SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

Unless South gets better by years end....which is entirely possible.... they're in trouble...big trouble.

Aren't they already?

12/11/07 Grafton / Park River L: 3 - 4 Drew Kelly 36

[2 - 2 - 0] Whoops

12/15/07 at Grand Forks Central L: 3 - 4 Drew Kelly 23

[2 - 3 - 0] Bad

12/20/07 Moorhead L: 0 - 7 Drew Kelly 26

[2 - 4 - 0] Very Bad

12/21/07 Bismarck High L: 4 - 6 Drew Kelly 27

[2 - 5 - 0] Bad

12/27/07 at Hastings W: 4 - 1 Drew Kelly 28

[3 - 5 - 0] Better

12/28/07 Buffalo T: 1 - 1 Drew Kelly 19

[3 - 5 - 1] Good

12/29/07 Rochester Century W: 5 - 3 Drew Kelly 25

[4 - 5 - 1] Even Better

As far as I know, they're getting much better than they were 2-3 weeks ago. They outshot Buffalo bigtime, and as far as I heard, they were dominating that game pretty badly, and lost in a shootout to them, who eventually won the tournament over a good Mayo team, even with really biased refs (Link to Mayo/Buffalo game comments). Then beating Century after being down 3-1 after the first is pretty good also.

However, their real test is less than a week away, I suppose.

Tues. 8th: Fargo South at Grand Forks Red River 7:30 pm

(NDHighSchoolHockey.com for the info)

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering the wild are apart of MSE the wild ticket holders get first dibs i know that. and if they have plenty of tickets to go around why does the AA championship game sell out?

Ok, You're right the game is already sold out!! You are right about this one. No one can get tickets the day of the championship. The people like me that stood in line right before the championship game are fictional characters that just didn't exist.

Ok, You're right the game is already sold out!! You are right about this one. No one can get tickets the day of the championship. The people like me that stood in line right before the championship game are fictional characters that just didn't exist.

Fictional components always mess stories up when truth is broughten into them. Damned non-fictional world!

Well the first one was certainly not questionable...Galbreath got crosschecked and ran off of a faceoff and the kid knew it as soon as he did it. Not the refs or Red River's fault that Grafton had no discipline.

Red River was all over GPR in the first, jumpin to a 3-1 lead.

Second period was all GPR from the ten minute mark on. They scored then RR let it snowball on em and Grafton took full advantage.

Third Period RR played very well and controlled zone play. Galbreath and Ladoucer logged tons of ice time and did their job.

Grafton is quick but has one line. That could hurt them. Red River got production from other lines than their top one tonight which will be huge. Depth in the state tournament will win them games. Arnason needs to get better. He generally plays pretty well, but tonight there were a few bounces that got the best of him. He needs to make the saves he's supposed to then once in a while make one he shouldnt

The other night I went up to Grafton, with a friend of mine that I go to college with at UND (he's a former Grafton grad. and hockey player). He wanted to catch the Riders and Spoilers duke it out, so I decided to go with, why the hell not.

I was disappointed in two different things. #1 the outcome- you gotta love it when your old rivals (Riders) lose. #2 the play of Arnason- I was not impressed at all by his play that night. When I heard he let in 2 goals against Wahpeton the first game of the season I thought that was just some huge fluke, but after seeing the Spoiler game the other night I can see where that could happen...

I'm hoping to make it to the RR v. South game tonight (pending on if I get my ass going on my Calc. homework). Is there anyway that both teams could lose tonight? :D

The other night I went up to Grafton, with a friend of mine that I go to college with at UND (he's a former Grafton grad. and hockey player). He wanted to catch the Riders and Spoilers duke it out, so I decided to go with, why the hell not.

I was disappointed in two different things. #1 the outcome- you gotta love it when your old rivals (Riders) lose. #2 the play of Arnason- I was not impressed at all by his play that night. When I heard he let in 2 goals against Wahpeton the first game of the season I thought that was just some huge fluke, but after seeing the Spoiler game the other night I can see where that could happen...

I'm hoping to make it to the RR v. South game tonight (pending on if I get my ass going on my Calc. homework). Is there anyway that both teams could lose tonight? :D

You went up to Grafton? What game did you catch there because Red River and Grafton played in Grand Forks.

I went to the game last year in Grafton. If anything thats preferential reafing.

both of those calls were obvious penalties. the stripes intown are pretty good

I am thinking there is something to that statement. I went to the game last night in Grafton the reffing was horrible. I told my buddy that the Knights got homered by the Refs last night. The Refs were worse than WCHA officials. There were a couple of obvious calls right in front of the refs that were not made.

I thought it was a known fact that if you get out of G-PR's rink with less than 10 penalties, the refs missed their last payday.

;)

There seems to be a theme that its a given that GF Central is going to get homered when ever they go to Grafton's Rink? I heard it from a lot of the Grand Forks Fans last night at the rink. Is there a history there going back many years? I haven't watched HS hockey in ND long enough to know.

I am thinking there is something to that statement. I went to the game last night in Grafton the reffing was horrible. I told my buddy that the Knights got homered by the Refs last night. The Refs were worse than WCHA officials. There were a couple of obvious calls right in front of the refs that were not made.

I would sure hope the WCHA referees are better than the ones doing high school hockey games.

What?

I would sure hope the WCHA referees are better than the ones doing high school hockey games.

I don't know there were some really bad calls last night in the game. Almost to the point of being really silly.

Lets just say Grafton should have gotten so many powe plays.

I don't know there were some really bad calls last night in the game. Almost to the point of being really silly.

Lets just say Grafton should have gotten so many powe plays.

For all of you out there complaining about the officating in Grafton, Grand Forks officials no longer travel to Grafton to ref high school games. It is now all Fargo refs that travel to Grafton so you cannot say that Central was being homered by the refs.