SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Baker

Siouxfan_inDenver

INCH has Ryan Duncan listed at the number one spot on their hobey tracker this week. http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...racker_0525.htm

In Denver last week on Saturday night we were chanting Hobey Baker.

Just saw that too and I think if he continues on this path he will win. Last week he was listed as the hidden hobey winner. Go Sioux!

INCH has Ryan Duncan listed at the number one spot on their hobey tracker this week. http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...racker_0525.htm

In Denver last week on Saturday night we were chanting Hobey Baker.

Great news that he is finally getting props.

My friend and I tried to start the Hobey Baker at BWWs on Friday, but no one wanted to chant with us.

In the interest of piling on the Hobey Baker stats, in the last 10 WCHA games, Duncan has 13 goals on 28 shots. That's a 46.4% scoring percentage.

On other words, goalies have been saving just 54% of Duncan's shots. (Vs. say 91% for the league as a whole.)

(PS: I checked my figures about 6 times since I was sure its a typo. I think I got it right, but if someone finds I'm wrong, please correct me.)

Below came from the ESPN SportsNation Chat, it's nice that they answered that question. More positive press can't be bad. (I realize that INCH does the chats)

Mark (Fargo, ND): With all of the talk most of the year about Brown from Notre Dame and TJ Hensick from Michigan, what chance does Ryan Duncan from North Dakota have to win the Hobey Baker?

SportsNation Joe Gladziszewski: In this week's Hobey Tracker at INCH, we're touting Duncan as the top Hobey candidate right now. He's been absolutely amazing in the last two months, and North Dakota has an 8-1-3 record in those games. It all adds up to him being a Hobey front-runner.

Below came from the ESPN SportsNation Chat, it's nice that they answered that question. More positive press can't be bad. (I realize that INCH does the chats)

Mark (Fargo, ND): With all of the talk most of the year about Brown from Notre Dame and TJ Hensick from Michigan, what chance does Ryan Duncan from North Dakota have to win the Hobey Baker?

SportsNation Joe Gladziszewski: In this week's Hobey Tracker at INCH, we're touting Duncan as the top Hobey candidate right now. He's been absolutely amazing in the last two months, and North Dakota has an 8-1-3 record in those games. It all adds up to him being a Hobey front-runner.

Awesomeness!

It took 46-70-116 to get the first and only Hobey, so please pardon me if I temper the enthusiasm.

the game has also changed a bit with the amount of scoring, if he has a big weekend at jbsu he will be a front runner. GO SIOUX AND GO DUNCSSSSSSSSSSS

panzer got SCREWED so im gona say he will make a real ru at this thing

BEAUTIFUL ............... #16 is classy, sniper, passer, team player, modest, a great college hockey player, he is very deserving at this point!

GO DUNCAN GO SIOUX

the game has also changed a bit with the amount of scoring, if he has a big weekend at jbsu he will be a front runner. GO SIOUX AND GO DUNCSSSSSSSSSSS

panzer got SCREWED so im gona say he will make a real ru at this thing

Dunc's needs to keep having big weekends to be considered for the award, but that's only half the battle. IMO, to have a legitimate shot at the award, the team must also keep winning. They'll need to make it into the Final Five, as well as past the first game of the national tournament. If the team does that, and Duncan keeps putting up the numbers, than he MIGHT have a shot at the award.

I agree that the teams success will help Duncan in his hobey campaign, but realisticallly I think that Brown or Hensick get the edge based soley on the fact that they are seniors. I am not saying it is right or that I agree, but I think that is how it is. Everyone on this board knows he deserves to be one of the three finalists, and in my opinion he should win it, but it will be a tough road convincing everyone else.