SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch kicked off Gophers

Chuck Schwartz

Thought it was interesting....

I was informed by a very, very reliable source last night and then confirmed this morning that Hirsch has been kicked off the team. Last night after the players were all gone Lucia told Equipment manager Harry to remove all of Hirsch's stuff from his locker. The coaches broke the news to him this morning.

What a waste of talent.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me...it's official. It's been reported by two different sources now.

Its not that I dont trust you bucky, I know you have your sources...but it aint official until Lucia says it himself and you know that. Plus seeing as this discussion always leads to some real bad fighting and mocking might as well put it off til we have official confirmation from the team.

I dont post here, and I wont again in any other topic but I think it would be better if this subject was not talked about until it is official. Rumors like this do nothing for anyone.

That is what sites like this are for? What subject, the guy is a waste of talent and has some serious mental issues. Oh well I wish him luck with the mental thing but he is a Goofer.

From GPL

"Tonight's Lines:

Gordon - Wheeler - Barriball

Lucia - O'Brien - Bostrom

Howe - Kaufmann - Flynn

Pohl

Shack - Vannelli

Peltier - Anderson

Goligoski - Fischer

Briggs"

who cares, really.......or are you just posting this as hrisch is not in the lineup??

it was really just a matter of time before this was going to happen. the guy has obvious issues he needs to take care of first off. the L-PET gave him his chances so time to move on for the gophs and let tyler deal....hell of a player when on the ice

who cares, really.......or are you just posting this as hrisch is not in the lineup??

it was really just a matter of time before this was going to happen. the guy has obvious issues he needs to take care of first off. the L-PET gave him his chances so time to move on for the gophs and let tyler deal....hell of a player when on the ice

I meant it to show that he is not in the line up.

Everything I've read there tonight leads me to believe that he is gone - or should be if not yet after lasts nights exhibition. I'm not sure it was handled the most ethically though.

That is what sites like this are for? What subject, the guy is a waste of talent and has some serious mental issues. Oh well I wish him luck with the mental thing but he is a Goofer.

No crap, now we have Gopher fans policing a Sioux message board. If it wasn't for rumors and pontifications void of fact what would we talk about? I guess to each his own. I think Hirsh is a good player and he has some issues but I think this is more about tDon trying to repair his image in the eyes of the univeristy and his peers. Last season there was the impression that Lucia's team was out of control with the Channel 9 report and then the implosion at the end of the season. I am pretty sure last year was a emabarassment to him and he has been making examples out of people to get his message across and to repair his image.

Thats weird what did he do that he took a year off?

He had a moment at the end of their game at the Final Five.

Game over, he stays on the ice, gets a puck, sets it at center ice, goes in to score on an empty net, and crashes into the net. Gets up, skates off.

After that, he had a medical redshirt year off. I believe he had some mental issues that had to be worked through.

If this isn't correct, somebody please correct my post.

I believe that whatever has happened since, may still be related to mental issues he has. This will be a difficult time for Tyler and his family, I wish them all the best as they work through it.

Hirsch could stick handle around many defenders in a phone booth. There has been a lot of speculation that he wouldn't finish the season. It's a shame that a kid who grew up a hockey player can't seem to enjoy himself during what is probably his last year of organized hockey.