SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

This team is reminding me of the Sioux teams from the early 90's....couple good players (i.e. Greg Johnson, Jason Herter) but not enough talent to compete for anything beyond the regular season.

I love Sioux hockey more than anything but this years team makes it very, very hard to watch and listen week in and week out!

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I no im going to get bashed here bad but how we can we show "class" when we are losing to michigan tech at home, on the verge of getting swept at home for the second straight time, swept by anchorage for the first time since 95

Its a pride thing.

Yes, Finley played pretty physical out there. Chorney and Oshie continue to give their heart and soul to this team. Porter works hard out there, busts his ass. The missing ingredient in my mind, the ever so piss-poor waste of a talent Lamoureux! He absolutely sucked it again, three soft goals for another !@#!$ ass game from him. He needs to get his ass benched, the coaching staff could get smart and bench his pissy sorry ass! Lamoureux is the worst goalie on the team, and is a complete waste of a scholarship, waste of a talent and a total disgrace to the hockey program.

Lamoureux should go back to high school hockey, because that is all he is; a high school star! He can't hack it his first two years here as a !@#!$ back-up, he never will make it as a full-time starter, what a waste of a talent Lammy is!!

You must have been on a roll! You posted the same crap in another thread 7 minutes earlier than this post. Enough of the goalie bashing already. Hope you slept on it and arent quite so abusive today.

I've been critical of the team in the past years, but I think my expectations were so low coming into this year, that I'm not upset.

It seems that this is as good as it gets for the Sioux this year and I'll still come out to watch Oshie and the occasional burst from Toews, but otherwise there isn't much here. I'm not sure what the pros saw in Lee, but it aint there. I don't know how far any team can go with Duncan, Watkins, Miller, Kozek getting significant time and it's obvious that Vandevelde and Forney are going to take time to develop.

Maybe things will get better in the second half.

Maybe.

I've been critical of the team in the past years, but I think my expectations were so low coming into this year, that I'm not upset.

It seems that this is as good as it gets for the Sioux this year and I'll still come out to watch Oshie and the occasional burst from Toews, but otherwise there isn't much here. I'm not sure what the pros saw in Lee, but it aint there. I don't know how far any team can go with Duncan, Watkins, Miller, Kozek getting significant time and it's obvious that Vandevelde and Forney are going to take time to develop.

Maybe things will get better in the second half.

Maybe.

you may be right about Watkins and Kozek, but you KNOW, as well as everyone else does that Duncan is a stud, and has been, and Miller is just now coming out as one as well.

for instance, Miller has 2 goals in the last 2 games, and has 13 points in the 15 games he has played...an average of almost 1 point a game. Thats better than Oshie (13 points/17 games), Porter (12 points/17 games), and only a little behind Toews (13 points/13 games), and Duncan (18 points/17 games). So basically, Miller is one of the ELITE on the team, and maybe that's relative, but points-wise, our boys are at or better than they were last season at this point, which is a testament to the fact that the goaltending must be the main reason we can't win at this point. It's no fluke Miller is an ELITE on the team, he is very good. He just needed a season before he broke out. And now he is. He has kept us in games all season. Hell, last night he kept us from being shutout by MTU for the first time since 1977, so THANK YOU MILLER!!

And Duncan, as I posted in another thread: "At this point last year, Duncan had 13 points (6g,7a), and right now he has 18 points (10g,8a). He is stepping up to be that lead forward needed on every team." This guy is good. You know it, and I know it. So please, don't be so quick to take those 2 guys out at least.

Those 2 guys, Miller and Duncan, are seemingly two of the three most consistent forwards on the team, the third being Toews, followed closely by Porter and Oshie. Don't be too surprised if at least Duncan, if not Miller as well, gets drafted this June, and don't be surprised if Duncan has at least an A before he leaves UND.

EDIT: oh thought i'd add somethin about your reference to "occasional bursts from toews". The kid has a point-per-game average in points. He is already more productive than he was last year at this point, and in less games (due to him being out for 2 games because of his injury). He is one of the only people on the team earning their draft position.

here is the link to the other post i made....plese take the time to read it, anyone, and lemme know what you think....it was posted as of last week...

Team Overview

Were thinking of making a sign saying "all i want for christmas is my two front teeth," after axtell and finley tangle he comes into the box just smiling and he has no front teeth, o did he hear it from us. Also it was great when we mentioned to Kerr about Radke's fight last year, and boy the next time they got together he skated away real quick.

