SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you out there complaining about the officating in Grafton, Grand Forks officials no longer travel to Grafton to ref high school games. It is now all Fargo refs that travel to Grafton so you cannot say that Central was being homered by the refs.

They were that night. I heard the from someone the reffing wasn't that good when the Riders play there as well. Just what I heard.

So now you're saying they've replaced biased officiating with bad officiating? Nice. ;)

Even at the youth level (pre-HS) Fargo refs don't know how to put their whistles away. It's not so much that it's biased, they just think that every big hit must have been an elbow or charge. Grand Forks refs seem to let things go more.

Even at the youth level (pre-HS) Fargo refs don't know how to put their whistles away. It's not so much that it's biased, they just think that every big hit must have been an elbow or charge. Grand Forks refs seem to let things go more.

I think the refs that ref during the games in grand forks are pretty good.

I was at the South vs rr game tonight at the Colliseum. It was tied 2-2 going into the 3rd with red river scoring at the 10 min mark if i remember right. riders ended up winning 4-2 but there was more to this game than the score. It showed that rr isn't invincible and can be beaten by a team other than Roseau....don't give the title to the riders just yet,

I was at the South vs rr game tonight at the Colliseum. It was tied 2-2 going into the 3rd with red river scoring at the 10 min mark if i remember right. riders ended up winning 4-2 but there was more to this game than the score. It showed that rr isn't invincible and can be beaten by a team other than Roseau....don't give the title to the riders just yet,

180 posts from an NDSU fan on a Sioux fan site. And #180 is in regards to HS hockey? Tool. :glare:

I believe the score was 5-2 and south was outplayed most of the game....so you better check your facts and rethink before you type anything again

come on doc, noone wants to cloud this topic with facts. didn't you know that rr will go undefeated to their title this year and every other nd team is a disgrace :glare: rr IS the best team in the state this year, but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable. Malm's comments are very similar to the sentiments of the Roseau coach after they edged out rr in overtime. on most days, Roseau is better than RR, but RR outplayed them and lost in overtime. sounds very similar to the south game, very competitive but south still ended up on the losing side. it will take a hell of a game by the opposition, but believe it or not, there are teams in ND that can beat rr.

come on doc, noone wants to cloud this topic with facts. didn't you know that rr will go undefeated to their title this year and every other nd team is a disgrace :glare: rr IS the best team in the state this year, but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable. Malm's comments are very similar to the sentiments of the Roseau coach after they edged out rr in overtime. on most days, Roseau is better than RR, but RR outplayed them and lost in overtime. sounds very similar to the south game, very competitive but south still ended up on the losing side. it will take a hell of a game by the opposition, but believe it or not, there are teams in ND that can beat rr.

Red River is closer in skill to Roseau than South is to Red River

Red River is closer in skill to Roseau than South is to Red River

Soohockey, it's very difficult to see your bias towards Red River, but I may have seen some in your posts. :glare:

Do I think Red River will take state this year? Likely. Does that mean they will? No. RR has the most skill, but there are teams that can knock them off when they work hard. I think Nodak hit the nail on the head with that one.

Anyways, coming from the NorthDakotaPreps.com site: http://northdakotapreps.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4270

Girls Championship Game - 11:30 am (Ralph Engelstad Arena)

Bemidji State at UND Fighting Sioux Game - 3:35 pm (Ralph Engelstad Arena)

Boys Championship Game - 8:00 pm (Ralph Engelstad Arena)

I don't like that the 3rd place Boys' game is in the Pur Pur, but putting the Boys' State title game after a Sioux game actually sounds like a good idea. It'd increase turnout for the tournament game and I think it'd be a boost to the state's high school hockey. (Though there is a 1-2 hour gap between) Any thoughts?

RR is easily the best team in NoDak, they can give any MN team all they want and could have/should have beaten two of their best teams. But all it takes is a hot goalie on a bad team to give you a loss.

i agree for the most part, but would substitute "bad team" for at least "average team". a great team against a bad team will win against most if not all odds, however an inferior but solid team can definitely ride a hot goalie to victory. case and point... last years first round game in the state tourney against williston... rr didn't even have a lead until five minutes left in the game, and barely got the victory. williston rode a hot goalie and a physical gameplan that almost won them the game. this was the #1 team in the state against the #4 seed from the west. rr has been the cream of the crop the past few years (and many others in the history of nd hs hockey), but hockey statewide is getting better, and that is a good thing. i know alot of you here are current or recent hs alum and have on the "insert hs name/color" glasses on and only have the foresight or energy to root for your team, and that is fine. but we should all support the advancement of nd hs hockey. it is good for our state and our teams we cheer for, whoever that may be. it wasn't too long ago that a nd team taking the top mn team to overtime (and should have beat them) would never have happened. i think it is great what rr is doing this season and wish them the best, but don't give them the trophy yet, let them earn it.

come on doc, noone wants to cloud this topic with facts. didn't you know that rr will go undefeated to their title this year and every other nd team is a disgrace :D rr IS the best team in the state this year, but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable. Malm's comments are very similar to the sentiments of the Roseau coach after they edged out rr in overtime. on most days, Roseau is better than RR, but RR outplayed them and lost in overtime. sounds very similar to the south game, very competitive but south still ended up on the losing side. it will take a hell of a game by the opposition, but believe it or not, there are teams in ND that can beat rr.

The only team in North Dakota that should beat RR is the Sioux....anyone else, the riders should start the game down 3 just to make it fair

The only team in North Dakota that should beat RR is the Sioux....anyone else, the riders should start the game down 3 just to make it fair

If that was the case then G-PR would've beat them in GF this season

DL would've beat them

South would've beat them, and tied them

West Fargo would've tied them as well!

We will see come tournament time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the Jets and Bobcats, they might beat them. I heard the Bun Lounge has a pretty good Mens league team to. Bottineau might put up a fight too. So no, not just the Sioux.

Posts like that are why I dislike a lot of forumers in genre-based forums. :D

Was kinda ignored, but I'll reiterate here:

Anyways, coming from the NorthDakotaPreps.com site: http://northdakotapreps.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4270

Girls Championship Game - 11:30 am (Ralph Engelstad Arena)

Bemidji State at UND Fighting Sioux Game - 3:35 pm (Ralph Engelstad Arena)

Boys Championship Game - 8:00 pm (Ralph Engelstad Arena)

Thoughts?

I believe the score was 5-2 and south was outplayed most of the game....so you better check your facts and rethink before you type anything again

8 or so minutes into the 3rd is when rr scored. One goal was on an empty net. the other was of course legit. Were you at the game? Did you see them play or just the highlights on the news? RR is the best team in ND, maybe MN...but that doesn't mean that they can't be beat.

Our goalie that game was a SOPHMORE starting his 3rd game this season....and trust me, south may not get it this year, but next year and that year after SOUTH will be the dominant team in ND. Our sophmore class this year is VERY good, have been playing since grade school and give them a year full in the gym and it will be very fun to see them every home game at the colliseum.

btw, RR as a school is overrated. Hockey and Tennis...congrats....and even the tennis team isn't a clear shot at winning state next year