SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley

bubble874

Did anyone else see the game winning goal given up by Finley??? 15 feet off your man that ends up scoring the game winner top shelf is not going to cut it. Finley needs to start playing like Bina, who happens to bring the most physical game and is one of the smallest frames on the ice. Pretty sure some butts need to be sat in order to get this D situation straightened out. Just because your an NHL draft pick does not mean you get playing time night in and night out regardless of performance. This is a disgrace to our team, history, and tradition.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost us 2 games vs wisconsin, pathetic. Finely is terrible. We need to cut him from the lineup, anyone from central or red river, or even intramurals can tie up a stick on a 2 on 2, and not create a scoring situation. That was the worst play i have ever seen, sure lamouroux caused a huge rebound, but if anyone else was on D they coulda tied up their man and not allowed a shot. He sucks. I am tired of people defending him.

Very true about Finley here, but guess what? Lammy blows all over the ice, cost two games against Wisconsin when we scored at least or above Elliott's goals-against average. Three goals Friday night, two tonight and we lose both games at home. Why? Because we played piss-poor Lamoureux who certainly can't make a save when his team needs one. He doesn't bail out our team when they make a mistake like the GOOD goalies do. Take Elliott for example, he made huge saves both games that preserved the lead last night and tonight for the Badgers sweep at the REA. We got swept by the diving Badgers for the second year in a row!!! Thanks a lot Lammy, what a waste of a talent you are! You're going to be the greatest washout to ever play goalie at the University, you're a disgrace to this program and tradition!!

Very true about Finley here, but guess what? Lammy blows all over the ice, cost two games against Wisconsin when we scored at least or above Elliott's goals-against average. Three goals Friday night, two tonight and we lose both games at home. Why? Because we played piss-poor Lamoureux who certainly can't make a save when his team needs one. He doesn't bail out our team when they make a mistake like the GOOD goalies do. Take Elliott for example, he made huge saves both games that preserved the lead last night and tonight for the Badgers sweep at the REA. We got swept by the diving Badgers for the second year in a row!!! Thanks a lot Lammy, what a waste of a talent you are! You're going to be the greatest washout to ever play goalie at the University, you're a disgrace to this program and tradition!!

Sounds like you are taking the results of a lost girlfriend of rough childhood out on somebody who is actually doing somthing with their life. Im sorry that you never made it in hockey, or that Phil always made the team over you, but to go on a rant like that is ridiculous. He knows better than anybody what he is capable of doing and I can guarantee he is working harder than you can imagine to improve every aspect of his game. In the meantime, I dont think a little support would hurt.

Guess what, did I ever say that I played hockey? No, I never played hockey in my life and have never had anything like a girlfriend lost to Lammy. He just plain out can't win games for UND. Should a coach play a goalie because he's a good individual or a decent player overall? Or should the coach play the goalie who gives the team best chance to win? When has Lammy won a game for UND? How many games has he been so poor that if UND makes two mistakes it costs them the entire game. Elliott, does he give his team a chance to win every night? Hell yeah he does, Lammy doesn't help the team at all. He gives up bad goals, does not make the saves he needs to, and Hakstol said that in Friday night's post-game show. I quote Hakstol here, "He didn't make the saves he needed to make."

I think we are all being a little harsh, but our frustrations are warranted. Lammy is not a BAD goalie, he's just not playing like a very GOOD one right now. Maybe he never will, but I would like to hope that things will change for him. Finley is a BIG boy, he just needs to start using that size to knock some opponents on their behinds. I have given up hope of this team winning the McNaughton, but they could still end up with home ice in the first round, if they can get it together.

Happy to have Finley...

finley is one of those guys like brian boyle, he wont do as much as people think because hes a 1st rounder. but when he gets to next year and the year after(he will likely be a Sr. here), he will be very good. i think its interesting that the top 4 threads are stuff about how the team, coach, or finley sucks. dont forget that wisco is a good team...i agree there are some rough spots on the team, but they have also had a difficult opening schedule. look at DU's schedule compared to UND's.

Exactly, stop talking.

While I can't say I share the same point of view as this guy, what's up with the stop talking jargon? Are you insinuating that just because a fan may have never played the sport, they know nothing about it or can't critique it?