Lastly, where were the fans on Zajac's hit, I swear my friends and I were the only one to see it

EDIT: oh thought i'd add somethin about your reference to "occasional bursts from toews". The kid has a point-per-game average in points. He is already more productive than he was last year at this point, and in less games (due to him being out for 2 games because of his injury). He is one of the only people on the team earning their draft position.

here is the link to the other post i made....plese take the time to read it, anyone, and lemme know what you think....it was posted as of last week...

Oshie had a point last night and he played most of the game dinged up. I like his heart, I would love to see him score a goal. MTU was haching away at him last night, the play where he was checked into the goal posty had to hurt. I thought he had seperated his shoulder ala, Brady Murray, but he was back out there again. The kid must be tough.

Lastly, where were the fans on Zajac's hit, I swear my friends and I were the only one to see it

Are you talking about the one in the second period down in the UND end? There were a lot of good hits in the period, I think I know the one your talking about.

I'm not a big fan of Lammy but it's kinda hard to blame the goalie when the other goalie darn near get's a shutout.

I was at the game and I didn't think we were playing with that much emotion.

I'm pretty sure that the 2nd goal was tipped in with a high stick.

The fact that Lammy turned in a decent effort makes last nights result even more frustrating.

I'll be astounded if either gets drafted. But I think they're both fine players.

neither one of them can be drafted.............not sure what you are talking about..plus who cares, lets win some friken games at UND and they can worry about signing free agent contracts later in life

Were thinking of making a sign saying "all i want for christmas is my two front teeth," after axtell and finley tangle he comes into the box just smiling and he has no front teeth, o did he hear it from us. Also it was great when we mentioned to Kerr about Radke's fight last year, and boy the next time they got together he skated away real quick.

I think that Finley is lucky that Axtell didn't fight him. If Axtell is missing two front teeth it probably means that he has at least been in a fight before. Something we can't say for Finley yet.

People rag on Lamoureux for letting in soft goals. But gee whiz, the guy was getting run all night, including the Axtell play. Did his UND teammates come to his aid? Not really. Finley danced with Axtell and that was about it. TJ Oshie was getting run and hacked all night. Did any of his teammates step up to defend him? Nope. This team is soft, soft, soft, with the exception of Radke and Oshie. Radke is one of the smaller guys on the team but he backs down from no one. Radke would fight any guy on the ice, including Axtell, if the situation called for it. Why, because he has heart. I feel bad for TJ Oshie. The guy is obviously playing hurt and his own teammates just stand by and watch his get cheap shotted all night long. Pathetic.

I think that Finley is lucky that Axtell didn't fight him. If Axtell is missing two front teeth it probably means that he has at least been in a fight before. Something we can't say for Finley yet.

People rag on Lamoureux for letting in soft goals. But gee whiz, the guy was getting run all night, including the Axtell play. Did his UND teammates come to his aid? Not really. Finley danced with Axtell and that was about it. TJ Oshie was getting run and hacked all night. Did any of his teammates step up to defend him? Nope. This team is soft, soft, soft, with the exception of Radke and Oshie. Radke is one of the smaller guys on the team but he backs down from no one. Radke would fight any guy on the ice, including Axtell, if the situation called for it. Why, because he has heart. I feel bad for TJ Oshie. The guy is obviously playing hurt and his own teammates just stand by and watch his get cheap shotted all night long. Pathetic.

Agree with you on all counts with the Oshie and Radke comments, you had to feel terrible for Oshie, but he has heart.

Zajac's hit was the hit of the game against Axtell in the 2nd where he put him on his butt

exactly, they dont come to his defense. there is something to this for sure. i saw it vs sconnie as well. we were 1st row behind the sioux bench/tunnel. its very obvious and about 5-6 of us noticed it when phil was pulled as well.

on oshie, were they really cheapshots?? i wasnt at the game and listening on radio so just wondering. none of the 3 hits were called so were they just great hits on a great player or what??

