SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Playoffs

Smoggy

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 UAA @ 1 UMTC - UMTC in two. I really want to say three, but UAA has had a week off and UMTC is going to be working there asses off according to Lucia.

9 UMD @ 2 SCSU - SCSU in two. This will be an ugly couple games. UMD's defense has been playing very well and is playing very boring.

8 MSUM @ 3 UND - UND in three. Slugfest. High scoring, high intensity, and high emotions. Making sure to not be suckered into scrums will be key.

7 UW @ 4 DU - This is the toss up series. Both teams need to win to get to the tourney and neither has been playing very well offensively. In fact it's been putrid. Somehow, someway I'm going with UW in three as Mannino has been hit up pretty good his last couple.

6 MTU @ 5 CC - MTU in three. If CC would've swept I'd go with them, but this tie has to hurt and they got swept the two previous series. Tech has been pretty darn consistent and plays pretty good defense.

UMTC in 2

SCSU in 3 (Yeah, I think UMD is going to take the first game, Motzko will crap his pants and Goephert will shut the Dogs down for the season after that)

UND in 3 (I think MSUM will take the first game, get a false sense of security, and then get outscored 14-3 the remaining two games. Morin and Tormey will be the only two players for MSUM who show up for this series)

UW in 3 (UW-DU-UW is how it will go. UW wins because UW will bore the DU players to sleep in the first game, DU will wake up the second, and then fall unconscious by boredom and fatigue from trying to stay awake long enough to win in Game 2)

MTU in 3 (CC takes game 1 and then runs out of gas. I actually think an MTU victory here might hurt the Sioux unless a CC victory doesn't knock MTU out of the top 25. If it doesn't, then it's a wash. UND has at least one full scoring line. CC has one scorer...period).

they will make it - but why should we care - except for the fact that they get to play at home as always - which they rigorously deny of course - but who cares, right?

Well, it is that time of year for Final 5/St. Paul/Gopher advantage talk again isn't it? :lol:

My predictions for what it's worth . . .

UM in two

SCSU in two

UND in two

Sconny in three

CC in three (unless their newspaper prints a story about Tech still being the doormat in the WCHA - then Tech in three)

Ok, here is what I sincerely HOPE happens:

UAA takes MN to 3 games, due to a Saturday night let-down. Games 1 and 3 are blowouts by the Gophs.

UMD takes SCSU to 3 games, but Bobby G. pulls the huskies thru.

UND takes 2 games to send Mankato to the golf course for the spring.

UW beats DU in 2, Elliot only gives up 1 goal, somehow, UW scores 2 goals in each game. :lol:

MTU takes CC in 3, they are just working too darn hard to be denied a trip to St. Paul.

Ok, here is what I sincerely HOPE happens:

UAA takes MN to 3 games, due to a Saturday night let-down. Games 1 and 3 are blowouts by the Gophs.

UMD takes SCSU to 3 games, but Bobby G. pulls the huskies thru.

UND takes 2 games to send Mankato to the golf course for the spring.

UW beats DU in 2, Elliot only gives up 1 goal, somehow, UW scores 2 goals in each game. :lol:

MTU takes CC in 3, they are just working too darn hard to be denied a trip to St. Paul.

Why wouldn't you wish UW/DU goes 3 games too, to give everyone but us one more game to play, making us more rested before the F5? That game has high potential to go 3 games too, as I think DU can still at least one. Okay, me personally, I think DU will win 2, but Elliott will be the key factor for the Badgers. Well, that and their offense that may or may not show.

Looks like I'm going to have to go along with Goon here: I see Wisconsin and Tech pulling "upsets"; top three seeds win easily. It would be nice to see Tech at the X this year instead of just their band.

Looks like I'm going to have to go along with Goon here: I see Wisconsin and Tech pulling "upsets"; top three seeds win easily. It would be nice to see Tech at the X this year instead of just their band.

The UW series, in my mind will be the hardest fought. Both teams employ a trap style defensive structure. Both have good goaltending (though I'd give the edge to UW). The thing is that I think DU has more players who can score and, still, an effective power play.

So I'd put it down to:

Goaltending: UW

Defense: Push

Offense: DU

PK: Push

PP: DU

Coaching: UW (I don't like UW's playing style but I respect Eaves more than Gwozdecky despite Gwoz having 1 more NC than Eaves)

they will make it - but why should we care - except for the fact that they get to play at home as always - which they rigorously deny of course - but who cares, right?

Come on, it's definitely a road game for UMTC. It would be like UND having to travel to an arena more than a mile west of the Grand Forks International Airport to play a game. ;) That has to be hard on the team to make that trip every year. :lol:

This is the best time of the year the playoffs. NCAA and the NHL. I have three more days then I am on vacation for the next 12 days. Off to Vegas then the Final Five. The Final Five is like Church. I am just hoping UND can put the Mav's away in 2 games so they can rest on Sunday and get ready for the Final Five. If Wisconsin makes it and I think they have a good chance of doing that, I just hope this year their band does not sit behind us.

Come on, it's definitely a road game for UMTC. It would be like UND having to travel to an arena more than a mile west of the Grand Forks International Airport to play a game. ;) That has to be hard on the team to make that trip every year. ;)

That is funny. Anyone that says the X-Cel Energy center isn't a home game for the Goofers is dislussional.

Now I expect Bucky Sieve to come on here and tell us other wise, its definately their turf. It was almost like the 2002 NCAA tourney not being home game either. :lol:

Why wouldn't you wish UW/DU goes 3 games too, to give everyone but us one more game to play, making us more rested before the F5? That game has high potential to go 3 games too, as I think DU can still at least one. Okay, me personally, I think DU will win 2, but Elliott will be the key factor for the Badgers. Well, that and their offense that may or may not show.

I agree with you completely, I would LOVE to see UW/DU go three games. I just didn't predict that, because I thought I might be being too greedy. ;)