SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

Also, he isn't stupid jepordize the teams playoff hopes just because some in the media have made a big deal out of nothing, and to make a few people feel good about themselves because they are sitting up there on the moral highground.

Your objectivity is showing again Goon.

A lot of us here have complimented the players (JT, TJ and Bina included), the program and the coach for showing great character, especially when compared to several other hockey programs who've found themselves in somewhat similar circumstances.

What happens if Coach H says to himself, "Hmmm, these young men got caught doing something stupid. The police were involved. That doesn't reflect well on the program I have been hired to run with the utmost of character and respect. Therefore that doesn't reflect well on either the University or on me. They're going to sit for a game."

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually we are talking about other things right now, astronauts in love triangles, hum.

But I will help you out, Bina is the only question mark. The other two will be in Uniform this weekend. Hak isn't dumb this has been taken care of, I am sure it sucked to be these two.

Also, he isn't stupid jepordize the teams playoff hopes just because some in the media have made a big deal out of nothing, and to make a few people feel good about themselves because they are sitting up there on the moral highground. He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Personally I can't wait till one of the DU players screw up then goon's world is going to have a bad boyz section. :):lol:

So mark me up as being in the crowd as saying I doubt he is going to sit these kids for a stupid minor mistake. Robbie might be in a little trouble, but if I was the coach I am not sitting him until I see what his punishment is going to be. The problem with the Duke Lacross team was the admin over reacted and then we find out the DA cooked the evidence and had no case. A coach lost his job over nothing. In this country your innocent until proven guilty. Besides who cares what the Dakota Stupid thinks in this case?

Great Analysis Goon...CASE CLOSED

Your objectivity is showing again Goon.

A lot of us here have complimented the players (JT, TJ and Bina included), the program and the coach for showing great character, especially when compared to several other hockey programs who've found themselves in somewhat similar circumstances.

What happens if Coach H says to himself, "Hmmm, these young men got caught doing something stupid. The police were involved. That doesn't reflect well on the program I have been hired to run with the utmost of character and respect. Therefore that doesn't reflect well on either the University or on me. They're going to sit for a game."

Not going to happen. :lol: They will sit when the Gophers players sit. The only reason Briggs didn't sit was that he didn't pay his tab on time.

In addition to being subject to local laws, all three student-athletes will subject to University of North Dakota disciplinary guidelines, said UND coach Dave Hakstol. Disciplinary actions will not be made public, Hakstol said, in accordance with University policy.
I went to UND those rules basically are transparent. I think the;

Hakstol told local media he won't comment until Wednesday. However, he was quoted in the Winnipeg media a few days ago as saying that Toews won't face any further punishment. Now, unless he was misquoted (doubtful) or unless he changes his mind (even more doubtful) it looks as though both will be skating this weekend
basically explains it.

Thats what I figured would happen, and what I feel is a just way for Coach Hakstol to handle the situation. Toews and Oshie were only in the bar, not drinking, and Bina should not be held accountable for anything until after it's been handled with the law. ...And as far as astronouts go, that lady is one crazy woman. I heard she wore a diaper for the 900 mile drive, and truth to that?

Thats what I figured would happen, and what I feel is a just way for Coach Hakstol to handle the situation. Toews and Oshie were only in the bar, not drinking, and Bina should not be held accountable for anything until after it's been handled with the law. ...And as far as astronouts go, that lady is one crazy woman. I heard she wore a diaper for the 900 mile drive, and truth to that?

I heard it was a 1000 mile ride and she wore a diaper so she didn't have to stop to go to the bathroom. Now that scares me since she was in a way more powerful

postion.

I heard it was a 1000 mile ride and she wore a diaper so she didn't have to stop to go to the bathroom. Now that scares me since she was in a way more powerful

postion.

She familar with the diaper thing. Astronauts wear them on re-entry. So every astronaut knows all about the "Oops! I crapped my pants" products. :):lol:

The drama over this incident is dying down with hockey right around the corner. Regardless of right or wrong, these young men do what most college students do ... enjoy a cold one or two.

They made a mistake ... they publicly apologized this afternoon ... and they will move on with their lives as will the Fighting Sioux.

The people that are blaming a single person is falsely incorrect and should stop. Reports will prove it.

This will make the 2007 Fighting Sioux Men's hockey team a stronger, closer and more determined group of young men.

The drama over this incident is dying down with hockey right around the corner. Regardless of right or wrong, these young men do what most college students do ... enjoy a cold one or two.

They made a mistake ... they publicly apologized this afternoon ... and they will move on with their lives as will the Fighting Sioux.

The people that are blaming a single person is falsely incorrect and should stop. Reports will prove it.

This will make the 2007 Fighting Sioux Men's hockey team a stronger, closer and more determined group of young men.

I also second this post. No one should be blamed for calling the GFPD unless there is solidified evidence that this person did it. The report will come out but no one should be publicly blamed at this time. The pot shots by several people are laced with emotion, I realize, but should dissolve like this thread. Let's focus our emotions on a solid winning streak down the stretch.

The Fighting Sioux will be stronger because of this.