SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fighting Sioux vs UMD Bulldogs

proudsioux

I'm really at a loss. I mean, I love the "cute" goals like the one Duncan made or even the one by Sharp. But man... I saw a replay of the Kaip goal and I think THAT is the kind of goals that win us games. Bina throwing the puck on net and having two players crash the net for rebounds (Fabian was the other apparently). THROW the puck at the net and good things will happen.

That is the kind of goal that wins everyone games. I wish tDogs could get some more of those, too. Almost had one, ended up a "goaltender interference" penalty instead.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful on the pairwise. UND has a ton of TUC wins over teams that are barely clinging to TUC status. If those teams slip out of the RPI top 25, UND's TUC record goes with them. We should be big fans of SLU, Dartmouth and especially Bemidji, Quinnipiac and Mankato.

i understand for sure, it is what it is right now and if we win 3 of 5 games left with a must win tomorrow we are in good shape overall...wins from those teams mentioned will only boost us higher so go THOSE TEAMS :ohmy:

and with the msu/uaa game still up in the air we are tied with DU for 8th right now in the pairwise with the all important .003 bonus added

What a crappy game - this is the worst team in the league folks. I hope our coaches are recruiting their a**es off because other than the Judys line (two of whom are likely to leave), I don't see much. There seems to be a lot of dead weight - at this time of the year everyone should be motivated and squared away. What happened to that Sioux team that swept the Gophers?

What a crappy game - this is the worst team in the league folks. I hope our coaches are recruiting their a**es off because other than the Judys line (two of whom are likely to leave), I don't see much. There seems to be a lot of dead weight - at this time of the year everyone should be motivated and squared away. What happened to that Sioux team that swept the Gophers?

get some sleep :ohmy::D funny post....yeah it blows we tied but we could have lost this one easily. phil was very good. we have not lost in 10 games, lets remember that

Actually I thought that was a well played game by both teams. It was very fast paced at times, but the goalies were pretty good.

There were obviously a couple calls let go on both sides, but it kept the flow consistent.

Duluth may be 9th in the league (tied for it), but they are playing their best hockey now. If they can get some steady goaltending, they definately have the scoring to put the hurt on. Mason Raymond is a flash out there, and definitely had chances. Also the McGreggor/MacGreggor line rocks.

I think UND will win tomorrow in front of the home crowd. There's much more on the line for the Sioux, and the captains will let everyone know. Bottom line for tonight is that any point in the league is a good one. Let that one slip away and it's all knotted with Sconnie.

NO, he SHOT it. :D

I freeze my __ off watching Wayne State kick Niagara all night 6 - 1, and miss Rylan actually shoot the puck. After a couple of weeks of watching him pass the puck or skate on goal without pulling the trigger. It's about time!

The Michigan State Fairgrounds hasn't had heat in weeks! The visting locker room didn't have heat or running water last week, and it didn't sound like there was either this week. And, they sent a letter to the CCHA! They would need to find a better rent-a-rink than the Fairgrounds. ??? Compuware was the best, even Great Lakes was better, and the Fairgrounds. They claim 319 for tonight's game, would be lucky to have 100 show up.

On radio, whenever the subject of the ice came up, TH said "not that we have the greatest ice in the league anyway" at least a couple of times. I've heard this said before in past years. My question: isn't there anything that can be done about that, if it is in fact, true?

This late in the season and with so much on the line I never like to hear a coach say post-game that 3 or 4 of his players didn't show up. Too bad Martens is injured, so I guess the only available option is to replace one of the deadbeats with Vandevelde.

I wish they would tell us which one isn't playing well. I thought the penatlies against the Sioux killed their momentum. After that it looked like two even teams

playing.

I wish they would tell us which one isn't playing well. I thought the penatlies against the Sioux killed their momentum. After that it looked like two even teams

playing.

Wait, the forum experts will soon be on line to let you know who they are! :ohmy:

Those early penalties did slow us down. I was only watching on the 'little' screen (full screen is still too grainy on my laptop) and I thought both teams played like they wanted the win.

