SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Poster Scam History

BismarckFan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why haven't I received any posters other than the infamous NDSU poster last year?

Or were posters made of Bismarkfan getting scammed every year? I'm guessing if you don't drink three gallons of green beer, don't make eye contact with any Xcel employees (the most sinister type of Gopher fan), you can get through the weekend without getting scammed this year!

A warning concerning the Final Five Poster Scam was recently offered; the responses revealed considerable ignorance concerning its history,which must set straight, as follows:

1. The scam has appeared more than once since 1996; I have the posters to prove so.

2. The Gophers were not, in every case, in first place after the regular season; again, I have the posters to prove so.

3. The Gophers always play in the night game for perfectly logical financial reasons; maximizing revenues is good buisiness practice.

4. It is most likely that the WCHA has never had anything to do with the scam.

5. It is also most likely that neither Red Baron nor Xcel management/staff has ever had anything to do with the scam.

6. It is a fact that one or more of the printer's employees, as well as many of those folks that distributed the poster within the Xcel (on more than one occasion) were involved with the scam. We can only surmise that they were Gopher fans; though probably not Gopher alumni because the vast majority of college educated folks wouldn't be ignorant or thoughtless enough to think making fun of others is a "good or fun" thing to do.

7. Special recognition to Ski-U-Mah for the comment to the original thread that revealed the most ignorance.

Lastly, it is extremely unlikely that the scam would repeat itself this year as it's history reveals about an every-fifth-year frequency. Sioux fans, however, should be aware that the "big city snobs" that instigated the scam in the past may be resourceful and invent varitions reflecting their need to belittle others. So be on the alert for such "put-downs" and respond accordingly (directly and with passion, but peacefully, without violence).

FOR THOSE OF YOU UNFAMILIAR WITH THE ORIGINAL THREAD, IT IS REPEATED BELOW:

In the past a free poster has been handed out at the entrances to the Xcel Energy Center featuring the WCHA teams participating in the Final Five. The most recent poster scams have exhibited the following flaws:

1. The University of Minnesota team is shown on the top center of the poster as if it held a "most favorable" standing among the five teams.

2. The background colors on the poster are predominately the University of Minnesota school colors.

3. Our team is mis-identified as representing "North Dakota State University".

4. Upon receiving the poster, many UND fans were also told by the people distributing the posters that they could get the poster autographed at a fictitious room location.

In short, the poster scam reflects a need by the "big city snobs" to demonstrate their intellectual superiority by ridiculing those of us from North Dakota that have come to the Final Five to support our team, our state, and the high quality of hockey to be found in the WCHA.

May I offer the following suggestion concerning the possibility of the scam resurrecting itself once again at one or more locations prior to or following one of the five hockey games at the Xcel:

1. First, look carefully at the poster to check to see if one or more of the above flaws are evident.

2. Then, if so, immediately crumple the poster in your hands and drop it onto the floor of the Xcel!

3. Even if the poster is unbiased, you may wish to consider past transgressions and simply crumple and drop it for good measure!

4. Perhaps carpeting the interior of the Xcel with crumpled posters will send a message that the snobs can understand...

I will not be responding to any hits on this thread; I've said all that needs to be said; now its up to all of us to respond appropriately when we are ridiculed.

Fighting Sioux Hockey - a tradition of good sportsmanship!

Don't give the custodians the extra work. It isn't their fault.

All these great conspiracies that Gophers are involved in and the best Sagard can do is call the UND coaches show and try to get Hak to comment on recruits.

Insert "shaking head" smiley here

How can you not give me credit for arranging payment to WCHA officiating crews and my most sinister of all... I convinced Ralph it was a great idea to have explosives distributed throughout REA in case the powers that be chose to change the name. :silly:

Indeed.

(Kenny is a character from the show "South Park". In many, many episodes, he is killed in some freakishly funny way. Afterwards, his friends Stan and Kyle say:)

Stan: "Oh my God! They killed Kenny!"

Kyle: "You Bastards!"

(And in some episodes rats, that look a little too much like Goldie to my eyes, run in and start devouring the body. Slap Shot is surely behind all of it, and the posters too. And he's behind that Roswell, NM, thing too.)

Indeed.

(Kenny is a character from the show "South Park". In every episode, he is killed in some freakishly funny way. Afterwards, his friends Stan and Kyle say:)

Actually, he survived the xmas episode that was on last night.

I knew that. I fixed it. (See what happens when you copy/paste from another site too quickly.)

I thought there might have been another one or two, but I just happened to catch the ending of that episode last night.

Congratulations Bismarck Fan, you posted something that brings fans of all teams together. In a related note my wife is from Bismarck and I am now second guessing my marriage... :lol:

(Yes, I'm aware she probably has been for years...) :silly:

Did the "tainted" poster affect the outcome of the game/tourney? Were there any animals harmed during the making of the poster? Did the poster cause more than a handful of thin-skinned fans to lose sleep? If not, them this is the dumbest thread ever. Sorry for the insensitive tone but c'mon........could we be more petty about s&!t?

Sorry Triouxper. Forgot the smilie. I meant it as a joke. I agree with you.

I was doing that as a jest. Obviously, you didn't click the link.

Maybe it would have been better to post a familiar image to BIsmarckfan?

Such as this:

crybaby.jpg

How can you not give me credit for arranging payment to WCHA officiating crews and my most sinister of all... I convinced Ralph it was a great idea to have explosives distributed throughout REA in case the powers that be chose to change the name. :silly:

I don't know how I overlooked that...