SiouxSports.com Forum

Bochenski traded again

82SiouxGuy

Well we will find out soon as Boston plays Carolina tonight.

Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today that the club has acquired right-winger Brandon Bochenski from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for right-winger Kris Versteeg and a conditional draft pick. Bochenski will not join the team for their game tonight in Raleigh, NC.

Ok, I'm a cynic, but here's my early Bochenski prediction with the Bruins:

He's going to mimick Goren's path. He'll continue to do well at the AHL level, the Bruins will say how excited they are to have a scoring talent like Bochenski, use Bo for maybe 10 games or so and then wave goodbye as his contract ends.

I'm also starting to believe that he'll never get a real shot at the NHL.

Ok, I'm a cynic, but here's my early Bochenski prediction with the Bruins:

He's going to mimick Goren's path. He'll continue to do well at the AHL level, the Bruins will say how excited they are to have a scoring talent like Bochenski, use Bo for maybe 10 games or so and then wave goodbye as his contract ends.

I'm also starting to believe that he'll never get a real shot at the NHL.

Its Bochenskis Skating, he isn't the best of skater, however, that being said if Johnny Pohl can play a regular shift in the NHL there is no reason Bochenski can't either.

Its Bochenskis Skating, he isn't the best of skater, however, that being said if Johnny Pohl can play a regular shift in the NHL there is no reason Bochenski can't either.

You'd think, but I'm not so sure.

Ottawa pulled the plug after Bo got injured. Chicago pulled the plug after he didn't put up great numbers while getting brought up and sent down over and over again. Boston probably won't bring him up much and won't expect much and won't give much of a damn. Just my thoughts.

It's really too bad because Bo deserves a real shot at the NHL.

Bummer, I was really hoping to see Bo and Toews playing together. I think Bo will get his shot, people knock his skating but in the NHL it doesn't matter. Points = $$$$. We know Bo can score, he proved that at Ottawa before he was injured. Let's hope that Boston will be a good situation for him.

You'd think, but I'm not so sure.

Ottawa pulled the plug after Bo got injured. Chicago pulled the plug after he didn't put up great numbers while getting brought up and sent down over and over again. Boston probably won't bring him up much and won't expect much and won't give much of a damn. Just my thoughts.

It's really too bad because Bo deserves a real shot at the NHL.

Chicago's coach reminds me of the Bruins old one, Bring people up and if they don't light the world on fire in the 11+ minutes they get a game they are toast. Thrown on the scrap heap. Boston is about 10 days from deciding if they are going to dump salaries or if they are going to make a trade for a run. If they have a fire sale I see Bochenski playing a lot. Kind of auditioning for a job next season. From watching the Bruins play the last 4 games they are starting to gell lines with Kessel playing between the 1st and 2nd lines. I don't see Bochenski playing any where but on the third or fourth line which would put him with a slow checking line with guys like Mowers - Primeau - Donovan or on a line with guys like this Reich - Chistov - Tenkrat. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him in Providence either. We will see.

Peter Chiarelli is the Bruins GM. He was with the Ottawa Senators as an Asst. GM when Bochenski started with them. He's also a college hockey guy having worn the "C" with Harvard back in the days of the Hrkac Circus. What does all of this mean? Maybe nothing. But maybe it means Bochenski was sought out by Chiarelli and that the Bruins, like New Jersey, aren't afraid of players from the NCAA. Boston did give up Kris Versteeg, who was the leading scorer for their AHL affiliate, so at this point it appears as though this wasn't a meaningless transaction and may be a positive for BB.

everyone, keep one thing in mind.....more often than not a player can go to a team being very skilled and not give much production wise because of the people he is playing with and their chemistry. im sure if parise was on some other team he could be in just the same situation as Bo. maybe Bo will mix really well in the Boston lineup. lets hope so, for the sake of his NHL career

everyone, keep one thing in mind.....more often than not a player can go to a team being very skilled and not give much production wise because of the people he is playing with and their chemistry. im sure if parise was on some other team he could be in just the same situation as Bo. maybe Bo will mix really well in the Boston lineup. lets hope so, for the sake of his NHL career

bo is a good player parise is better all around, no matter what team parise is on he will be a top 2 line guy, hopefully bo will stick up in the show in b-town

bo is a good player parise is better all around, no matter what team parise is on he will be a top 2 line guy, hopefully bo will stick up in the show in b-town

Definitely agree that Parise is better all around. I think Zach being on the Devils limits the amount of points he scores, due to the Devils defensive outlook on the game. If he were to go to a different team, I actually think ZPar would have a higher amount of points than what he has right now with the Devils. With that being said, I'm okay with him playing with Travis for the Devils. It's like watching Sioux hockey at a higher level!