SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

i think hrisch was a HUGE loss for the gophs, and i think the gopher faithful will agree, he was their top scorer i believe if not top 2 and a huge difference maker. and yes okposo and barribals numbers have taken a dip down.

Anyone that doesn't think losing Hirsch is that big of a deal is delusional.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that doesn't think losing Hirsch is that big of a deal is delusional.

Of course, Hirsch was delusional too (i.e. ah la scoring and tackling the goal to "exercise the demons" after a game last year).

Seriously, Hirsch was a big loss, but Lucia has not done a good job of keeping his "stars" either grounded and/or happy.

When UND had the players thay had in about 1997 - 2000, you NEVER heard any player talk about "touches" or "line pairings" or "ice time."

Every person did everything they could for every moment they were on the ice - even when losing - and were happy just to be a part of the team (yes, even Jason Blake).

This year is the first time in a long time we have gotten back to that feel. When we had Bo and Parise and Sparky and Zajac, we were "good" on potential, but average on chemistry. THIS team has chemistry and - above all else - selflessness, which is what Minnesota is missing and will continue to miss unless/until Lucia-pet remembers that players win games and shine. but teams win Championships and sustain. End of rant right now.

Of course, Hirsch was delusional too (i.e. ah la scoring and tackling the goal to "exercise the demons" after a game last year).

Seriously, Hirsch was a big loss, but Lucia has not done a good job of keeping his "stars" either grounded and/or happy.

When UND had the players thay had in about 1997 - 2000, you NEVER heard any player talk about "touches" or "line pairings" or "ice time."

Every person did everything they could for every moment they were on the ice - even when losing - and were happy just to be a part of the team (yes, even Jason Blake).

This year is the first time in a long time we have gotten back to that feel. When we had Bo and Parise and Sparky and Zajac, we were "good" on potential, but average on chemistry. THIS team has chemistry and - above all else - selflessness, which is what Minnesota is missing and will continue to miss unless/until Lucia-pet remembers that players win games and shine. but teams win Championships and sustain. End of rant right now.

I think that is a good point, to be a winner and take a championship everone has to buy into the system. Dave seems to be getting them close to that.

Ten things to watch for - Game 1:

1) Tempo. Mankato doesn't have the wheels to keep up with us.

2) Taking the body. When we're into it, we're taking the body, finishing checks, slowing down the opponent and forcing mistakes.

3) The Porter - Vande Velde chemistry. They seem to be clicking lately; if VV can keep up with CP's awesome skating they'll be hard to contain. I'm optimistic they get some points.

4) The Bina three-hopper. Will he unleash it on Mankato goalies? or save it for Frazee at the Final Five?

5) Will the warm weather mess up the ice at the Ralph?

6) Will the Sioux have all dyed their hair green? (OK, I know the answer to that one.)

7) Who gets sent out to contain the Morin line, their primary scoring threat 5x5? Fabian/Kaip/Kozek?

8) If we get up on Mankato early, how will both teams react?

9) How will the Sioux react when Mankato runs Lammy, which happens every time we play them?

10) Which gets the louder cheer - UAA over MN? Sioux WBB over Moorhead?

2) Taking the body. When we're into it, we're taking the body, finishing checks, slowing down the opponent and forcing mistakes.

3) The Porter - Vande Velde chemistry. They seem to be clicking lately; if VV can keep up with CP's awesome skating they'll be hard to contain. I'm optimistic they get some points.

4) The Bina three-hopper. Will he unleash it on Mankato goalies? or save it for Frazee at the Final Five?

6) Will the Sioux have all dyed their hair green? (OK, I know the answer to that one.)

7) Who gets sent out to contain the Morin line, their primary scoring threat 5x5? Fabian/Kaip/Kozek?

9) How will the Sioux react when Mankato runs Lammy, which happens every time we play them?

My question, that goes with your #9.

How long till the Mavs look for a fight, to get some game DQ's for Saturday night? Will our guys take the bait?

2a) How many penalties will be called on us because the MSUM player is able to convince the WCHA official that a good hard check was against the rules?

sidcastNew.source.jpg

Grandpa Sid

Here is a quote from the GF Herald today about North Dakota vs. Minnesota college hockey this season:

The Sioux have a combined 10-0-4 record against Minnesota (2-0-0), Bemidji State (2-0-0), Mankato (3-0-1), St. Cloud State (2-0-2) and Minnesota-Duluth (1-0-1).

Wasn't sure where to post this pic, but I find it hillarious! I wonder what Sid would say about this regular season feat? Of course it means nothing if the Sioux don't go far into the playoffs.

It's gameday baby! GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what Sid would say about this regular season feat?

If either UND or SCSU wins the Final Five, you can probably expect to hear him complain about the big advantage that DII schools have over DI schools. :D

From the Winnipeg Free Press:

City's Zajac, Sioux poised for playoffs

If momentum is worth anything, then the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux and freshman forward Darcy Zajac are a perfect match.

Zajac, the 20-year-old former West Kildonan Collegiate student, spent some time earlier this NCAA season trying to find his most effective form. And just like his Fighting Sioux, he seems to have found it as the playoffs approach.

My question, that goes with your #9.

How long till the Mavs look for a fight, to get some game DQ's for Saturday night? Will our guys take the bait?

I will be looking for Radke to answer the bell tonight to squash any ideas the Mavs players may have about trying to draw more fighting majors on the Sioux. :)

Radke doesn't have a fighting major yet this year as far as I can recall. If he does, then scratch this whole post as it won't be happening. :0

I will be looking for Radke to answer the bell tonight to squash any ideas the Mavs players may have about trying to draw more fighting majors on the Sioux. :)

Radke doesn't have a fighting major yet this year as far as I can recall. If he does, then scratch this whole post as it won't be happening. :0

He does not. Ding Ding Ding

He does lead the league in his helment coming off though.

He does lead the league in his helment coming off though.

Interesting stuff from Radke: :D

"I wouldn't say we have unfinished business against them," Radke said, "but they took some liberties on some of our guys and it would be nice to beat them on the scoreboard in our own rink.

"I'd love to end a few of those guys' NCAA careers this weekend."

Link