SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should wait to see how these teams fare against Red River before we start making any real decisions about who will be contenders.

Soohockey get off your high horse. I've been meaning to ask you... Did you ever play varsity hockey or are you just a superfan?

Soohockey get off your high horse. I've been meaning to ask you... Did you ever play varsity hockey or are you just a superfan?

Oh, because I didn't play means I can't comment? My point was let's have all of the top four teams play each other before we start making assumptions as to who the best are. I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that the Riders are the current front-runners.

In fact, you could say that we have no idea how good the Riders are, and they may not even be in the top 4, since they haven't played any of the other top teams in the State. Really, I'm just using this as an example, because I'm sure RR will be the team to beat this year, but don't say a team is the front runner when you also say that you can't make assumptions if they haven't played the other teams, when the team hasn't played any of the other 'top runners' yet. :cool:

In fact, you could say that we have no idea how good the Riders are, and they may not even be in the top 4, since they haven't played any of the other top teams in the State. Really, I'm just using this as an example, because I'm sure RR will be the team to beat this year, but don't say a team is the front runner when you also say that you can't make assumptions if they haven't played the other teams, when the team hasn't played any of the other 'top runners' yet. :cool:

Good point. We should get a better understanding after this week.

Oh, because I didn't play means I can't comment? My point was let's have all of the top four teams play each other before we start making assumptions as to who the best are. I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that the Riders are the current front-runners.

No, you can comment. I was just curious. Is that a crime?

All of you should get off your high horse. It's not like GFRR is a God and it's not like there aren't several teams in the top 5-6 that can beat another if they aren't playing hard. (IE GFC vs South, DL lost to RR 2-1, GPR only beat Shanley 6-3... etc etc) I sense this season is going to get a lot more interesting as it progresses. This weekend should be just the same.

Keep it civil and let the kids play, I say.

In fact, you could say that we have no idea how good the Riders are, and they may not even be in the top 4, since they haven't played any of the other top teams in the State. Really, I'm just using this as an example, because I'm sure RR will be the team to beat this year, but don't say a team is the front runner when you also say that you can't make assumptions if they haven't played the other teams, when the team hasn't played any of the other 'top runners' yet. :D

Who are the other top runners? Cen-ral

So, does this mean you have SOLID evidence that he has been tested and was positive, or that you are ASSUMING that he is taking steriods. :glare:

...and................what.

I know Alex personally and know for a fact that he has not take steriods. He spends a couple of hours in the weight room each day and works hard at getting better. He wouldn't do something stupid like taking steroids.

Well, tonight's Roseau/GFC game was the first HS game i've gone to this year, and I was fairly impressed with Central, not so much Roseau despite the score. Roseau has one line, albeit a dominant one. Their Powerplay relies on interference that should get called. And if it wasn't for Spivey's lame call, the game could have ended much differently. Ness was OK, reminded me of Marto, only not quite as good. The thing that made me come here to post, was that I stayed long enough to see Red River take the ice for warmups...and I must say, I thought they had the ugliest uniforms ever before, but when I saw the stuff they were wearing tonight, i just sat there in awe. Those have got to be the ugliest things I have ever seen in my entire life in any sport...including the Vikings all purple debacle on monday night. The jersey itself is just plain contrived and boring, not to mention ugly and ill-concieved. And then to pair it with black helmets and all black pants and socks is just down-right horrific. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Bloomington Jefferson came out in their beautiful powder blues. When RR's nastiness was compared to the classic nature of Bloomington Jefferson, it just made them look that much worse...Nice job Red River, you have topped yourself once again...going from the ugliest uniform in the state to ugliest uniform in the history of the world...wow.

Thanks Torpedo for the fashion report, but how about a score for the Central/Roseau game.

I wasn't able to go to the games tonight ( :glare: ) but am looking for score updates for the 2 games.

Guess I can always wait for Pat Sweeney to tell me.

7-2 Roseau. game was tied 2-2 going into the third period. Aaron Ness 3 goals 2 assists.