SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

I just got back from Joe Sensors and I think that they played an ok game. Porter hits the post and CC comes down and scores, it is a game of inches. This team will not win untill they get production from everybody. I think that it is a must win for Sat. Is it just me or everytime I would glance over to watch the Minn game they are always on a PP?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope Toews and Oshie stick around at least another year cause it will be scary to see what this team looks with out them in the next couple years.

lets worry about the team THIS year and worry about players leaving when its over

I'm not saying he sucks, but Lammy played a bad game tonight. This team also needs to become more self-disciplined or in other words keep the penalties down, especially at the end of a close game, but that's part of an early season. Kozek probably should've had two goals tonight, let's hope that if this team can click they will score on chances like that at the end of the year. Yes Finley isn't playing well, but IMO Smaby wasn't exactly a great defenseman his first year in a half. Tommorow is an important game, not saying it is a must win, but they're playing with their backs to the wall at home and something needs to shift the momentum of this team.

-Smaby was never a great defensmen, unless great means coughing the puck up in the nuetral zone frequently or having a tough time transistioning. Generally coachs are sad when a player gets called up to the next level, in his case as in finleys future case they probably helped him pack his bags.

-Phil didn't have a chance on either of the goals I saw (McCuluchs or Hillen's), but 4 goals is still weak. Atleast it wasn't to anchorage or all in the same period.

-keys to success- Radke Alot more ice time. Vande Velde, Toews, Porter, Duncan, Oshie, Bina, Jones, Chorney more ice time. Kozek , Watkins less ice time. Kiap much much less ice time. Finley no ice time. Everyone else neutral.

-Smaby was never a great defensmen, unless great means coughing the puck up in the nuetral zone frequently or having a tough time transistioning. Generally coachs are sad when a player gets called up to the next level, in his case as in finleys future case they probably helped him pack his bags.

-Phil didn't have a chance on either of the goals I saw (McCuluchs or Hillen's), but 4 goals is still weak. Atleast it wasn't to anchorage or all in the same period.

-keys to success- Radke Alot more ice time. Vande Velde, Toews, Porter, Duncan, Oshie, Bina, Jones, Chorney more ice time. Kozek , Watkins less ice time. Kiap much much less ice time. Finley no ice time. Everyone else neutral.

you should really call up hak tonight and make sure he does all these suggestions if we have a chance to win a game, hell while you are at it, see if he needs another assistant ;):D

lets try to give up less than 4 goals a game and see if we can get a W

*My shot at coach!!!! :D;):huh:

when at full health

Toews

Oshie

Duncan

---gonna have to ride this line, gonna be tough on the road though as teams will put their "grab and tackle" line against them

Watkins

Zajac

Fabian

---hopefully get some offense out of them, but this line needs to not be on the ice when the other team scores

Porter

Kozek

Miller

---same as above, could be a good energy line, Kozek needs to start playing sound hockey again like he did down the stretch last season(he is a frustrated goal scorer and is forcing too much right now and we end up in some bad situations)

Martens

Kaip

Vandevelde(Bishop, Forney)

--- or whoever steps up

Genoway

Jones

---if Lee and Finley are not going to be a physical prescence, might as well have Genoway back there, he is more skilled and hits as much as either of them

Bina

Chorney

--Chorney started year slow, but seems to be playing better now

Radke

Lee or Finley

--maybe bench both Lee and Finley a game and put Foyt out there and then see which one of them wants to pick up there game???

*there. now people can pick me apart and let Hakstol figure out how to get the most out of this team, I think his track record is enough for me to trust him. :(

*My shot at coach!!!! :D;):huh:

when at full health

Toews

Oshie

Duncan

---gonna have to ride this line, gonna be tough on the road though as teams will put their "grab and tackle" line against them

Watkins

Zajac

Fabian

---hopefully get some offense out of them, but this line needs to not be on the ice when the other team scores

Porter

Kozek

Miller

---same as above, could be a good energy line, Kozek needs to start playing sound hockey again like he did down the stretch last season(he is a frustrated goal scorer and is forcing too much right now and we end up in some bad situations)

Martens

Kaip

Vandevelde(Bishop, Forney)

--- or whoever steps up

Genoway

Jones

---if Lee and Finley are not going to be a physical prescence, might as well have Genoway back there, he is more skilled and hits as much as either of them

Bina

Chorney

--Chorney started year slow, but seems to be playing better now

Radke

Lee or Finley

--maybe bench both Lee and Finley a game and put Foyt out there and then see which one of them wants to pick up there game???

