SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DU - Round 1

AZSIOUX

Horrible game defensively tonight. Thought Phil played good and deserved to win, not sure anyone else on the team deserved a win.

Not sure what the faceoff totals for the game were, but after two it was something like 35-17 DU. Terrible. Gotta win faceoffs and play much, much, much, much better defensively.

Are any of the other three lines going to even be a threat to score ? This loss really hurt, pretty much makes tomorrow a must win.

Put Radke back at defense and Genoway up front. No loss defensively IMO as Genoway is just brutal with mistakes and he is not physically stong enough right now. Maybe Chay can help generate some offense cause I don't see Radke doing it...too much to ask of a guy that has always played defense. Radke isn't all that good on defense either but at least he is a bit more physical.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose tomorrow night we can kiss the NCAA tourney goodbye. I think it's time to get going.

I know its our first loss in 11 games but there is no excuse for not getting a point tonight.

I think that if we can get into the Final Five and win two out of three games (second or third place finish), we'll have a chance of making the NCAA tournament as a low seed. That being said, I don't want to cut it too close.

we are tied for 11th in the pairwise after this loss. we were 12th :lol: this is with the .003 bonus......

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwr.php?roadbon=.003&grid=

have to get 2 points saturday night to stay in for a chance at 3rd place in the wcha...very important

DOT line gets 9 points out of 9 possible, thats great but also need help........bottom line, W on saturday and we are ok...another loss and 2 @ scsu turn into season savers potentially, lets not let that happen, GO SIOUXXXXXXX

POSITIVE PEOPLE POSITVE

there goes the 11 game unbeathen streak, 8-1-3 in last 12, lets start a new streak tomorrow night

If we lose again tomorrow, we can kiss not only 3rd place goodbye, but maybe home ice as well. St. Cloud is going to be tough to beat next week on their home ice and the Badgers are still lurking within striking distance. If we can split this weekend and next, we'll be in good shape. Otherwise, all season ticket holders will get a refund on their first-round tickets.

It's still way too early to say, but the Sioux may have left themselves way too little room for error with their horrendous first half of the season. They essentially put themselves in a position where they've had to be perfect the second half. Those losses against Tech, Wisconsin, and Anchorage are really hurting us now. I'm keeping the faith, but wow have they put themselves in a tight spot. Let's get the win tomorrow night Sioux!! As for now, I'm checking out to look in on th the pairwise situation. See ya tomorrow night.

Couple things about tonight...

The team didn't move their feet other than the DOT line. Lots of gliding around and watching. I think the replay of Paukovitch's goal exemplified it best when Pauk skated by Kaip and then Kaip just pointed his stick at the D-man who was trying to defend a rapidly developing 2-on-1. Maybe Kaip should have thought about moving his feet and back-checking instead of trying to direct traffic.

I'm starting to think Miller (and others) have never met a drop-pass they didn't love to make. For whatever reason they're getting too cute when they should probably be putting the puck on net. Shot total in the low 20s once again - bogus.

The D looked flat overall. I liked Genoway's energy and his assertiveness with the puck, but it was his own worst enemy at times. Many of the odd-man rushes seemed to be attributed to a D-man getting trapped deep without a forward rolling back to cover for him.

What can I say about the DOT line other than these guys came to play. Sure, they were on the ice for a couple of the goals, but when you're team's only offense you've got to take some chances of your own.

Lammy was pretty good.

If they want to win tomorrow they're definitely going to need to move their feet better and stop dinking around when they get the puck into some prime scoring areas. The D needs to make better decisions with the puck coming out of our zone. We're going to learn a lot about this team tomorrow.

I hate losing to the Pioneers because right now SCSU is playing great hockey and despite our streak (which ended tonight), we still might not make the NCAAs.

Not sure I would agree that SCSU is playing great hockey. Prior to tonight they were 2-2-2 in the last six games.

It won't matter how good or bad SCSU plays if we play like we did tonight.

Not sure I would agree that SCSU is playing great hockey. Prior to tonight they were 2-2-2 in the last six games.

It won't matter how good or bad SCSU plays if we play like we did tonight.

SCSU played OK tonight, but the Gophers looked equally awful.

Not to write this season off by any means but I am just a little bit nervous for next year as I am thinking O & T will be gone. We better win a lot of 1-0 games as I do not see a lot of scoring puch from the remaining group of players.

Yet another reason why the Sioux need to make a serious run this year. It may not be that pretty next year.

