SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Bulldogs

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_5679.JPGVS mhockey_scrapbook_carroll.jpg

OK, moving on. we are 7-0-2 in our last 9 games. 9-1-2 in our last 12. last loss was on jan 5th to cc. not to shabby of a run here into the post season. we are sitting alone in 5th place with 23 points. sconnie and tech right behind at 21 and we are only 3 and 4 points out of 3rd place. wow this is going to be a close race. im shooting for 3rd place in the wcha because we do have that critical series at DU. but first things first, play hard nose fighitng sioux hockey because duluth is playing for pride and wont be laying down. get 4 points vs duluth!!

SIOUX 8th in the pairwise rankings

Overall Record: 16-11-3 (.583)

WCHA: 10-9-3, 23 points

Home: 7-7-3

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND has completely dominated UMD in the last 4 years. Since the Bulldogs had their 1 Frozen Four season UND has won almost every game, and several by large margins. I don't know what it is, maybe the similar systems.

I think UND will come out fired up from a hard week of practices. They need to focus on Duluth and continuing to improve after taking a step back tonight.

And do we have 23 points or 22 points?? I'm confused... I'm sure I could look it up, but sleep sounds like more fun right now :angry:

Play hard and keep winning and everything else will fall into place

We have 23. Those were the standings before tonight.

Updated Standings

1. U of M 33

2. SCSU 29

3. DU 27 *

4. CC 26

5. UND 23

6. UW 21

6. Tech 21 *

8. MSU 19 *

9. AA 15 *

10. UMD 14

*= played 24 games vs. 22 for everyone else

UND has completely dominated UMD in the last 4 years. Since the Bulldogs had their 1 Frozen Four season UND has won almost every game, and several by large margins. I don't know what it is, maybe the similar systems.

I think UND will come out fired up from a hard week of practices. They need to focus on Duluth and continuing to improve after taking a step back tonight.

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. I hope Hakstol lets them know. Also half assed efforts like last night are unacceptable as well.

I think they could sweep UMD or at a minimum 3 points and then 3-4 at DU. DU is not impressive and prime for the picking.

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. I hope Hakstol lets them know. Also half assed efforts like last night are unacceptable as well.

I think they could sweep UMD or at a minimum 3 points and then 3-4 at DU. DU is not impressive and prime for the picking.

way past unnacceptable....My only thought is PLAY A WHOLE 60 MIN.! :angry:

We have 23. Those were the standings before tonight.

Updated Standings

1. U of M 33

2. SCSU 29

3. DU 27 *

4. CC 26

5. UND 23

6. UW 21

6. Tech 21 *

8. MSU 19 *

9. AA 15 *

10. UMD 14

*= played 24 games vs. 22 for everyone else

Denver is off this weekend and the Gophers of the Twin Cities are invading Colorado Spring.

IF the Sioux and the Gophers sweep we would be tied for 3rd in the WCHA on ahead of CC. This is a huge weekend for us!

Denver is off this weekend and the Gophers of the Twin Cities are invading Colorado Spring.

IF the Sioux and the Gophers sweep we would be tied for 3rd in the WCHA on ahead of CC. This is a huge weekend for us!

That should be enough to fire up the boys lets hope for a sweep by the dirty Goofers (that makes my skin crawl).

If we continue to play like we have been we should easily be able to sweep the Bulldogs. And since the Sioux have been actually playing really good on the road I can easily see them sweeping the pioneers and giving St. Cloud a good run for there money.

I agree the Sioux are catching Fire and can win these next three series!!!!!! it is going to be some Great WCHA hockey coming up.....

Sweep all the way. The Sioux have netted 12 goals each of the past two weekends and will be going up against the team with the weakest goaltending in the WCHA. The DOT line should pad their stats big time in this one.

A big weekend should put Duncan in the top 5 in National scoring... Hidden Hobey?

A big weekend should put Duncan in the top 5 in National scoring... Hidden Hobey?

yes it will!!

hopefully UND starts his campaign soon

and he is the front runner as of now for POY in the WCHA along with gordon i think.....

Considering the Sioux haven't swept a WCHA opponent at home this season, would one have to assume we're due. Or, based on the percentages, is it more likely not going to happen? I guess we'll see. If they play consecutive periods like they did Saturday night against Mankato, our short term goal will immediately change to a top 5 finish.

If we want to maintain any chance of finishing top 3, a sweep is a must. It would be nice to head to Denver with our fate under our control.

Duluth scores a lot, especially on the PP, and if the Sioux aren't at the top of their game, they can get beat easily by MDU. If Duluth ends up last, they could step up and bite someone in the WCHA playoffs, like they did last year. MN would be a tough test for them, but an upset wouldn't be surprising. I'd like to see Duluth finish a bit higher and go to either Denver or CC, where an upset would be more likely than at MN. Finishing higher, however, can't include any points this weekend vs. the Sioux.