*there. now people can pick me apart and let Hakstol figure out how to get the most out of this team, I think his track record is enough for me to trust him. :(

My turn:

Oshie

Toews

Duncan

They should give you a couple a game

Porter

Vande Velde

Zajac

Put Vande Velde with people who can score and he can light it up. Porter is solid, Zajac is also.

Miller

Fabian

Forney

Home ice specialty, put them out against the other teams 1st unit and free up oshie,toews, duncan.

Martens

or

Watkins

or

Kiap or whoever else

I wouldn't dress a forth line. I'd go seven D and 3 goalies.

Radke- Chorney

Perfect pair to play with the first line. Two solid skaters and passers.

Genoway-Lee

Some offensive punch to supplement Porters line.

Jones-Bina

Two hard working D. Perfect to shut down opponents first unit.

Foyt

Just incase a D goes down.

Alritey, here I am for my post-game comments. I was at the game tonight. My friends and I sat in the upper bowl tonight, which is not where I'm used to sitting.

1) I don't know what all of you are complaining about this game for. I thought it was a pretty decent Sioux hockey game, much better playing I've seen than in the last couple weeks. But you are right on one thing... these guys need to start getting some TEAM chemistry going or else not much is going to be accomplished. And that could make for a really long year!

2) We did however seem to be getting clobbered on by CC a lot. Most of the hits were Sioux players getting hit. It's kinda ironic when the best hit in the game is the ref getting hit haha! I believe we were also outshot, but I'm not totally sure. Someone will probably correct me on that one.

3) I'm not a huge fan of any of our defensemen right now. I think Lee played pretty well this game though, considering that I don't think he's very good. He seemed to be catching a lot of the pucks and keeping them from going into our zone. He may have potential. I think if the defense works together and stuff, they can all have potential. I'm not giving up on any of these guys! As a Sioux fan, I feel it's my duty to have hope for everyone!

4) Phil didn't seem like he was 100% for tonight's game. He seemed to be moving pretty slow, and he let in some really weak goals. I'm not blaming our goalies for everything, because they obviously can't do their jobs if nobody else is gunna do their jobs!! Phil will start tomorrow, I hope, so that he can get back into the groove of things. He's been pretty solid for us before getting hurt. We have to give him and our other goalies a chance. Don't just give up on them after we lose a game! As for CC, their goalie was pretty good, I was impressed.

5) Stop blaming the coaching staff whenever we lose too. It just seems like everyone's throwing in the towel and giving up faith. We keep talking about how young our team is, and that can't be an excuse forever. With people leaving early for the NHL, lots of teams are going to keep getting younger. We have to remember that our coaching is fairly young too. Hak's only been here a couple years. Give the guy a chance, he led us to 2 Frozen Fours. Hopefully we'll get to another one this year!!

6) This doesn't have a whole lot to do with the game, but we were sitting next to the Warroad hockey team tonight. Does TJ's dad or uncle coach for them or something?? And is there a tourney in town?? Also, we were highly amused with the Gopher fans sitting in our section. They would cheer when both teams scored, yet they were giving us so much crap that by the end of the game, we were all just getting pissed at them lol.

Alritey, well that's all I've got for ya tonight. I'm sure I'll post this and remember other stuff, but oh well. I'm gunna go watch some TV and hit up my bed. It was a fun game to be at tonight other than it was pretty quiet most of the time. I'm not giving up on these guys, and I don't think any of you guys should either. Gotta have faith and cheer our boys to victory!!

