SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DU - Round 1

AZSIOUX

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. You actually contradict yourself by saying they played well enough, but "let" DU score on a couple breakdowns in our own zone. In fact, there were more than a couple breakdowns and from what I saw it could have been uglier. Most of these breakdowns were because the team wasn't moving it's feet and was standing around watching most of the game. At least they had a good view - the camera guys for FSN were making me sick with all the zoom-in shots :lol: . I also don't think getting outshot 40-something to 20-something is a good indicator of playing well enough to win.

Not to get critical of a single play, but in a game like this it's easy to do. On the GWG it looked like Fabian was in position to block the shot, but he instead elected to cheat toward the D-2-D pass, allowing the shot to get on net. It's a little thing, but it was a pretty aggressive, low-percentage play in a tight OT game.

It is quite simple .......... If Oshie's shot hits the post and goes in instead of out, game over, Sioux win!

I have to say that I enjoyed that game.

The best part of the whole thing was the aftershow when Anthony LaPanta said that "St. Cloud State continues their DOMINANCE over the Gophers under Bob Motzko, going to 3-1-2 against them."

Guess he needed a little filler or something.

But that is enough about the Gophers.

The Sioux need to come to play tonight.