SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 or so minutes into the 3rd is when rr scored. One goal was on an empty net. the other was of course legit. Were you at the game? Did you see them play or just the highlights on the news? RR is the best team in ND, maybe MN...but that doesn't mean that they can't be beat.

Our goalie that game was a SOPHMORE starting his 3rd game this season....and trust me, south may not get it this year, but next year and that year after SOUTH will be the dominant team in ND. Our sophmore class this year is VERY good, have been playing since grade school and give them a year full in the gym and it will be very fun to see them every home game at the colliseum.

btw, RR as a school is overrated. Hockey and Tennis...congrats....and even the tennis team isn't a clear shot at winning state next year

This post is brutal.

On a side note:

North might be the worst team in the history of North Dakota High School Hockey. Wahpeton has a legit shot at these guy if they get them in the play in game. I've seen peewee B teams that could beat these guys.

8 or so minutes into the 3rd is when rr scored. One goal was on an empty net. the other was of course legit. Were you at the game? Did you see them play or just the highlights on the news? RR is the best team in ND, maybe MN...but that doesn't mean that they can't be beat.

Our goalie that game was a SOPHMORE starting his 3rd game this season....and trust me, south may not get it this year, but next year and that year after SOUTH will be the dominant team in ND. Our sophmore class this year is VERY good, have been playing since grade school and give them a year full in the gym and it will be very fun to see them every home game at the colliseum.

btw, RR as a school is overrated. Hockey and Tennis...congrats....and even the tennis team isn't a clear shot at winning state next year

Central will be the team to beat for the next couple of years. They graduate a few kids but not many are impact players. I look for them to have a very good season next year.

First of all, South will be the dominant team? What about Grafton and their very talented junior class? South has a VERY good class of sophmores? Why is it that they have combined for apprx 16 pts on the season? Must be VERY good. Red River as a school is overrated? Please elaborate. If they dont win state tennis this year, i guess nine state titles in a row is'nt good.....ooo wait. But hey, overall great post.

This post is brutal.

On a side note:

North might be the worst team in the history of North Dakota High School Hockey. Wahpeton has a legit shot at these guy if they get them in the play in game. I've seen peewee B teams that could beat these guys.

Worst team in history? That may be pushin it. And a peewee B team could beat them, doubt that.

First of all, South will be the dominant team? What about Grafton and their very talented junior class? South has a VERY good class of sophmores? Why is it that they have combined for apprx 16 pts on the season? Must be VERY good. Red River as a school is overrated? Please elaborate. If they dont win state tennis this year, i guess nine state titles in a row is'nt good.....ooo wait. But hey, overall great post.

Football? Volleyball? Track? Golf? Basketball? X-Country? As a whole, RR clearly has 2 sports to go by..tennis and hockey.

*I should have said RR ATHLETICS as a whole. Thats my bad

I think most of the posts in this forum are brutal, but that's besides the point. :D

Grafton @ South 1/24/08

GFRR @ Grafton 2/09/08

Games to look forward to before state.

Should be an entertaining game tomorrow, and can't wait to watch two quality teams.

and not to post 3 straight times i'll reply to the sophmore class for South. What i was getting at was that our sophs now are, well, "Soft". meaning that they aren't as big and bulky as the players above them. Josh Hooey and Scotty Bucholtz are soph starting for south this year and they haven't even been starting the entire year. It will be interesting to see if Wilson puts Scotty in goal against Grafton tomorrow night.

Should be an entertaining game tomorrow, and can't wait to watch two quality teams.

and not to post 3 straight times i'll reply to the sophmore class for South. What i was getting at was that our sophs now are, well, "Soft". meaning that they aren't as big and bulky as the players above them. Josh Hooey and Scotty Bucholtz are soph starting for south this year and they haven't even been starting the entire year. It will be interesting to see if Wilson puts Scotty in goal against Grafton tomorrow night.

Well you went overboard by saying they are VERY good. 16 points is not good...at all. Also, you said they have played since grade school, almost all, if not all have played since grade school.. Bad point. Football is bad, volleyball has won state within 6 or 7 yrs, so thats average. Track competes, golf had the runner up last year in state. My bad on the track comment, track and CC are not sports. Its running, you do not have to be a good athlete to be a good runner.

If that was the case then G-PR would've beat them in GF this season

DL would've beat them

South would've beat them, and tied them

West Fargo would've tied them as well!

We will see come tournament time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come tournament time RR won't be touched.

And I have a question for HockeyHigh why do you have to be bashing RR all the time. Just because your a South fan and RR is better at hockey doesn't mean you have to be knocking them all the time. On the MinnHock website I saw you pop up and post some dumb remark on the Roseau/RR game and just laughed. Where you at that game? RR didn't choke they got robbed by a terrible call.