I've got a question that is kind of out of topic. When are they going to raise the WCHA Champions banner from last year? I was hoping that it would be tonight's game, but I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone have some insight into this?

The University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey team does not raise banners for "minor" tournament wins such as the WCHA Final Five. Only WCHA league titles and NCAA titles are hung from the rafters at the Ralph.

On radio, whenever the subject of the ice came up, TH said "not that we have the greatest ice in the league anyway" at least a couple of times. I've heard this said before in past years. My question: isn't there anything that can be done about that, if it is in fact, true?

At this point, not without ripping up the entire floor and pipes.

What I've heard is that they've had a big time NHL consultant come in and also had to fix the computer system that monitors the ice. IIRC, whoever laid the pipes didn't do the greatest of jobs and that is where the problem is.

I believe it was last year or two years ago when they announced that the Ralph would be kept at a cooler temp to help the ice.

The University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey team does not raise banners for "minor" tournament wins such as the WCHA Final Five. Only WCHA league titles and NCAA titles are hung from the rafters at the Ralph.

This isn't Saint Cloud.

playing.

It's easier to tell in person who's not playing than on the radio or TV :ohmy:

With the early powerplays, we were 10 minutes into the game before Zajac, Foyt and Radke got a shift.

On UMD's second goal, the goal scorer looked to be Zajac's assignment. He was just a half-step slow, but that was enough for Sharp to get off the quick shot. Have to be tougher in front of our net.

Genoway had a tough night, but I give him credit for battling - UMD has some big guys and he stuck his nose in there.

So, will take a guess about who Hak was referring to - Zajac, Miller. I agree with earlier comments that Miller had an off night.

=============================

Just to get ON a soapbox here for a second, UMD has 10 guys drafted by the NHL. Their top guys are big strong and agile. Niskanen was outstanding, he got a body on the DOT line and shut the rush down at the blue line very well (best I've seen), forcing them to dump and chase - rather than wheel and deal with the puck.

UMD is in last place because of some soft goaltending, lack of team play at times, but not because of lack of talent. I would love to see them get a rip at the golden ones in the 1st round WCHA, because I think they could win. Safe to say, I think UMD might be the best 10th place team in the WCHA ever.

As to tonight, I think we see some line shuffling. I think we see Porter-Watkins-Radke. We need more consistent effort from Fabian-Kaip-Kozek.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see some D-pair shuffling. Maybe somebody else skates with Chorney - who had another monster game last night.

And Phil will probably need to be good again. He's proving to be every bit as good as we hoped he would be down the stretch.

==============================

Win tonight - and a CC loss - puts us tied for 4th, one back of DU for 3rd. Lose tonight, and a UW win, and we're sniffing their butts and in danger of falling to 7th or even 8th.

Gut check time. What are we made of? What legacy do these guys want to leave?

Just to get ON a soapbox here for a second, UMD has 10 guys drafted by the NHL. Their top guys are big strong and agile. Niskanen was outstanding, he got a body on the DOT line and shut the rush down at the blue line very well (best I've seen), forcing them to dump and chase - rather than wheel and deal with the puck.

UMD is in last place because of some soft goaltending, lack of team play at times, but not because of lack of talent. I would love to see them get a rip at the golden ones in the 1st round WCHA, because I think they could win. Safe to say, I think UMD might be the best 10th place team in the WCHA ever.

There is probably some rule that states the Goofs have to be in the Final Five though. :ohmy: I watched them play against C.C. last night and they weren't that impressive. Today on the hockey show, it sounded like a Goofer love fest. The stars seem to be aligning themselves right now and I would love to see UMN get swept out of the final five. Probably won't happen but it would be a nice early X-Mas present.

There is probably some rule that states the Goofs have to be in the Final Five though. :ohmy: I watched them play against C.C. last night and they weren't that impressive. Today on the hockey show, it sounded like a Goofer love fest. The stars seem to be aligning themselves right now and I would love to see UMN get swept out of the final five. Probably won't happen but it would be a nice early X-Mas present.

Yeah, I suppose the Gophers will be the beneficiaries of the Campion Rules. ???