SiouxSports.com Forum

State High School Hockey

hockeynut

The Pack-attack gets on track and smacks back at Fylling's old pack in the House of Zack? That's whack! :0

How many people outside of West Fargo picked them to win? Be honest here. ;)

WF's goalie, Nick Reinisch, was WF's starting tailback and carried them to the State AAA football title last fall. The kid is having a senior year.

The Pack-attack gets on track and smacks back at Fylling's old pack in the House of Zack? That's whack! ;)

How many people outside of West Fargo picked them to win? Be honest here. :0

WF's goalie, Nick Reinisch, was WF's starting tailback and carried them to the State AAA football title last fall. The kid is having a senior year.

Beauty rhyme sic :0

The Pack-attack gets on track and smacks back at Fylling's old pack in the House of Zack? That's whack!

And I'm not on crack, with the lightnin' snap the Pack-attack gave the biscuit a crack, a mighty smack, during the OT track, to come on back, the next night, and make another snack of some unsuspecting jack and turn their season black. It's a fact. Keepin' it real. Wu-u-urd-up to yo' mama. :0 :0

Sorry, but I don't believe the rap community has anything to fear from me. ;)

I was at all games.

Grand Forks central WACKED Devils lake 9-0 and should win the tournament

GPR beat Century 3-2 in a very evenly matched game.

Red River beat a young Bismarck team 3-2. Red River seemed to be the better team, but Bismarck should be strong next year.

West Fargo came back late to beat a better Minot team. Shots were heavily on the side of Minot, but supposedly West Fargo has an awesome goalie. I wouldn't say either of West Fargo's goals were good ones, but then again i was on the opposite side of the area.

I don't know why West teams can occasionaly beat these east teams in regular season play, but when it comes to the postseason it seems to be cursed. Oh well, the west has their dominate sports too.

Another clean sweep for the boys from the East. I though Minot would have a chance against West Fargo.

West Fargo 2-1 over Minot in OT

RR over Bismarck 3-2

Grafton P/R over Bismarck Century 3-2

Central over Devils Lake 9-0

No matter the outcome, it's very apparent that the gap between the West and East is getting smaller and smaller every year. The east has many advantages that the west doesnt have though, mainly depth of competition. After Bismarck High, Century and Minot it drops off quite a bit, plus the east gets the opportunity to play against more minnesota opponents.

Rent "8 Mile"? Naw, I just got inspired.

And I didn't hack or talk much smack on my fast-track; I'm a throw-back, to the days we lack.

I'm no a political hack, not some Jacque Chirac, so let me double back, to the new found yack for the Pack-attack. Now I'll jump back, big daddy mack ! ;)

This thing could be contageous. I'd better start finding words that rhyme with Sioux. :0

How good is Central? Holy Moses! 6-0 after the 2nd. I don't remember a team so dominating. There probably was way back when with Gambucci's teams.

Do you mean the game or the team in general.... cuz i think the red river team of 2 years ago was better and more dominanet.

Red River with Ziggy, Potulny and Irmen was pretty good as was the Red River team from 98(?) I think. Maybe it was just because I hadn't really been paying attention this year and didn't think Central was really as great as their record. They are much better then I thought they were though. Knocking the snot out of DL wasn't that suprising, but smacking around Grafton is. This team doesn't give up goals. Moreland's stats are amazing and that is an understatement.

It should be pointed out that Central dismantled Grafton even though Jacques Lamoureux--arguably the Knights top offensive player during the regular season--didn't play for most of the game. He suffered a broken wrist early in the second period.

It's hard to judge teams from different eras, but there are a lot of knowledgable hockey people who say this year's Central team is as good as they've seen in a long time.

It's hard to believe that Phil Lamoureux, who I believe would have been a senior at Central this year, and Kasey Moreland are the same age. Has any high school school ever produced two division I-caliber goalies from the same class?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a comprehensive High School Hockey ratings system at this site: Mitch Hawker Ratings, much like the college basketball RPI. A team like GFCentral, which played weaker lines for extended times against low rated schools like Wahp/Breck, gets hurt when it does not to run up the score. For comparison sakes, Central beat Warroad, the Mn Class A champ and was rated ahead of Anoka, the Mn Class AA champ. There was also a discussion of GFC on a Minnesota High School Board: How would GFCentral do at Minnesota State?

The ratings for the top twenty teams (out of 275 in MN-WI-ND) are:

RANK TEAM ---------------------------------------W L T GmPerf Sched Total Last 5

1,Eden Prairie,MN,___________________ 22 3 3, 2.4, 10.1, 12.46, 12.64 2,Roseville,MN,______________________ 23 3 2, 2.5, 9.5, 12.00, 12.35

3,Holy Angels,MN,____________________ 24 2 2, 3.0, 8.6, 11.60, 11.53

4,Bloom Jefferson,MN,________________ 18 6 2, 1.4, 10.2, 11.60, 11.11 5,Eastview,MN,_______________________ 16 8 4, 1.0, 10.4, 11.40, 11.08

6,White Bear Lake,MN,________________ 21 6 1, 1.6, 9.8, 11.38, 11.02 7,Warroad,MN,________________________ 25 2 1, 2.7, 8.7, 11.37, 11.58 8,Moorhead,MN,_______________________ 20 2 5, 2.1, 9.2, 11.33, 12.07 9,Edina,MN,__________________________ 23 3 2, 2.0, 9.3, 11.29, 11.26

10,Apple Valley,MN,___________________ 18 7 2, 1.2, 9.9, 11.13, 10.59

11,Grand Forks Central,ND,____________ 26 1 0, 2.9, 8.2, 11.05, 11.61

12,Elk River,MN,______________________ 20 6 1, 1.8, 9.2, 11.04, 10.56 13,Anoka,MN,__________________________ 22 4 1, 2.1, 8.8, 10.94, 11.42

14,Coon Rapids,MN,____________________ 21 5 1, 1.8, 8.9, 10.73, 9.72

15,Duluth East,MN,____________________ 14 10 4, 0.6, 10.1, 10.71, 11.86 16,Chaska,MN,_________________________ 13 12 2, 0.4, 10.1, 10.55, 10.93 17,Blake,MN,__________________________ 21 5 1, 1.9, 8.5, 10.44, 9.43

18,N St Paul,MN,______________________ 22 5 0, 2.1, 8.3, 10.41, 10.15

19,St Cloud Tech,MN,__________________ 21 4 2, 2.1, 8.3, 10.39, 9.57

20,Hill-Murray,MN,____________________ 19 7 1, 1.1, 9.2, 10.39, 9.82

So much for ratings. Anoka took care of Roseville and Holy Angels in the State Tourney. Ratings tend to be slanted toward offense. Anoka was very physical with the teams they played. They were the first team to hold Roseville to less than 2 goals all year. Central could have been competitive. They would have been a good sectional team in AA, maybe not a state champion. Of course playing tougher competition in the Twin Cities over a season would have made Central better.