I agree, we've got 3 games left. It's always gloom and doom after a loss but I think the loss might be a wake up call and help us get back into a groove.

Last weekend: Three goals in two games last weekend against Duluth with a combined 40-something shots.

Prior weekend: 3-shot 3rd period OT tie against Mankato.

The phone's been ringing for a while - we better pick it up before it goes to voicemail...

Not to write this season off by any means but I am just a little bit nervous for next year as I am thinking O & T will be gone. We better win a lot of 1-0 games as I do not see a lot of scoring puch from the remaining group of players.

You are talking like our freshman class won't contribute at all. We have a good group of freshmen coming in next year and they probably will get better as the season goes on. Also, other teams in the league will lose underclassmen as well, even the "phenom-filled" Rodents. Listening to Wooger talk about how the Rodents might keep all their underclassmen for next year during the Sioux-Gopher series was laughable. Next year won't be as bad as you think.

But enough about next year, we are still in it this year. Go Sioux!!!

Last weekend: Three goals in two games last weekend against Duluth with a combined 40-something shots.

Prior weekend: 3-shot 3rd period OT tie against Mankato.

The phone's been ringing for a while - we better pick it up before it goes to voicemail...

Silver lining: DH identified a lot of things that can be changed for tomorrow night. It might be worse if we played well and still lost. He obviously believes that the team is capable of playing much better. He didn't sound happy at all. I like that. Maybe he'll light a fire under some of the loafers and we'll see a different "team" tomorrow night.

Silver lining: DH identified a lot of things that can be changed for tomorrow night. It might be worse if we played well and still lost. He obviously believes that the team is capable of playing much better. He didn't sound happy at all. I like that. Maybe he'll light a fire under some of the loafers and we'll see a different "team" tomorrow night.

You shouldn't have "loafers" on a team this late in the season. That is troubling to me. Everything is on the line this weekend and next and we have to "light a fire" under someone? :lol: It's put up or shut up time for every team in this league and I don't want our boys to be quiet.

You shouldn't have "loafers" on a team this late in the season. That is troubling to me. Everything is on the line this weekend and next and we have to "light a fire" under someone? :lol: It's put up or shut up time for every team in this league and I don't want our boys to be quiet.

Well then, let's hope the Sioux put up the rest of the way.

I wish I could have heard the postgame. I think most of us are in the same boat in that we believe this team can play better - we've seen it. Unfortunately the margin for error is slim right now. I'm glad to hear Hak was unhappy, because in the couple years he's been here he hasn't let his emotions get to him too often.

I think back to Oshie's post-game comments after sweeping the gophers. He said the team was stung by getting swept by Tech at home, and that they never wanted to forget that feeling. It provided them with motivation. It sees to me that this team has maybe forgotten what that felt like.

Just looked at the pairwise. This one hurt. Down to 11t. Need to get it back tomorrow night! :lol:

we didnt go DOWN, we went UP to tie for 11th, we were at 12, thats with the .003 bonus, so we gained a bit losing, dont ask me how, just dont...

SCREW NEXT YEAR UNTIL THIS ONES OVER............LETS WORRY ABOUT THIS SEASON SIOUX FANS AND SEE HOW IT PLAYS OUT..........................

We were outshot in this game nearly 2 to 1 (42-23). It'd be interesting to know how many scoring chances the Pioneers had compared to the Sioux. I'll bet it was close to 2 to 1 as well. With all the odd-man rushes we gave up, it's borderline amazing we were even in it.

The Sioux better play much better Saturday night, or it might get ugly.

I wish I could have heard the postgame. I think most of us are in the same boat in that we believe this team can play better - we've seen it. Unfortunately the margin for error is slim right now. I'm glad to hear Hak was unhappy, because in the couple years he's been here he hasn't let his emotions get to him too often.

I think back to Oshie's post-game comments after sweeping the gophers. He said the team was stung by getting swept by Tech at home, and that they never wanted to forget that feeling. It provided them with motivation. It sees to me that this team has maybe forgotten what that felt like.

Too many times I've seen teams fight back from a large deficit only to lose steam once they've pulled close or regained the lead. It just takes so much energy and focus, and sometimes there's a let down after the summit has been reached. Let's hope that's not happening here. I too like to hear a little emotion in Hak's voice. That's been one of my major gripes with his coaching style. Wouldn't mind seeing a little of that "never give the other guy any credit" attitude that the Blaiser used to show. Regarless, hope he tears 'em a new one behind closed doors.