SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_6866.JPGVS tn_ND-MSU_nixon.jpg

coming off a great sweep of the gophers, the sioux have a week off before hosting the mavericks. the mavericks will host micigan tech this coming weekend. so we have some time to kill...SIOUX SWEEP

2006/07 HEAD TO HEAD, 2 GAMES @ MSU

friday october 27th, sioux 5-4 win

saturday october 28th, sioux 8-5 win

SIOUX

Overall Record: 15-11-2 (.571)

WCHA: 9-9-2, 20 points

Home: 6-7-2

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like our schedule the rest of the way. We should be able to do well against Mankato and Duluth and then we have tough opponents in Denver and St. Cloud to help us get ready for the postseason.

It is just amazing how we start to pick up steam in the second half of the season, almost as if we are toying with the competition in the first half.

Any thing than three points for the Sioux is unacceptable and would hurt them in the polls. I believe that the Sioux have to sweep the next 4 games and get 4-5 points against DU and SCSU. I think they can sweep DU in Denver.

The obvious key is to score more than 4 goals in a game. We are what...11-0 now when scoring more than 4 goals. If lammy plays tight and we keep playing physical, we can't lose. Now that the whole team knows what they are capable of and having swept the goofs, they know they can be number one at the end.

GO SIOUX!

I hate going a week without hockey! :ohmy:

The obvious key is to score more than 4 goals in a game. We are what...11-0 now when scoring more than 4 goals. If lammy plays tight and we keep playing physical, we can't lose. Now that the whole team knows what they are capable of and having swept the goofs, they know they can be number one at the end.

GO SIOUX!

I hate going a week without hockey! :ohmy:

This is going to seem really long since we just played so well and I want to have this excitement again right now!

Anything is possible now with the way we are playing.

Hey 01grad I agree with both you & Goon on this one anything is possible. If you asks me I think we should take these series one series at at time & try not to look ahead right off the bat.

2006 NATIONAL CHAMPS IN BOTH BASKETBALL & FOOTBALL UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA GATORS.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Like Minnesota and their penchent for running goaltenders, this next matchup we have to focus on just staying healthy.

MSUM can steal a few points here and there (just ask UW) and plays a style of hockey that really doesn't bode well for players, especially players who are playing injured already.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the week off either after MSUM or between the DU and SCSU tilts.

We're playing so well right now that I get worried about what week off might do to us.

Between DU and SCSU would be an ideal break week. I think we will be fine though because they have so much confidence in themselves now, which both U of M goalies don't have. I think St. Cloud will catch the gophers because they seem really consistent. I hope our series at the end of the year has some implications, but I don't want us to beat St. Cloud to help the gophers, which is why we need to sweep up until then so we can have a shot. We just need to hope that the Colorado teams lose.

I guess it would be tough for us to finish in first after I just did the what if calculator, but it would be nice to knock off some of these other teams. We need to finish higher than 4th to hope we can play some of the bottom teams in the conference for the first round and to help our power rankings.

I guess it would be tough for us to finish in first after I just did the what if calculator, but it would be nice to knock off some of these other teams. We need to finish higher than 4th to hope we can play some of the bottom teams in the conference for the first round and to help our power rankings.

An even more important part of getting into the top three is being guaranteed of avoiding the play-in game at the F5, assuming we win the first round series. DU can attest to that not being a given.

The obvious key is to score more than 4 goals in a game. We are what...11-0 now when scoring more than 4 goals. If lammy plays tight and we keep playing physical, we can't lose.

OK, it's a plan.

When we faced St Cloud in GF we were the better team. They've obviously improved since then, but since Xmas so have we. We won the Friday night game and tied the Saturday night game although some of us thought Chris Porter could have had a penalty shot with 1 second left.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the week off either after MSUM or between the DU and SCSU tilts.

We're playing so well right now that I get worried about what week off might do to us.

That break would be awfully late, but I get what you are saying. This break might actually be good as we would normally be worried about an emotional hangover.

If the Sioux play like they did the last 5+ periods this weekend, there is not a team in the nation that can touch them. However that is a big if. Also I expect a little let-down / rust in 2 weeks. I think MSU wins Friday, and the Sioux win Saturday. Hope I am wrong. :ohmy:

I wouldn't mind having the break one week later, but wouldn't want it between DU and SCSU. That may do us more harm than good by taking us out of synch if we're flying at that time. I think that was one our biggest problems last year between Michigan and BC. IMO, the game against Michigan was the best game we played all year, and we didn't play much worse the next night against Holy Cross. However, it didn't look like we were in synch at all in the first half of the BC game. JPar didn't seem to be seeing the puck as well as he had been, and the passes weren't connecting like they were in the Quarterfinal Round. Didn't like that break than, and I won't like it this year if it happens. This break comes at a nice time, to give the boys one last rest before cranking it up for the final stretch.