SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They looked pretty good and Red River hung in there with them.

Jefferson will have to play as good as they did this weekend, or even better to have a shot at even making the MN state tournament. Edina will be tough for them to get past in their section.

One thing I noticed about tonight's games was the speed they were played at. The ND game was played at a very slow pace, and I was not impressed with either GFC or RR. Too many weak shots and poor passes. The Minn game was played at a speed double of what the other game was played at. Much crisper passes, better checking, and better scoring opportunities. I guess it confirms what many say about the difference between the two states. Great goal to end the game for Roseau though they should have won it earlier with the numerous posts they hit and the botched penalty shot.

One thing I noticed about tonight's games was the speed they were played at. The ND game was played at a very slow pace, and I was not impressed with either GFC or RR. Too many weak shots and poor passes. The Minn game was played at a speed double of what the other game was played at. Much crisper passes, better checking, and better scoring opportunities. I guess it confirms what many say about the difference between the two states. Great goal to end the game for Roseau though they should have won it earlier with the numerous posts they hit and the botched penalty shot.

I don't think too many people say that the North Dakota high school tournament compares with the Minnesota tournament. But i think that most would say it is getting closer. Considering that Eastern North Dakota has been the king of hockey in ND for years(decades) but Western North Dakota is finally starting to catch up. Neither East Nor West may be there quite yet but North Dakota is certainly getting there.

I don't think too many people say that the North Dakota high school tournament compares with the Minnesota tournament. But i think that most would say it is getting closer. Considering that Eastern North Dakota has been the king of hockey in ND for years(decades) but Western North Dakota is finally starting to catch up. Neither East Nor West may be there quite yet but North Dakota is certainly getting there.

Disagree. You can actually make the argument that the gap between the East and West has widened in the last few years. When is the last time a Western team made it out of the first round, 2004?

Disagree. You can actually make the argument that the gap between the East and West has widened in the last few years. When is the last time a Western team made it out of the first round, 2004?

How long has Devils Lake been considered East, 1 year? They placed 3rd in last years tournament.

The only way they should have won is the way they won, by being ahead as time ran out. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. The Roseau-BJ game was played at a speed "double"? Give me a break. You watched the #1 team in the state of MN play, they are good, no argument. Bloomington was no pushover, but they only beat Red River in a Shoot-out to determine a winner, so they are not "DOUBLE" the speed of a ND team with crisper passes, and better scoring opportunities.

The only way they should have won is the way they won, by being ahead as time ran out. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. The Roseau-BJ game was played at a speed "double"? Give me a break. You watched the #1 team in the state of MN play, they are good, no argument. Bloomington was no pushover, but they only beat Red River in a Shoot-out to determine a winner, so they are not "DOUBLE" the speed of a ND team with crisper passes, and better scoring opportunities.

Actually, Jefferson beat red River in a game in which their goaltender stole for them as Red River thoroughly carried the play and even according to the Jefferson coach was the better team.

I did not see the games on Fri, but by the number os shots from RR, I would say they did play better, to my surprise looking at BJ on Sat. Even GFC played a good 2 periods on Fri. Maybe RR had a bad game on Sat or BJ played great but the fact was the Minn game was double the speed. Is every game like that? I doubt it and the scores on Fri back that up. However, I believe Minn teams are more consistent with their play. Regardless, it was comparing a UND-CC game to a Tech-UW game.

As for the shoulda, woulda, coulda, I am a believer that if you control the game, good things will happen. Roseau had the best scoring opportunities and the bulk of them. Eventually they converted the winner but they alone had the opportunity to extend the margin if the chips would have fell their way. BJ converted when they had the chance while Roseau left some out there.

They weren't good until last year, their first as an East team. The gap is widening, not closing.

I would agree with you on that. The western teams need to improve. I have a feeling they might get a first round win at state this year though.

I think the gap between Red River/South and the rest of the state is what is widening more so than the gap between East and West. I think most objective people would agree that the top two or three teams in the West are not all that far behind the third to fifth best teams in the East.

Nice try throwing South in there...they lost to Bismarck, no way in hell they deserve to be grouped in with RR.

HOLD ON! How close are you talking here? Because last time I checked the State Hockey tournament is pretty close to a holiday in MN! How often can you say that a high school game is aired on TV on a regular basis? (don't say that ND doesnt have the power to do so because they do, there is no demand for it)

You can't get a seat at the Minnesota Class AA championship game unless you buy from a scalper, that game is sold out for months! For the North Dakota's high school tournament, you can walk up and buy a ticket that day!

HOLD ON! How close are you talking here? Because last time I checked the State Hockey tournament is pretty close to a holiday in MN! How often can you say that a high school game is aired on TV on a regular basis? (don't say that ND doesnt have the power to do so because they do, there is no demand for it)

You can't get a seat at the Minnesota Class AA championship game unless you buy from a scalper, that game is sold out for months! For the North Dakota's high school tournament, you can walk up and buy a ticket that day!

I think he was talking about the play of the hockey in the tourney, not the tourney itself.

You actually can't buy tickets ahead of time for the Minnesota tournament. You actually have to walk up and buy a ticket that day. Therefore the game isn't sold out for months and you just completely lied to everyone on this board.

You actually can't buy tickets ahead of time for the Minnesota tournament. You actually have to walk up and buy a ticket that day. Therefore the game isn't sold out for months and you just completely lied to everyone on this board.

Certain amount go to each school, then the rest are divided up amongst season ticket holders for the wild and some are reserved for people who have gone to the tourny for years. I know people who still hold there tickets from 1956!

Certain amount go to each school, then the rest are divided up amongst season ticket holders for the wild and some are reserved for people who have gone to the tourny for years. I know people who still hold there tickets from 1956!

This doesn't make any sense: "then the REST are divided up amongst season ticket holders for the wild." According to what you just said the only people who can attend are students from the schools, wild ticket holders and people who have went to the tournament for years.

Ok, so there isn't any confusion. You can buy tickets the day of the championship. They don't go on-sale till the day of the championship and they have plenty of tickets to go around.

This doesn't make any sense: "then the REST are divided up amongst season ticket holders for the wild." According to what you just said the only people who can attend are students from the schools, wild ticket holders and people who have went to the tournament for years.

Ok, so there isn't any confusion. You can buy tickets the day of the championship. They don't go on-sale till the day of the championship and they have plenty of tickets to go around.

considering the wild are apart of MSE the wild ticket holders get first dibs i know that. and if they have plenty of tickets to go around why does the AA championship game sell out?