SiouxSports.com Forum

USA/Canada World Jr. Game

southpaw

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win for Canada. I hope Johnny T can play like that when he comes back here.

Though Toews hasn't scored at the clip he did last year thus far for the Sioux, he's not exactly playing poorly for the Sioux.

That being said, he's really doing well for Team Canada. Two games, two player of the game honors (one official, the other attributed by a third party, IIRC).

What an absolute joke. What the hell is wrong with the USA? It's happened three straight years now and they've gotten worse each year. Next year they'll probably be relegated, that is if it doesn't happen this year. :huh:

They have the talent but never seem to use it. Yuck.

What an absolute joke. What the hell is wrong with the USA? It's happened three straight years now and they've gotten worse each year. Next year they'll probably be relegated, that is if it doesn't happen this year. :huh:

I didn't say anything about that because I don't know how the relegation system works, but if so, that's a truly sad situation to be in.

Maybe it's time to scrap the current practices entirely and start over.

Is there anything that can be done with the amount of time the team has to play/practice together to make it larger? Or are there certain regulations that they must follow?

I think you need to question the system USA Hockey uses for selecting, coaching and training these teams. It seems to be very hit and miss -- mostly miss.

I think the USA should consider the Canadian system of having a try-out camps.

The bottom two teams from Pool A play the bottom two teams from Pool B for relegation, I believe. That'll be the USA/Slovakia in one pool and Switzerland/Belarus, two teams the US can't beat, in the other pool.

I think you need to question the system USA Hockey uses for selecting, coaching and training these teams. It seems to be very hit and miss -- mostly miss.

I appears to be more of a beauty contest. I question too why Ryan wasn't on the team. The only thing I can think of is he was part of the problem from last season they were talking about. Apparently some of the players didn't get a long too well.

Jack Johnson is 3 and EJ is 6.

Guess it was EJ, then, that got picked and beat by Toews, forcing the stick throwing and penalty shot, then by Helm, who outskated him to the puck. Maybe too much ice time or too long a shift. Doesn't make a big difference, the US team is just not as all around good defensively and in goal as the Canadian team is.