SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

These tryouts are just to seperate the varsity players from jv no players are being cut. Its just being held to open up some new spots and put some kids where they belong.

Then that is not tryouts. Most high school teams do this all the time. players being evaluated and moved up to varsity or down to junior varsity. Not exactly something new....

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then that is not tryouts. Most high school teams do this all the time. players being evaluated and moved up to varsity or down to junior varsity. Not exactly something new....

we are both right, no one is getting cut but there will be some changes on the forward lines. The tryout is in camp between JV and Varsity.

yeahh..so i know this isn't ND but Fox News at 9 here in Fargo made a tiny mistake....as you know Rosseu (sp?) and Warroad are playing tonight and they said that it was 6-0...Warroad. Then they made the correction at the end saying that actually Rosseu was up 8-0. Just a little different because the teams are so equal hahahaha

I heard the same thing last night...never did hear the correction though.

There is always a tryout going on between Varsity and JV. At practice every day a coach can move a player between the two at his own will. A tryout is were you seperate players not just from JV/Varsity, but from the team as a whole. Maybe he set aside the practices to determine the differences between his players more, but I wouldn't consider it a tryout unless he's bringing new players in and kicking out some, which as I believe is not allowed during the season.

It seemed to me you know a lot about whats going on over at central. i was jw why they would have tryouts...

It is not a tryout just get that out of your minds. Bina is probably just trying to make his pratices more competitive by bring up JV players and maybe trying to scare some of the varsity players that their spot is a guarentee day in and day out. So by doing this he will get more out of his Varsity players. Thats what I think is most likely going on.

It seemed to me you know a lot about whats going on over at central. i was jw why they would have tryouts...

Okay, I am pretty sure we have gotten to the point that this is not "tryouts", it's called evaluating players and putting them in the right position. As another poster said, this happens all the time at other schools, and I assume happens at GFC more often than just this week. Why this has taken up a number of posts is not understandable....

Okay, I am pretty sure we have gotten to the point that this is not "tryouts", it's called evaluating players and putting them in the right position. As another poster said, this happens all the time at other schools, and I assume happens at GFC more often than just this week. Why this has taken up a number of posts is not understandable....

I know what they are; they were called tryouts by the coach, I heard this from someone I know close to the situation.

There is always a tryout going on between Varsity and JV. At practice every day a coach can move a player between the two at his own will. A tryout is were you seperate players not just from JV/Varsity, but from the team as a whole. Maybe he set aside the practices to determine the differences between his players more, but I wouldn't consider it a tryout unless he's bringing new players in and kicking out some, which as I believe is not allowed during the season.

I don't know many teams that do this with 3-4 games left in the season.

THAT RIOT WAS ASKING "Any truth to what?" Long after the answer was answered. i was jw why they would have tryouts... and no i dont think many coaches move around to many players this late in the game.

I don't know many teams that do this with 3-4 games left in the season.

All kinds of teams do this tryout business being talked about. Which by the way has been the topic of convo on here for way entirely too long. In high school, especially at the end of the year, once the JV season ends usually two or three kids will be asked to practice with the varsity team. Usually this consists of the top JV line or a top JV defenseman. Now, once these kids are up, every damn practice certainly does become a try-out. Most JV first lines equal the varsity's fourth line. Once these guys are practicing with varsity everyday the third line guys, and even some second line guys will feel the pressure because i can gurantee those fourth line guys would just love their spot in the Region and State tournaments. It's a concept of fighting for spots, but in reality it is a late season try-out. So Goon, yes, a lot of teams do this with 3-4 games left in the year.

All kinds of teams do this tryout business being talked about. Which by the way has been the topic of convo on here for way entirely too long. In high school, especially at the end of the year, once the JV season ends usually two or three kids will be asked to practice with the varsity team. Usually this consists of the top JV line or a top JV defenseman. Now, once these kids are up, every damn practice certainly does become a try-out. Most JV first lines equal the varsity's fourth line. Once these guys are practicing with varsity everyday the third line guys, and even some second line guys will feel the pressure because i can gurantee those fourth line guys would just love their spot in the Region and State tournaments. It's a concept of fighting for spots, but in reality it is a late season try-out. So Goon, yes, a lot of teams do this with 3-4 games left in the year.

Thanks. Pretty much my point. There are not a lot of Red River's out there that have their 3 lines and don't have to change them throughout the year.

I am pretty sure the shots were closer than that; I believe the numbers that were reported were not quite accurate. It was a crazy end for sure.

The paper has it listed as saves are 51 for Minot, and 6 for Grafton, that would actually put the shots at 55-9. Considering who they played, I would bet they are pretty close to correct.

The paper has it listed as saves are 51 for Minot, and 6 for Grafton, that would actually put the shots at 55-9. Considering who they played, I would bet they are pretty close to correct.

Those shots are correct. i was at the game and the first period grafton played like they wanted it but gave up in the second and beginning of the third but picked up the pace when they were down 3-2... the game winner i thought was kind of iffy on if it should have counted, because it was really close to when the clock ran out.

We will see how bad these teams, "Want It"

Sat. 9th:3:15 Grand Forks Red River at Grafton / Park River

There will be some Red River tailgating... for sure

Since it's going to be cold on Saturday, I think the party will be at the Extra End before & after the game.