So if I recall, a year ago when the Sioux were struggling, half the posters on this board were saying play Lammy rather than Parise. Two years ago, people were saying that Greene takes untimely penalties and he'll never amount to much in the NHL. It's amazing to see how many different players can be criticized during low points of a season. If you add it all the criticisms together, North Dakota doesn't have a good player on it's team outside of maybe Duncan, Miller, and Bina. It's one thing to say a player is performing below expectations, but if Lammy and Finley turn things around or the team starts winning, half the people who were criticizing will become supporters of these individuals.

So if I recall, a year ago when the Sioux were struggling, half the posters on this board were saying play Lammy rather than Parise. Two years ago, people were saying that Greene takes untimely penalties and he'll never amount to much in the NHL. It's amazing to see how many different players can be criticized during low points of a season. If you add it all the criticisms together, North Dakota doesn't have a good player on it's team outside of maybe Duncan, Miller, and Bina. It's one thing to say a player is performing below expectations, but if Lammy and Finley turn things around or the team starts winning, half the people who were criticizing will become supporters of these individuals.

Sure they will and I don't see anything wrong with it. These players get huge amounts of praise when they play well and should expect negativity when they don't. It's a two way street.

Guess what, did I ever say that I played hockey? No, I never played hockey in my life and have never had anything like a girlfriend lost to Lammy. He just plain out can't win games for UND. Should a coach play a goalie because he's a good individual or a decent player overall? Or should the coach play the goalie who gives the team best chance to win? When has Lammy won a game for UND? How many games has he been so poor that if UND makes two mistakes it costs them the entire game. Elliott, does he give his team a chance to win every night? Hell yeah he does, Lammy doesn't help the team at all. He gives up bad goals, does not make the saves he needs to, and Hakstol said that in Friday night's post-game show. I quote Hakstol here, "He didn't make the saves he needed to make."

You are really making zero good points here. First off, unless you know "Lammy" on a personal level lets call him by his real name, Phil, or else Lamoureux. To this point maybe Lamoureux has yet to "win" a game for the Sioux, but I would not be so quick to say that he has lost a game for the team either. Your lack of hockey experience is very obvious when you are so quick to blame one person for a loss. You then bring Elliot into the conversation by saying he gives his team a chance to win every night, guess what buddy, Brian Elliot is probably the best goalie in the country and if Brian Elliot was on the Sioux Im pretty sure he would be playing. The bottom line is that right now Lamoureux is the best goalie the Sioux have. Greico was given his shot and he played a couple good games but I would not say he was any better than Lamoureux has been. Another thing to remember is, you are not their everyday in practice, coach Hakstol is and he knows which goalie gives his team the best chance to win. Even though you may disagree, I can guarantee you that Hakstol wants to win worse than anybody on this message board and he will play whichever goalie he thinks gives his team the best chance to win.

You are really making zero good points here. First off, unless you know "Lammy" on a personal level lets call him by his real name, Phil, or else Lamoureux.

You lost me after that stupid comment. Fans commonly refer to players by nicknames. Is "Lammy" different for some reason?

You are really making zero good points here. First off, unless you know "Lammy" on a personal level lets call him by his real name, Phil, or else Lamoureux. To this point maybe Lamoureux has yet to "win" a game for the Sioux, but I would not be so quick to say that he has lost a game for the team either. Your lack of hockey experience is very obvious when you are so quick to blame one person for a loss.

First of all, his real name is Philippe so if we are going with real names that is what we would call him. Also, T.J. would be Timothy and Chay would be Charles. Part of the nicknames is that the fans feel like they know the guys because we see them every Friday and Saturday during the season. Yes, I know that we don't really know them but until the players complain, I think you shouldn't either.

Secondly, You state that we are so quick to blame one person for a loss, but right before that you state that PHILIPPE has never "won" a game for us which if hockey is a team sport then one player does not "win" games for us either. Hockey is a team sport and the team needs to win or lose it together.

You are really not making good points either.

So true. All the "he sucks" comments and BS about these guys not having the talent to play are laughable. Being frustrated on how the season is going is understandable, personally ripping players is bush league.

However, as a perk to all you die hard program supporters, I have set up a meet and greet with big Joe where you can all personally tell him how you feel, face to face. I booked a small room as I don't expect many attendees. :blush:

So true. All the "he sucks" comments and BS about these guys not having the talent to play are laughable. Being frustrated on how the season is going is understandable, personally ripping players is bush league.

However, as a perk to all you die hard program supporters, I have set up a meet and greet with big Joe where you can all personally tell him how you feel, face to face. I booked a small room as I don't expect many attendees. :blush:

Amen

Will alcohol be made available?