And I have a question for HockeyHigh why do you have to be bashing RR all the time. Just because your a South fan and RR is better at hockey doesn't mean you have to be knocking them all the time. On the MinnHock website I saw you pop up and post some dumb remark on the Roseau/RR game and just laughed. Where you at that game? RR didn't choke they got robbed by a terrible call.

This is true, south did not play to their caliber tonight. Seemed to be a lot of power plays for grafton as well with south having 2 guys in the box a couple times...

Oh, and thank you, forgot about Wrestling and Soccer as well....

This is true, south did not play to their caliber tonight. Seemed to be a lot of power plays for grafton as well with south having 2 guys in the box a couple times...

Oh, and thank you, forgot about Wrestling and Soccer as well....

Yeah, but the first period, which was about even, G-PR spent alot of time in the box!

I went to the RR-Central game tonight and saw absolute domination by the Riders. The Knights really weren't in the game at any point but that didn't stop them from playing dirty. I was embarrassed to see Central play that way and a little disappointed to see the Riders retaliate. I can't blame RR, however, as their players kept their cool for the majority of the game and stayed that way until Central players decided to start fighting at the very end. It was pretty obvious that they instigated all of this, as there were numerous times after whistles when their players started shoving and RR players just skated away, deciding that winning 7-1 was retaliation enough.

I guess there's no one to blame for Central's behavior but their coach, Bina. As anyone who follows area hockey knows, his teams have been notoriously dirty and it seems that he either seems to not care about or doesn't have enough control over his players to stop it. Its sad to see how far that program has fallen.

I went to the RR-Central game tonight and saw absolute domination by the Riders. The Knights really weren't in the game at any point but that didn't stop them from playing dirty. I was embarrassed to see Central play that way and a little disappointed to see the Riders retaliate. I can't blame RR, however, as their players kept their cool for the majority of the game and stayed that way until Central players decided to start fighting at the very end. It was pretty obvious that they instigated all of this, as there were numerous times after whistles when their players started shoving and RR players just skated away, deciding that winning 7-1 was retaliation enough.

I guess there's no one to blame for Central's behavior but their coach, Bina. As anyone who follows area hockey knows, his teams have been notoriously dirty and it seems that he either seems to not care about or doesn't have enough control over his players to stop it. Its sad to see how far that program has fallen.

They have also been notorious for overachieving. His past 3 teams have probably had less talent than West fargo and yet they have been somewhat dangerous. A couple of 3rds and one flame out but that team probably had comparable talent to a Whap or Shanley so you can't fault him for that.

You assume I'm a South fan? Alright. Because I don't support your favorite team like everyone else here worships RR I must be a fan of the team I think can beat them? I live in Fargo, but here's a big surprise, I was born and raised in GF! If I seem to talk a lot more about the Fargo metro teams, it's because I have a better opportunity to see their games in person than I do GF games, which I do on occasion go up to see. Oh, and I don't live in south Fargo. That must be difficult to grasp. :D I know you are bitter that there is hockey outside of Grand Forks in ND, but you don't have to hound me down in several different threads and try to attack me over it. I did make a remark on the Minnhock forums about that game. I wasn't at the game, but I was listening to the entire game on an internet feed. RR missed their chances, let Roseau stay in it, and in the end let a bad call have them tie/lose a game with ~24 second left. I call it 'choking', just like when the South team 'choked' at state just a few years back and lost in the 3rd.

Don't be so offended by someone posting something you don't like. :silly:

Anyways, GPR beat South 2-0, so GPR is locked in #1-2 and South is at highest #3 if they win-out. As long as RR beats GPR, they are locked up as #1 if they win-out. EDC looks like it's getting set up now with only a couple of weeks to go.

HockeyHigh, I have a question for you. How big of a dumbass are you? You think that Bina has something to do with the dmbasses that he has to deal with as a coach. He is the Central coach...which is a bunch of dumb ass kids that didn't make the football team that want to try and make a name for themselves which wont happen ever. And that is not because of coach Bina.

Central is a mess right now, I blame no one but the coach. There are a lot of parents not happy with what is going on I can tell you that, there is a constant stream of parent in and out of the athletic directors office. Look for some changes in the spring.

I WISH I COULDVE BEEN THEIR. o boy heard i missed a heck of a fight.

I'm guessing you're talking about the RR game? Because during the Grafton/South game Ian Powers for South was about to just rock a grafton player to his ass but the refs moved him away in time to stop it.