LET'S GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!! FIRE UP AND WIN!!!

Wow! I have bled Sioux green for almost 30 years, and this could be the worst team I have ever seen. We don't move the puck, we don't play sound positional hockey. Aside from Toews,Duncan, Oshie and Porter, the team is pathetic. They need a big time wake up call. Noone moves their feet. Now Zaba robbed both Oshie and Duncan tonight with the glove, but all the opportunities were generated by the four guys I mentioned. We can't even roll two effective lines.I live in Minny, and I am not going to have a good Monday.

Actually, the Sioux were in a comfortable game up 2-1 when Porter started trying to get fancy with the puck in his own end and turned it over. CC proceeded to crash the net and Jones went psycho again and on the PP CC tied the game and the Sioux comfort level was gone. Otherwise, I totally agree that the other three players (DOT) were the only ones who had their head in the game for 60 minutes. As for the debate regarding Lee, he needs to be a leader on this teams blueline rather than one of its achilles heels. He is young, but as a top 10 NHL draft pick he shouldn't have been beat the way he was last night. He needs to step up his game as the Sioux need Matt Carle type leadership from him. Finally, sorry GF natives but Lammy didn't look any better than the 17 year old. Bottom line is that alot of players on this team aren't contributing enough at the moment.

It seems that in college hockey, goaltending is everything: Those who have it, ride it to National championship games. Those who don't, lose to Holy Cross in the quarters. Great goalies SAVE GAMES and give their team a chance to win on nights when the guys on the ice aren't at their best and are making glaring errors. I remember a few times last year when the puck was turned over in much the same way as last night, and "game" saves were made. So it's important that Lammy start making a few game saves. I'm not sure he can do this right now. I don't think he has the confidence it takes right now.

What I saw last night was this: Lammy made the easy saves (if there is such a thing). He was hung out to dry on a turnover and promptly five-holed on the third goal. The first was screened and he had no chance. The other two appeared to be fluke goals that went into the net as a result of very poor positioning by everyone, especially Lammy...

I am hopeful that Lammy will regain is confidence and be more aggressive in the net. If he doesn't, Hak will eventually have to pick a different horse to ride...

That's IT! This team clearly needs more support from fans at Joe Senser's. Runninwiththedogs, 01grad, 7>5, Smoggy...who's with me at Senser's tonite? I'll even have little MafiaMan with me!

Sorry dude. Went home to EGF. Was at the game last night though. Not sure about tonight. They lose everytime I go.

Someone wondered earlier about who else improved from last year. I would say Porter has. He's getting points this year and was the only one truly hitting guys last night.

That brings me to my problem with this team. We don't hit anymore. Teams don't fear us. Dare I say we've become the Gophers!?

Someone wondered earlier about who else improved from last year. I would say Porter has. He's getting points this year and was the only one truly hitting guys last night.

That brings me to my problem with this team. We don't hit anymore. Teams don't fear us. Dare I say we've become the Gophers!?

the gophers with WAY less talent maybe.

Sorry dude. Went home to EGF. Was at the game last night though. Not sure about tonight. They lose everytime I go.

Better come to the game. They HAVE to get their heads together and come up with a win.

Besides, I brought you that polar bear back from Alaska, and he wants to go home with his new owner.

Better come to the game. They HAVE to get their heads together and come up with a win.

Besides, I brought you that polar bear back from Alaska, and he wants to go home with his new owner.

Grad school is taking priority right now. I'm already past due on my portfolio and I'm working on finishing my literature review which is due Monday.

It's too warm in the Cities for that polar bear right now and I haven't cleaned out it's room. I'll have to get it over x-mas.

I just got back from Joe Sensors and I think that they played an ok game. Porter hits the post and CC comes down and scores, it is a game of inches. This team will not win untill they get production from everybody. I think that it is a must win for Sat. Is it just me or everytime I would glance over to watch the Minn game they are always on a PP?

Yeah, the Minny boosters do a great job of paying off the refs. :D:lol: