SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

I see the WCHA ranking this way as of who is playing very good hockey right now going into the playoffs when it matters this way

1St Cloud playing solid hockey tough to beat

2Sioux/Denver are way to close to call

3Gophers are on very thin ice is saying nice!!!!

4CC not sure about the tigers

5Mich Tech is a big surprise!!!!!

6Wisconsin just because of Elliot

7Mankato just plain old tough to play

8UMD playing pretty good right now

9Alska bottom dwellers

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux Blog:

The Sioux arrived in St. Cloud this afternoon without adventure, despite the rough weather in the area.

The Herald won't be there, however, for at least Friday night (unless the forecasters are very wrong).

After being out of town until Wednesday, I have spent the last 48 hours catching up. In the process, the storm has moved into the region and it's expected to be pretty ugly outside. I-94 was closed near St. Cloud this afternoon after a truck jacknifed. People in St. Cloud have said that traveling conditions are bad and I-29 and I-94 could be even worse tomorrow. So, I'm not going to risk it.

If the roads improve, I'll be down there. Otherwise, we will compile our coverage with some help from UND sports information director Dan Benson and St. Cloud Times sportswriter Kevin Allenspach.

I know a lot of people typically make the trip from the Twin Cities to St. Cloud for this series. Keep an eye on the weather and if you decide to go, have safe travels.

Posted by: Schlossman on Thursday, March 01 at 6:32 PM | Comments (0) | Permalink

Sioux Blog:

The Sioux arrived in St. Cloud this afternoon without adventure, despite the rough weather in the area.

Posted by: Schlossman on Thursday, March 01 at 6:32 PM | Comments (0) | Permalink

Thanks for the post. We can breath easy now knowing they're all ok.

do you really not get the smileys? Seriously, it was not meant to be serious.

yeah, did you MISS the 5 smileys or so, next time i will use 10 so they stick out....and i for one on this board talk hockey 99% of the time, have a sense of humor FOR ONCE, i could find many dumb azz posts from you...but really who cares....have fun with tech

i think sioux fans would like a split and would be happy with that, but we are hoping for a sweep and help from cc in sliding into that 3rd seed. we will see what happens but a split is very likely

Didn't see this noted, checked the SCSU website and all classes and events were cancelled after 3 PM Thursday, no announcement what will happen for Friday yet, but I could see a carry over much like NDSU did, if this is the case I would believe events would include the hockey game.

Didn't see this noted, checked the SCSU website and all classes and events were cancelled after 3 PM Thursday, no announcement what will happen for Friday yet, but I could see a carry over much like NDSU did, if this is the case I would believe events would include the hockey game.

They'll play the game unless the teams/officials can't make it. Sioux are down there, Huskies are obviously down there, and that leaves the officials. I would be EXTREMELY shocked if the game did not go on. Too much money/hassle to postpone the game. Plus, it would leave both teams with one less day of rest.

Anyone know the last time a UND game was postponed due to weather?

They'll play the game unless the teams/officials can't make it. Sioux are down there, Huskies are obviously down there, and that leaves the officials. I would be EXTREMELY shocked if the game did not go on. Too much money/hassle to postpone the game. Plus, it would leave both teams with one less day of rest.

Anyone know the last time a UND game was postponed due to weather?

You need to think that a hockey game is just not a hockey game this day and age. There are a lot of things that are involved in this. Is it safe for fans to travel for the game, especially if coming a great distance. Is it safe to have employees of the arena travel? If they find that their is risk of fans and employees being injured is higher than the reward of having the game played on time they would postpone it. It is not that hard to postpone a game, just move a game to Sunday afternoon, and I'm sure you will not get many complaints. IMO any compromise in safety, even if it is to one individual merits a postponement, that doesn't mean if you have tickets to the game tomorrow and I-94 is closed, do not call and try and get the game postponed, i'm speaking from a general safety view.

You need to think that a hockey game is just not a hockey game this day and age. There are a lot of things that are involved in this. Is it safe for fans to travel for the game, especially if coming a great distance. Is it safe to have employees of the arena travel? If they find that their is risk of fans and employees being injured is higher than the reward of having the game played on time they would postpone it. It is not that hard to postpone a game, just move a game to Sunday afternoon, and I'm sure you will not get many complaints. IMO any compromise in safety, even if it is to one individual merits a postponement, that doesn't mean if you have tickets to the game tomorrow and I-94 is closed, do not call and try and get the game postponed, i'm speaking from a general safety view.

If the game was scheduled for last night - maybe (but probably not) - I'm pretty certain the puck will be dropped at 7:05 tonight and if I94 is not closed - I'll be there.

As long as the 2 teams are there, and the officials are there (on ice and off ice), the game will played. There is no consideration given as to people attending the game.

I'd be happy with just the teams and officials inside an otherwise empty cinder block.

autograph seekers at Happy Harrys means they wouldn't get out of town until sometime after lunch ;)

Which gave the jersey chaser who wasn't getting any, huh, jersey, the neglected, jealous girlfriend and the dirty, rotten, skulking in the corner Gopher fan time to catch up with the bus on their three man snow mobile.

I'd be happy with just the teams and officials inside an otherwise empty cinder block.

Since both teams will be ready to play tonight.. The unknown is if the scheduled officials can make it. Does the WCHA have a backup plan in this case and could they use lower level DIII officials who would be more local to the St. Could area?

from inch: "The one team that seemed unfazed by the weather was North Dakota, which kept its regular schedule and arrived in St. Cloud by bus Thursday evening despite blizzard and whiteout conditions gripping much of Minnesota. Apparently, snow and blowing snow is not a huge deal for bus drivers who have earned their stripes braving the roads of the Red River Valley."

from inch: "The one team that seemed unfazed by the weather was North Dakota, which kept its regular schedule and arrived in St. Cloud by bus Thursday evening despite blizzard and whiteout conditions gripping much of Minnesota. Apparently, snow and blowing snow is not a huge deal for bus drivers who have earned their stripes braving the roads of the Red River Valley."

North Dakota: Our drivers are the burly men; your drivers are the girly men. :)

This kind of applies to this thread.

Considering the "swoon" related digs that SCSU had to endure during the Dahl years, this has to be especially uncomfortable for Gopher fans, especially as they liked to throw this at SCSU fans liberally.

Gopher hockey swoon delivers a reality check

They (the Gophs) better hope for a decent finish to this season.

This kind of applies to this thread.

Considering the "swoon" related digs that SCSU had to endure during the Dahl years, this has to be especially uncomfortable for Gopher fans, especially as they liked to throw this at SCSU fans liberally.

They (the Gophs) better hope for a decent finish to this season.

In this article Donny had the nerve to still be talking about the world juniors affecting his club ......... perhaps he needs to go back to

the neck brace (other teams players streaking down the ice with the puck can be harmful to the neck) so that he can see whats going on.

Obviously with that statement he is not aware of the STATE of hockey at gooferland

Thanks to all of the loyal Sioux fans busting a trail today on the way to St Clown so that the rest of us can make it there tomorrow GO SIOUX! :)