SiouxSports.com Forum

Fight after the Sunday night gopher/mavericks game

If only we had Belfour

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the statement in question was made by then-Viking Keith Millard after being pulled over for something in the late 80's or early 90's.

Didn't Millard like run over a sign at a Hardees or something like that down in Mankato? Big scene back in the 1990's.

I think the statement in question was made by then-Viking Keith Millard after being pulled over for something in the late 80's or early 90's.

Well that was last century. No wonder I don't remember it. :ohmy:

I have to agree. Several of the WCHA refs, particularly Shepperd look like they've never even played the game. Shepperd looks like he's ready to fall over everytime he steps on the ice.

I have one last name for you: Shegos. Try the CCHA officials, especially Shegos. Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Didn't Millard like run over a sign at a Hardees or something like that down in Mankato? Big scene back in the 1990's.

Millard did in fact run over the drive-thru sign at the Mankato Hardees (next to the Albatross, both of which I believe are now gone). At some point during the incident Millard uttered those infamous words. However, from what I understand it was mostly a comedic situation that didn't involve any serious resisting.

Summer in Mankato with the Vikings in town - that always made for interesting times. ;)

I live in Mankato and am familiar with the program, although I am a Sioux fan. Jutting is not a goon. He's actually a really nice guy. He's intense for sure. However, what happened, if it did, was totally inappropriate.

Jutting is on the last year of a 4 year contract, his record over those 4 years is well under .500. Maybe the pressure to save his job is taking it's toll. This certainly cannot help. Would Blais be interested in taking on a challenge like this, or would this be too large a step back?

Jutting is on the last year of a 4 year contract, his record over those 4 years is well under .500. Maybe the pressure to save his job is taking it's toll. This certainly cannot help. Would Blais be interested in taking on a challenge like this, or would this be too large a step back?

From what I hear, the Mavs fans are starting to become anzious about Jutting, I don't think he that bad of a coach, his team play with heart but they are not very talented. Seriously, they are in a tough situation. It has to be tough to compete against the likes of UND, UMN, Wisconsin, they are going to get the kids the big schools don't want.

It wouldn't have done any good. Shepherd had already determined that no penalty shot would be awarded. No amount of histrionics by Hakstol would have changed that.

It doesn't matter if it does or doesn't do any good to go after shepherd (he doesn't deserve capital D, nor does his sheep of a brother, or don adams.

If your team deserves, has earned a penalty shot, the ref better effen award the penalty shot. Hak should have pulled a Gwozdecky, stood on the bench, thrown his arms in the air (just because his player took a shot to the balls (THANK YOU PRPICH!, LOL), because that's what a good coach does. Hak needs to pull a Gwozdecky every so often.

You can blame Jutting and Means for acting like two little boys, but blame needs to be put on Doug Shephard (head of Wcha refs?) for the fact that no WCHA ref is accountable for the !@#!$ games that they call. I meant to end this reply at the last sentence, but I started thinking back to highschool. The refs there/then are better, more knowledgeable, less likely to take games into their own hands. Which is $&%&^% word rimes with ducking, and starts wih a capital %&*&%& F.

For those posters that stick up for the REFS, mereley because either they're A) an authority figure, or B) because you've coached on bantams, pull your head out of your ass. THERE NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTABILITY, and there isn't any. NONE, NADA, ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH.

If your team deserves, has earned a penalty shot, the ref better effen award the penalty shot.

Well, he didn't award the shot, and it you think that refs should make decisions during games based on which coach throws the biggest hissy fit, then you better hope that you never get your wish.

By the way, who is "Doug Shephard"?

Apparently some people need to be reminded of the rules.

Abuse of Officials and Other Misconduct

SECTION 1. a. A coach or non-playing person shall not challenge or dispute the rulings of any official before or during a game.

e. A player, coach or non-playing person shall not interfere in any manner with any on- or off-ice official in the performance of their duties.

f. A coach or other non-playing person connected with a team shall not use foul or abusive language; obscene gestures; threatening language or gestures; or other unsportsmanlike conduct to an official or opposing player or otherwise try to influence or intimidate an official or opposing player either before or during a game.

THERE NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTABILITY, and there isn't any. NONE, NADA, ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH.

I am pretty sure that you won't get any argument from me, because I think all the refs in the WCHA suck.

I don't think Champion is much better than Adam, personally, the NHL refs are much better than the college hockey refs

I remember when Herb Brooks was alive I remember him saying that College hockey should use NHL officials.

Don Adam and Derrek Sheppard are the worst. There is no excuse for their crap.

Well, he didn't award the shot, and it you think that refs should make decisions during games based on which coach throws the biggest hissy fit, then you better hope that you never get your wish.

By the way, who is "Doug Shephard"?

Apparently some people need to be reminded of the rules.

I was referring to Greg Shepherd, some people call him Doug, not sure who those people are, but I'm sure they're out there.

I may have been over served last night before I had posted my previous post. But I still think that every now and then a coach needs to fire up his team by throwing a "hissy fit." Rules are made to be broken, if they weren't we wouldn't need Derek out on the ice, or his brother Doug doing whatever it is that he's SUPPOSED to be doing, from where ever he does it from.

I am pretty sure that you won't get any argument from me, because I think all the refs in the WCHA suck.

You know that I've been criticizing the quality of officiating in the WCHA for years. I'm not debating that point. However, I don't agree that the problem can be solved by coaches going bonkers during or after games.

Rules are made to be broken, if they weren't we wouldn't need Derek out on the ice, or his brother Doug doing whatever it is that he's SUPPOSED to be doing, from where ever he does it from.

As I said, be careful about what you wish for. Breaking the rules is a double-edged sword. It cuts both ways.

Derek Shepherd doesn't have a brother named "Doug." He has a father named "Greg." You might be surprised to learn that the father doesn't always agree with the son's calls on the ice.

As I said, be careful about what you wish for. Breaking the rules is a double-edged sword. It cuts both ways.

Derek Shepherd doesn't have a brother named "Doug." He has a father named "Greg." You might be surprised to learn that the father doesn't always agree with the son's calls on the ice.

I stand corrected on Derek and Doug's (this is going to catch on) relationship.

I do realize that when the rules are broken, there will be consequences. Sometimes those consequences are that your team gets fired up, and also one of your guys has to spend a couple minutes in the box. I guess I'm not really sure what you're getting at when you say be careful what you wish for.