they have the corner on "you suck." It was so ridiculous hearing their fans chant that at the end of the game after it took them 3 OT and 111 minutes of hockey to defeat the #9 team in the conference.

AAAAAAGREED. hey where were you sitting at the game?? i was in my bright green sioux jersey!

Well, since you asked....

I'm saying if Grieco is healthy, let him back up Lammy. If poopski wants to say Grieco stinks or is heading toward a bust I'll just remind him about the fact that Grieco was the last goaltender to outplay Goephert in 2006 and that, because we've seen what his potential was, I'll remind poopski that if he wants to know what I think of his opinion of Grieco is, all he needs to look at is the first four letters of his handle.

Grieco played like a freshman. In fact, he played no worse than Weslosky and Stalock. Stalock got no help offensively and had bad team defense in front of him (similar to Grieco vs. UAA) and Weslosky simply played no real contenders except a hype-inflated Clarkson team. Trust me, UAA could beat Clarkson the way they played the Gophers. And I know some of the goals Grieco let in vs. UAA were weak, but they were freshman type mistakes. Obviously, some of us expected the second coming of Goehring. Well, Grieco is 6 inches taller than Goehring and he's Anthony not Karl. Stop turning his development into a cliff from a ramp. It's not a "you either dominate or you suck" type scenario here.

I don't know when Grieco got injured or how, but a knee injury on a goaltender is very worrisome. Thankfully fans don't make the decisions because if they did, Grieco would never play because everyone here has already forgotten how well he played against SCSU and, like Lee, won't give him the benefit of the doubt.

So yeah, Grieco doesn't suck. I don't feel uncomfortable when he's on the ice. He's just a freshman, barely 18 years old.

Phil is still the man in net and it doesn't matter how good Grieco is. All Anthony can do now is wait for next year and play his ass off in practice.

Excellent post Redwing. :)

They are much more enlightened at that institution. I don't know why you are so hard on them. They have taped a Husky head over the old Blackhawk logo on a picture of there only famous hockey alum which hangs in the NHC, which proves how much more caring and advanced they are.

No problem. I look forward to next year when Anthony is healthy and Hakstol goes back to a goaltender rotation like he had with JPar and Phil last year (with Phil getting most of the starts).

I almost enjoy the Grieco-bashing as much as I do the Lee-bashing. And, from what I hear, this Joe Gleason guy is raw defensively. That means we might be getting another Lee to bash! :)

I think Grieco will be a very solid goaltender for us in the coming years. He looked real good early in the year for being such a young

kid. Ben Blood is a little raw also, I think he needs a year in juniors before he skates with the Sioux.

btw .... Lee bashing what is that about? :D:lol::lol: