SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

nodak.gifVStech3.gif

OK, nothing to say before this series. bottom line. 2 WINS....................................

LETS GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SIOUX RADIO/WEBCAST

http://fightingsioux.com/info/broadcast/

FROM BRAD

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND's lines

16-Ryan Duncan--7-T.J. Oshie--5-Chay Genoway

24-Chris Porter--20-Matt Watkins--14-Brad Miller

21-Erik Fabian--8-Ryan Martens--10-Andrew Kozek

29-Chris VandeVelde--11-Darcy Zajac--18-Michael Forney

6-ZachJones--4-Taylor Chorney

26-Kyle Radke--22-Brian Lee

2-Joe Finley--28-Robbie Bina

1-Phil Lamoureux

31-Anthony Grieco

30-Aaron Walski

Michigan Tech's lines

11-Jordan Foote--16-Tyler Skworchinski--19-Jimmy Kerr

14-Peter Rouleau--18-Alex Gagne--9-Malcolm Gwilliam

7-Alex Lord--13-Ryan Angelow--21-Ryan Bunger

26-Phil Axtell--17-Mike Batovanja

10-John Schwarz--6-Lars Helminen

12-Geoff Kinrade--5-Drew Dobson

4-Mark Malekoff--24-Jake Wilkens

20-Eli Vlaisavljevich

37-Rob Nolan

29-Michael-Lee Teslak

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hak pre-game comments:

Both teams in the building tonight need points.

In many ways, we've been getting better and better, but when things aren't going your way, pretty good isn't good enough. Need some special performances by some of the players.

Stick with basics. Need to get scoring from the depth of our lineup. Didn't get enough offense last weekend from two of our lines. That's a real key place for us to start.

Tonight, if we can get a one-goal lead, can we build on that? A lot of times that we've done that, we haven't been able to build on that.

Hopefully team speed will come to the table. Going to have to do it because they're a very good team defensively. We're going to have to be good. Going to have to come shift after shift.

Very well could come down to specialty teams, goaltending and bounce of the puck. Want all of them on our side tonight.

Goaltending is a building process. Phil coming off the injury, it really is a process. Can't just jump back in and feel that you're 100%. He's a competitve guy. Doesn't need any pressure from us or anyone else.

Hope the guys, like Kozek, Zajac, Vande Velt feel more responsibility with Toews out of the lineup.

Hope our fans can generate excitement. Hope we can give them something to be excited about. Excitement is huge to us.

Coach Russel's pre-game comments:

North Dakota's had some pretty darn good hockey team's here, which leads to our lack of success here.

Played some very good games, ran in to some very hot goaltenders. Goepfert stole won for SCSU. Been hard to play hard but come away with no points in the league.

Knew we were going to be challenged in scoring goals this year, so we've had to tighten up defensively, which we've done.

Just came off playing the Gophers, so we should be used to the speed North Dakota brings.

Have two talented kids in the net.

I have to disagree with one of Hak's comments. If the pressure from coaches or anyone else is getting to Lammy then he needs a break. Successful goalies have to play through stress and adversity regardless of where it is coming from. Recall how cool and collected both Karl and Jordy always were.

Successful goalies have to play through stress and adversity regardless of where it is coming from.

I agree with this but have to believe that Hak sees something in the boy that keeps him starting in goal. If not in Philippe maybe he's NOT seeing something in Greico yet.

I agree with this but have to believe that Hak sees something in the boy that keeps him starting in goal. If not in Philippe maybe he's NOT seeing something in Greico yet.

could care less who is in net. just make some friken great saves along with the good ones and make a difference in a game or two...sometimes you need that and that would be nice to start tonight. come on sioux

Interview with Lammy:

Look at our last month, I think we've won 1 of last 6. I think everyone in the lineup has to get a little better and little more consistent. Have to get a little bit better defensively. Play within our system. Tighten up defensively so we don't have to put ourself in that position. Also, stay out of the box. Been taking penalties in the 3rd period to put us on the PK.

The thing that's been difficult since the injury is that I still feel it every day. It's tolerable so I can play, but I've never had something that's lingered this long. For me personally, I just have to keep pushing forward. I know that things haven't gone well for me statistically or wins wise, and that's what you want. But I think it's just a matter of time until the tide turns and good things start happening. I have to put it together for both nights. When I can do that, I think I can be one of the top goaltenders in the league. I need to focus on the positives on what I am doing good.

We go on a little bit of a break after this weekend, so our focus is on this weekend. Tech has beaten some good hockey teams as well so we understand they'll be a tough test. We'd like to leave on a good note, and use this as a springboard for the second half of the season.

Interview with Lammy:

Look at our last month, I think we've won 1 of last 6. I think everyone in the lineup has to get a little better and little more consistent. Have to get a little bit better defensively. Play within our system. Tighten up defensively so we don't have to put ourself in that position. Also, stay out of the box. Been taking penalties in the 3rd period to put us on the PK.

The thing that's been difficult since the injury is that I still feel it every day. It's tolerable so I can play, but I've never had something that's lingered this long. For me personally, I just have to keep pushing forward. I know that things haven't gone well for me statistically or wins wise, and that's what you want. But I think it's just a matter of time until the tide turns and good things start happening. I have to put it together for both nights. When I can do that, I think I can be one of the top goaltenders in the league. I need to focus on the positives on what I am doing good.

We go on a little bit of a break after this weekend, so our focus is on this weekend. Tech has beaten some good hockey teams as well so we understand they'll be a tough test. We'd like to leave on a good note, and use this as a springboard for the second half of the season.

yeah great, now go win a game phil. i have faith in you but you have to show the talent......and if hes not fully healthy and hes the best we got, thats not a good sign for grieco, at all