SiouxSports.com Forum

Tom Buning and Gene Taylor on KFGO Today

CDog

Link it to a radio interview?

I listened to it, did you? I already know the answer to that so don't bother.

Take it easy MplsBison. Taylor did in fact say something to that effect. What he said was that he's received numerous e-mails on the subject and he would estimate that they were 50-50 for and against the game. That's what he said. Hardly a scientific poll, since the type of person who takes the time to e-mail an A.D. of a university on such a subject is likely the same type of person who peruses 10 separate internet message boards throughout the day proclaiming their passion or disdain for a given university (just like me! :lol: ). Considering this, how many of the total season ticket holders or boosters of either university do we really think feel this way?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's never said any such thing.

I believe he said that he had emails from some NDSU fans that didn't want to play UND. Maybe even 50 fans.

But 50% no.

You wish, as part of your fakeness.

In 2009, of course, you'll be at the games.

Well, my understanding is that he did indeed say exactly that. However, I'm getting that second hand, so I could be wrong. In any case, there clearly is a substantial group of Bison fans who are against scheduling UND. Denying objective reality only destroys your own credibility.

Judging from the entire thread it looks like it's Game On! I don't care if NCAA regs punish a team for playing out of it's division, fan's vote with their feet. A Sioux/Bison football game would fill either venue, an NCAA playoff game would not. By the way are the Bison even elegable for the post season this coming year? I thought it was 2008.

I never said that. UND certainly can, and I think will, do just fine without playing SU.

I know you enjoy talking in circles, but if it's not too much trouble and it doesn't distract too much from your plotting of SU's impending world domination, can you explain in plain English why SU is in a position to demand ANYTHING of UND?

Now while I agree with you, Gothmog, on the fact that NDSU is not scared to play anyone, there is a difference in scheduling UND or a FBS or FCS team. If NDSU loses to a top ranked FCS team, people say well they lost to a very good team. If they lose to a FBS team, people say they were supposed tog et beat. If they lose to UND, all hell break lose. There is a risk to scheduling UND but I don't think that what's holding them totally back from adding the Sioux on the schedule.

Losing to UND certainly would be different than losing to an FBS or an FCS team. No doubt NDSU considers the probablilty and consequences of a loss when making any scheduling decision, as does UND. But that's just not the same thing as being chickensh!ts for not scheduling a team. NDSU is not scared of anybody. Their record of seeking quality opponents proves that.

Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. I can tell you one place my money will not be going, and that is to NDSU... which is the reason for my refusing to ever attend another sporting event that one of their teams is involved in.

That, and never, is a very long time.

What he said was that he's received numerous e-mails on the subject and he would estimate that they were 50-50 for and against the game.

And that's supposed to translate into: "50% of all NDSU fans are against the game"?!?!?!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only people who would actually send an email to the AD are psycho fans and of course they're all against the game.

Hell, the fact that 50 percent of THOSE even are for the game means that probably 85% or more of all NDSU fans are for it.

I know you enjoy talking in circles, but if it's not too much trouble and it doesn't distract too much from your plotting of SU's impending world domination, can you explain in plain English why SU is in a position to demand ANYTHING of UND?

First, I have been quite clear in stating my opinion that UND will do well in Division I. I hope, and believe, that NDSU will do better. But I have no crystal ball.

As far as NDSU being in a position to demand what it wants of UND. It's just basic supply and demand. NDSU doesn't want or need the game, UND does. They'll have to pay for it.

Losing to UND certainly would be different than losing to an FBS or an FCS team. No doubt NDSU considers the probablilty and consequences of a loss when making any scheduling decision, as does UND. But that's just not the same thing as being chickensh!ts for not scheduling a team. NDSU is not scared of anybody. Their record of seeking quality opponents proves that.

If the bison weren't scared they'd play us. It's simple as that. No need to pass off any other tired excuse.

Was that the big rumor on bisonville?

No, this is not a rumor. It was announced on WDAY TV tonight. The game is on Sept. 22 and NDSU gets $200,000. It's worth noting that Central Michigan won both the MAC championship and the Motor City Bowl last year. Another quality opponent for the Bison.

Do you need any more proof that NDSU wants 2 FBS games per year more than it wants a game with UND?

No, this is not a rumor. It's done deal. The game is on Sept. 22 and NDSU gets $200,000. It's worth noting that Central Michigan won both the MAC championship and the Motor City Bowl last year. Another quality opponent for the Bison.

Do you need any more proof that NDSU wants 2 FBS games per year more than it wants a game with UND?

Well it was a rumor until it got announced late today. It doesn't sound like everyone over there is totally onboard with another away game. CM is def a quality opponent but you still need another home game.

P.S. I hope we don't play you until 2009. I can wait until everyone is settled and the field is fair so that there can be no complaining by either fan base that the game hurt their team.