SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday at Colorado College

JESUS,family,rutgers

I don't care what anyone says, this entire weekend was a gutsy performance by the Sioux. UND could have just as easily have come out with a sweep or three of four points. Only Zaba kept it from being otherwise.

The season's not over yet. The Sioux have won three of their last four. There's hope.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what anyone says, this entire weekend was a gutsy performance by the Sioux. UND could have just as easily have come out with a sweep or three of four points. Only Zaba kept it from being otherwise.

The season's not over yet. The Sioux have won three of their last four. There's hope.

Are you using the hot goalie excuse. :silly:

UND tied with the BADgers in 5th place. UND needs a sweep next weekend against the Seawolves who are actually coming to UND after the game at SCSU, I guess they aren't going home after the game.

Maybe school isn't starting for them?

What the hell is the deal with the audio feed. Games over so they have to save the batteries for the next game? For the love of god, let's quite acting like Mayville State and update our friggin' technology.

You red the Herald this today right? the liberals want to take funding away from UND

You red the Herald this today right? the liberals want to take funding away from UND

I think your talking about ear marks and how they are going to be a thing of the past. If your concerned write Dorganoff and Conrad and Earl.

Hakstol's comments:

Hell of an effort. Good way to sum it up. We played well last night, but played a little bit better tonight. It was our best game of the year. I like how we competed defensively after CC scored. Gave up very few shots. Bottom line we got enough. Zaba was better tonight. He had to be. He made some big saves tonight.

Guys made good plays, but Zaba made some great saves. Two was enough. We'll take it and move on.

Things change a little bit in this rink, but we don't want to change our whole game because of it. Last weekend we were strong from the middle of the rink out. We got good puck pressure and wore them down from the middle of the second period on.

Transition was good. Every part of our game was very good in all facets. The one area we need to be a little better in is the power play, but we did get one and it was the game winner. It got the job done tonight.

With a depleted team and winning three out of last four on the road was a very good performance. The attitude can't change. We have a lot to prove at home. We haven't got the job done at home. We took a warrior's us against the world on the road. But the position we're in now, we have to win at home. We're in a good position getting the split on the road, even though we wanted more.

Living in Mpls. I am at the epicenter of do gooder liberals that hate athletics. Funny thing though, I don't remember the selling out the Maridouche for a debate on socialized medicine. Hmmm, wonder why?

But I didn't get a chance to read the Herald today. What's the deal?

DAVE HAKSTOL post-game interview:

hell of an effort is a good way to sum it up.... we played well and we have to find a way to play a bit better.... had a lot of very good opportunities... liked the way we competed defensively..... had lots of nice scoring opportunities, bottom line is we had enough to win.... zaba played awesome, had great saves, was very good..... wanted to get better at what we're doing in the middle of the week, last week was ok, last night was good, tonight was just excellent.... let's get good angles and good puck pressure when we can.... every part of our game was pretty good, a very good performance by the team.... pp unit needs to start producing a little more, but we're getting there..... 3 out of 4 is very good, no matter who's in the lineup, attitude can't change.... we have to prove ourselves at home now, haven't been getting the job done, gotta take the same attitude that we've been taking on the road..... we wanted more than the split, but we'll have to take what we've got

STARS OF THE GAME:

3) Chris VandeVelde

2) Rylan Kaip

1) Joe Finley (GWG)

Zaba would be there if he wasn't so biased, but he went with all UND guys haha

7543 attendance

It appears that UND once again has Division 1 goaltending. Next week, add the team's best defenseman and the country's best player, and get a little payback on UAA. Good job by the team holding things together during the WJC.

It appears that UND once again has Division 1 goaltending. Next week, add the team's best defenseman and the country's best player, and get a little payback on UAA. Good job by the team holding things together during the WJC.

Yes. I had visions of this team going 1-3 during this stretch. Going 3-1 on the road against good competition is quite an accomplishment, especially considering who's missing from the lineup.

Hakstol's comments:

Hell of an effort. Good way to sum it up. We played well last night, but played a little bit better tonight. It was our best game of the year. I like how we competed defensively after CC scored. Gave up very few shots. Bottom line we got enough. Zaba was better tonight. He had to be. He made some big saves tonight.

Guys made good plays, but Zaba made some great saves. Two was enough. We'll take it and move on.

Things change a little bit in this rink, but we don't want to change our whole game because of it. Last weekend we were strong from the middle of the rink out. We got good puck pressure and wore them down from the middle of the second period on.

Transition was good. Every part of our game was very good in all facets. The one area we need to be a little better in is the power play, but we did get one and it was the game winner. It got the job done tonight.

With a depleted team and winning three out of last four on the road was a very good performance. The attitude can't change. We have a lot to prove at home. We haven't got the job done at home. We took a warrior's us against the world on the road. But the position we're in now, we have to win at home. We're in a good position getting the split on the road, even though we wanted more.

PCM, U still da man!

Hakstol's comments:

You're definitely better at that than I am!! Good work!