• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some scores from tonight from Bob Gillen's website:

Century 3 Bottineau 1

Williston 3 Hazen 2

Minot 1 Bismarck High 1

If Minot and Bismarck both win out they finish in a tie for the West Region. But Minot holds the tiebreaker because of the head to head records.

The Minot vs Bismarck game was a heck of a game. It was very intense and fast. Also, plenty of hitting. Both sides had good chances. Bismarck took the lead towards the end of the second period. But Minot scored right away to tie the game just before intermission.

There were no rabbits thrown on the ice this year. I heard that they found several bags of rabbits under the stands though. And I know at least one (probably more) person got kicked out.

Some interesting scores from tonight's games :

Bismarck High 2, at Bottineau 1

at Fargo North 5, Grand Forks Central 2

Grand Forks Red River 2, at Devils Lake 1

Jamestown 4, at Hazen-Beulah 1

at Fargo Shanley 4, Kittson Central, MN 1

Wahpeton 3, at Mandan 2

(* I heard two different scores on the Shanley game, one person told me it was 4-1 Shanley the other said 3-1 Shanley. *)

Anybody at the Red River-Devils Lake game? Looks like a nice showing from the Firebirds against the best team in the state.

I was there and it was a good game. Red River did not have there best game, but give DL credit, (they may not have either). There were a lot of penalties, and Red River played without the Crary brothers. Devils Lake is a hard working quick team, but i think this was there best chance to beat RR. They had a 6-3 for the whole two minuets at the end.

I was there and it was a good game. Red River did not have there best game, but give DL credit, (they may not have either). There were a lot of penalties, and Red River played without the Crary brothers. Devils Lake is a hard working quick team, but i think this was there best chance to beat RR. They had a 6-3 for the whole two minuets at the end.

What happened at the end to make it a 6 on 3? (I think thats what you mean, anyway).

Scores:

Red River 5, East Grand Forks 4

Grand Forks Central 6, Wapheton 3

Fargo South 6, Devils Lake 2

What's the most surprising game? Central let in 3 against whap? Red River Sqweak by a very very average EGF team? Or South beat DL by 4 after red river beat them by one?

Well lets break it down. . . Central is bad so that really didn't surprise me too much. Red River isn't that good, except against south so that didn't surprise me too much. South has pretty much done it all this year so nothing would ever surprise me with them, They could have lost by 15 and I wouldn't have been shocked.

I guess nothing really surprised me tonight.

What's the most surprising game? Central let in 3 against whap? Red River Sqweak by a very very average EGF team? Or South beat DL by 4 after red river beat them by one?

Well lets break it down. . . Central is bad so that really didn't surprise me too much. Red River isn't that good, except against south so that didn't surprise me too much. South has pretty much done it all this year so nothing would ever surprise me with them, They could have lost by 15 and I wouldn't have been shocked.

I guess nothing really surprised me tonight.

How is red river not that good they have only lost to one team. They have no losses in North Dakota. That makes them pretty good if you ask me.

Ok heres the the Scoop!!

Red River is playing possessed. if anyone stops them ill be surprised who will be able to stop the Riders! they have 2 outstanding goalies in Arnason and Gilbertson?! GFC well... could this be the first team in a couple years not to make a State Tournament? Unless they show up in the last few games and quit taking penlatys (stupid ones) well i see a Tourny with GFC students wearing the Ol' Red White And Black or alot of Maroon sitting in the stands watching all the teams compete! So with the end of the season coming up this is my EDC and State Standings

EDC:

1.Red River (EDC Champ)

2.Fargo South (Runner-up)

3.GPR

4.Fargo North

State:

1. RR (State Champ)

2. GPR (Runner-up)

3. South

4. Minot

I'd Really Like to see central make it just because of the history of hockey at central!

It just doesnt seem right not having to Grand Forks schools in the tourny!

doesnt Grafton have alot of sophomores and Juniors! cause i heard there gunna be REALLY good in the next few years?

Bogeyboge50, next time you post it would be awesome if the punctuation of your sentences would match the context of that sentence. For example, when asking a question (Doesn't Grafton have a lot of sophomores and Juniors) you would use a question mark, rather than an exclamation point. Or when making an exclamatory sentence (Because I heard they're going to be really good in the next few years) you would use an exclamation point rather than a question mark. Thanks bud. I hope you got this information before your English test.

Bogeyboge50, next time you post it would be awesome if the punctuation of your sentences would match the context of that sentence. For example, when asking a question (Doesn't Grafton have a lot of sophomores and Juniors) you would use a question mark, rather than an exclamation point. Or when making an exclamatory sentence (Because I heard they're going to be really good in the next few years) you would use an exclamation point rather than a question mark. Thanks bud. I hope you got this information before you're English test.

:silly::D

Nice try.

P.S. you're means 'you are'. Your last sentence should read "I hope you get this information before your English test."

*ok. I'm off the soapbox* :lol:

i thought this was a message board for High school hockey? not the English Part of my ACT test into college!!! but anyways red river will be good again as always next year too. does anyone know of any players coming up for GFC? is Simonson's Brother gunna play for Maroon and Grey or Red and Black??