SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

Peter Forsberg averages more than 0 goals per season. :) If Glass Joe isn't healthy enough to play, Glass Joe shouldn't play.

i wont call him glass joe but i sure in heck would have had him with a couple goals by now. hope he can pick it up. i know we have not been scoring much overall so hopefully a guy like forney can pick it up along with the lkes of kozek who we really need to step it up as well

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Joe Glass, I was sleeping all day so I didn't catch the joke?

He's Forsberg's and Mapletoft's linemate with the Sioux. :ohmy:

Anyways, it's what I guess they are calling Michael Forney. I don't get it because it is the incorrect application of the term (whereas the FOrsberg reference to Glass Joe is more apt).

Oh well.

He's Forsberg's and Mapletoft's linemate with the Sioux. :ohmy:

Anyways, it's what I guess they are calling Michael Forney. I don't get it because it is the incorrect application of the term (whereas the FOrsberg reference to Glass Joe is more apt).

Oh well.

It is correct in that Forney has missed game time this season due to injury. Is it a fair assertion? No.

I am obviously hoping for a sweep this weekend against Alaska! But that's also what I was hoping for when the Sioux went up there to play, so I have no idea what's going to happen this weekend!!

We've got the WJC boys back, and they seem just fine to me. Kozek's sitting out on Friday, Radke is instead playing forward. Man I don't really know what else to say. I just wish the team the best of luck!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

I think the Sioux will get pay back and sweep this weekend because we need to start a run for the play-off'.. lol

Friday 5-3 Sat 4-2

There was an article in the paper this week where Hakstol basically told his team its time to take your rink back. That has to be one of the best things Hak has said all year. I want to see people get hit, I want people to be afraid to come in the Kitchen (in front of the net). When I used to work out at the airport it wasn't uncommon for opposing players to leave after a weekend of playing UND beat up and wearing cast and walking on crtuches. This year's addition of UND isn't very intimidating nor are they very scarey. The less than intimidating Sioux need to start hitting and hitting hard.

AMEN @ hitting hard! I've had this feeling all week that are team is going to come out and shine. Lets hope this is true! Its hockey day! woohoo! :D I hope for two quick goals to start off the weekend. Not this 0-0 going into the second or even being down going into the second crap. Get a quick start will be key.

VandeVelde and Forney have been disappointments so far and Zajac has gone many games without a goal as well. I did not think that Genoway would be the best freshman out of this class but he has been so far. These guys need to step it up along with Kozek and Watkins if this team is going to make any noise this year. Vande and Forney are goal scorers not checkers and they just are not getting the job done putting the puck in the net. They have had a half season now to adjust to the game, it is time to produce.

VandeVelde and Forney have been disappointments so far and Zajac has gone many games without a goal as well. I did not think that Genoway would be the best freshman out of this class but he has been so far. These guys need to step it up along with Kozek and Watkins if this team is going to make any noise this year. Vande and Forney are goal scorers not checkers and they just are not getting the job done putting the puck in the net. They have had a half season now to adjust to the game, it is time to produce.

they have not been scoring but hak has loved them out there together. looks like forney is sitting tonight but the other 2 are gonna each get a point this weekend :D

they have not been scoring but hak has loved them out there together. looks like forney is sitting tonight but the other 2 are gonna each get a point this weekend :D

Calling Vandevelde a disappointment is one perspective. DAR is right. He hasn't scored any goals yet. But he's made some pretty darn good passes that should have been goals, had they been to a finisher.

Look, I realize that performance is goal-related when it comes to wingers. I can't disagree with DAR in that regard. However, Vandevelde has played well despite not being able to make a pass to someone who can actually bury the puck.

I really like what I've seen from our freshmen this year, but really, the claim that there are no impact freshmen in this class is sadly truthful. That being said, I was thinking that, with our sophomore class being as good as it was, I was thinking the reliance on impact would be coming from them.

I really like what I've seen from our freshmen this year, but really, the claim that there are no impact freshmen in this class is sadly truthful. That being said, I was thinking that, with our sophomore class being as good as it was, I was thinking the reliance on impact would be coming from them.

Well said.

Calling Vandevelde a disappointment is one perspective. DAR is right. He hasn't scored any goals yet. But he's made some pretty darn good passes that should have been goals, had they been to a finisher.

Look, I realize that performance is goal-related when it comes to wingers. I can't disagree with DAR in that regard. However, Vandevelde has played well despite not being able to make a pass to someone who can actually bury the puck.

Bottom line, this freshman class has not come close to producing to the standards of this program. I realize we are only half way through the season but to still have our two biggest name recruits both stuck on 0 goals is a big disappointment.

With the return of Brian Lee and Chorney, you can't forget Chay Genoway. I assume he'll be on line 1 or 2 for even strength and back at the point on the PP. Unfortunately, I don't see Chris Porter on either one of those lines. It's too bad he'll probably stuck on the grind line with Ryland Kaip. Porter shows moments of speed and flash but doesn't have the knack for finishing plays.

Sioux sweep this weekend.

I dont really want to start a thread for this, but in the MN/MSU pregame, Dubay gave his report card. MN had an 'A' and UND had a 'D'. Only UMD and 1 other team (sorry, cant remember who, Mankato maybe) were below us in the report card. :D

What grade would you give the Sioux for their outstanding performance during the first half?? I really hope nothing better than a D!

What grade would you give the Sioux for their outstanding performance during the first half?? I really hope nothing better than a D!

It depends on what you are grading against. There are many teams that would take the Sioux record and feel it is a positive. In terms of the NCAA, it would be hard to imagine that an almost .500 record would be below a C. In terms of the WCHA, and especially Sioux fans expectations, it would be below a C. It depends on what benchmark you are grading against.

It depends on what you are grading against. There are many teams that would take the Sioux record and feel it is a positive. In terms of the NCAA, it would be hard to imagine that an almost .500 record would be below a C. In terms of the WCHA, and especially Sioux fans expectations, it would be below a C. It depends on what benchmark you are grading against.

The first half was worthy of a D. No question this team had a poor first half of the season but that is over and done with. Now is the time to turn the page and turn it around.