SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs Finland

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if I can call in sick my first day back after holiday break?? I've only been off for 2 weeks, what's one more day? :lol:

Better have some broadband internet, as we'll get streaming French video tomorrow. (Sounds as exotic as a female Finnish hockey player in the press box) :lol:

Better have some broadband internet, as we'll get streaming French video tomorrow. (Sounds as exotic as a female Finnish hockey player in the press box) :lol:

I'm sure I'll have to sit through inservice meetings all day, so I doubt I'll even be able to watch it on broadband. I'll tape it off of NHL Center Ice though.

Nice bounce back by Team USA to win three games in a row like that. Now on to Canada, it will be a tough task with the Canadians rested but they are certainly beatable. The US must play smart hockey and limit the needless penalties. Should be a good game and I think the US will give them a run for their money.

Just read that US will be the home team in tomorrow's game. According to IHF rules, if two teams meet twice in a tournament, the team who was the home team in the first game, will be the visiting team in the 2nd game, regardless of records. Therefore, US will have last line change in tomorrow's game. A small advantage, but we'll take anything we can get!

I would be happy with a medal, I don't see them beating Canada though. Broze would suit me fine.

The Russians and the Canucks are too good.

The US has just as much talent as Canada. The difference is Canada plays its system better and plays better together as a team. The US needs to limit the mistakes and needless penalties and they will be there at the end. They obviously need to play a lot better than they did in the first game against Canada. Three straight wins should give this team some momentum going into tomorrow. I would love to see the US put an end to Canadas quest for gold. Especially after what happened last year in Vancouver.

For those of you in the TC area I picked up the game by accident in my car on AM 660 (which sometimes serves as a second feed for 690 The Score). Not sure if they have any affiliations in ND or even if future games will be broadcast, but I thought some of you could benefit from the heads up if they air the game tomorrow.

The US has just as much talent as Canada. The difference is Canada plays its system better and plays better together as a team. The US needs to limit the mistakes and needless penalties and they will be there at the end. They obviously need to play a lot better than they did in the first game against Canada. Three straight wins should give this team some momentum going into tomorrow. I would love to see the US put an end to Canadas quest for gold. Especially after what happened last year in Vancouver.

The US played a lot better as a team today. One thing I didn't here, which was a first for this tournament, was the defenseman jumping into offensive play, at the wrong time, resulting in odd-man rushes for the Fins. That was a problem in all 4 preliminary round games. The defensemen were still able to score, but they gave up some costly goals doing this earlier in the tournament. Hopefully, they don't derail against the Candians if they get down, and try to do too much.

This is all I could find thus far. It's only up until the end of the 2nd, but I'm assuming the full game will be posted shorlty.

Not if the female Finnish hockey player has anything to say about it. :lol:

I'm sure I'll have to sit through inservice meetings all day, so I doubt I'll even be able to watch it on broadband. I'll tape it off of NHL Center Ice though.

Both semis will be on TSN, not sure if Center Ice will show the Russia/Sweden game, however.

Czechs are getting third period penalties just like Finland, and now trail Sweden 5-1

I watched the game and the Czechs were brutal. They had no D and wouldn't have won a game in the Canada/USA pool. The score would have been much worse if it hadn't been for all the Swede penalties.