Oshie had a point last night and he played most of the game dinged up. I like his heart, I would love to see him score a goal. MTU was haching away at him last night, the play where he was checked into the goal posty had to hurt. I thought he had seperated his shoulder ala, Brady Murray, but he was back out there again. The kid must be tough.

oh yeah i know, he is one tough cookie. i wasnt dissing oshie with that comment, i was just saying that toews doesnt just have "occaional bursts" as "shep" put it, and that he is a great player. i was very impressed with oshie's play last night, especially his toughness and heart to stay in that game.

neither one of them can be drafted.............not sure what you are talking about..plus who cares, lets win some friken games at UND and they can worry about signing free agent contracts later in life

i wasnt sure if either could, although now that i think about it, Miller is pretty old. So in this case, ill edit my statement...don't be surprised if either sign contracts with someone, even if they stay in the AHL their whole career (i doubt that for Duncan, but time will tell). :)

you may be right about Watkins and Kozek, but you KNOW, as well as everyone else does that Duncan is a stud, and has been, and Miller is just now coming out as one as well.

for instance, Miller has 2 goals in the last 2 games, and has 13 points in the 15 games he has played...an average of almost 1 point a game. Thats better than Oshie (13 points/17 games), Porter (12 points/17 games), and only a little behind Toews (13 points/13 games), and Duncan (18 points/17 games). So basically, Miller is one of the ELITE on the team, and maybe that's relative, but points-wise, our boys are at or better than they were last season at this point, which is a testament to the fact that the goaltending must be the main reason we can't win at this point. It's no fluke Miller is an ELITE on the team, he is very good. He just needed a season before he broke out. And now he is. He has kept us in games all season. Hell, last night he kept us from being shutout by MTU for the first time since 1977, so THANK YOU MILLER!!

And Duncan, as I posted in another thread: "At this point last year, Duncan had 13 points (6g,7a), and right now he has 18 points (10g,8a). He is stepping up to be that lead forward needed on every team." This guy is good. You know it, and I know it. So please, don't be so quick to take those 2 guys out at least.

Those 2 guys, Miller and Duncan, are seemingly two of the three most consistent forwards on the team, the third being Toews, followed closely by Porter and Oshie. Don't be too surprised if at least Duncan, if not Miller as well, gets drafted this June, and don't be surprised if Duncan has at least an A before he leaves UND.

Team Overview

My point about Toews (whom I like) is that he has those special plays every game and I maybe diminished it by calling them "occasional bursts" but I like him and he's one reason to come out to the games.

I'm not sold on Miller or Duncan, but you've got the numbers there. Leading a weak team in scoring is not a great accomplishment.

I dispute that the main reason the team isn't good is goaltending. It's Defense AND goaltending, but the old Sioux gave up 20 shots a game and this one gives up that many by the beginning of the third period. That makes a big difference to a goalie.

on oshie, were they really cheapshots?? i wasnt at the game and listening on radio so just wondering. none of the 3 hits were called so were they just great hits on a great player or what??

I know the one that took out the goal and Oshie should have been probably an interference call or tripping call. You take your pick on what it is supposed to called, I will go with obstruction mugging too. :)

My point about Toews (whom I like) is that he has those special plays every game and I maybe diminished it by calling them "occasional bursts" but I like him and he's one reason to come out to the games.

I'm not sold on Miller or Duncan, but you've got the numbers there. Leading a weak team in scoring is not a great accomplishment.

I dispute that the main reason the team isn't good is goaltending. It's Defense AND goaltending, but the old Sioux gave up 20 shots a game and this one gives up that many by the beginning of the third period. That makes a big difference to a goalie.

yeah defense is a huge part if it as well. i forgot to say that, i just meant that, although overall the offense is not as strong as the past, it's not the main reason we keep losing. and you are right, goaltending, ALONG WITH DEFENSE, is the reason.

I said it earlier, the boys need to get pissed!!!! They need to go out there and start hurting people. Not for the sake of hurting someone but knocking someone on their ass to take the puck from them. Send someone flying when they're messing in front of the goalie. Make someone bleed when they cheap shot a fellow player.

:) I WANT TO SEE RAGE ON THE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Then we'll see game winning goals.

I said it earlier, the boys need to get pissed!!!! They need to go out there and start hurting people. Not for the sake of hurting someone but knocking someone on their ass to take the puck from them. Send someone flying when they're messing in front of the goalie. Make someone bleed when they cheap shot a fellow player.

:) I WANT TO SEE RAGE ON THE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Then we'll see game winning goals.

Your now appointed coach.

The people that are concerned about this team being soft right now are RIGHT ON! F$%K more cowbell, we need more GRIT!

Actually it sucked not having the band and the cow bell dude last time wasn't very energetic.

We need some wins I don't care how we get them if we have to beg, borrow and steal so be it.