SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, GPR does have some real good young players. Grafton, alone, won State Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam B, and Bantam B Championships last year!

Not sure though how the Park River teams were.

I was not aware they had a state tournement for squirts? Also, I would not count winning B championships as any sort of indication of the talent that will be coming through the high school.

Yeah, they have State Squirt Tounaments

No, they don't. Go to www.ndaha.org. They don't have them in Minnesota either. The only tournaments that they have is for Pee Wees and Bantams. The closest thing to a state tournament for squirts is the International Squirt Tournament hosted by the Fargo Flyers every February. The Flyers beat Grafton handily last year several times and took 2nd in that tournament, losing 2-1 to Edina. They also did not win PeeWee A. The Fargo Angels beat the Fargo Flyers in the championship 2-1. Grafton did win the Bantam A last year.

No, they don't. Go to www.ndaha.org. They don't have them in Minnesota either. The only tournaments that they have is for Pee Wees and Bantams. The closest thing to a state tournament for squirts is the International Squirt Tournament hosted by the Fargo Flyers every February. The Flyers beat Grafton handily last year several times and took 2nd in that tournament, losing 2-1 to Edina. They also did not win PeeWee A. The Fargo Angels beat the Fargo Flyers in the championship 2-1. Grafton did win the Bantam A last year.

I predict that GPR are state champs for AT LEAST 2008 2009

I appreciate the information skates. Spoiler, where did you hear that their was a squirt state tournement? Or was that just the result of an active imagination?

I appreciate the information skates. Spoiler, where did you hear that their was a squirt state tournement? Or was that just the result of an active imagination?

Go to http://www.graftonhockey.com/ it states right on the main page they "State Titles" they won last year. And I didn't say they won PeeWee A. It said PeeWee. Take a look at the page and what I typed earlier!

And by looking at all the Squirt A schedules here in Fargo for this year, they are all in Grafton March 3, 4 and 5, which I believe is the Squirt A State Tounament!

There is no such thing as a state tournement for squirts. Go to www.ndaha.org and click on schedule. It has the dates for the state tournements for every age and there is no scheduled tournement for squirts. Besides it is simple logic that there would not be a state tournement for squirts. Tournements in general at that age have nothing but negative effects on development. The practice to game ratio in North America is a joke, and if there was a state tournement for squirts I would be disgusted. Thank God there isn't. Besides, when a kid gets to be 24 years old and playing for the Ottawa Senators he isn't going to remember his most memorable hockey moment as when they took the state squirt A championship. I have enough faith in the people running North Dakota youth hockey that they would not initiate a state tournement for squirts. If that's what the people in Grafton are trying to imitate, I feel sorry for all those players involved.

I will check with my friend who coaches squirts, but I believe they have state tounamnets!

They do not have state tournaments for squirts sanctioned by the NDAHA - a simple search of the NDAHA web site will show that to anyone who can read.

Also, from the Grafton Squirt A schedule from the Grafton Hockey website is says that the squirt "A"s are in the Northern Lites tournament in DL on March 2, 3, and 4th. The Northern Lites tournament is not a state tournament designed to determine a state champion by the North Dakota Amateur Hockey Association (NDAHA).

Final Score Red River 7 Minot 1:

Well, let me first say one thing....wow. I've watched a lot of high school hockey in my day, but I have never seen a team pass as well as this Red River team does. Its like they've got magnets on their sticks. Some pretty pretty passing goals by the Riders, and hard working gritty goals as well. I don't have my mind made up about who Red River's best player is. I'm leaning towards Meland, but they've also got some great defensement in Galbreath and Ladoucer, and the goaltender Pat Arnason was great as well. Minot had some great chances off of some turnovers to get a goal but Arnason shut the door on them. I'm really impressed with his lateral movement for a big guy, and how he doesn't waste movement when making the save. The only goal Minot scored was in the third period when Arnason was taken out for Gilbertson? Is that right?

Minot in my opinion is a pretty decent hockey club, but Red River is just in a class of their own. There were points in the game when I think I was cheering for Red River because I was that impressed with their puck movement, and overall team speed, it was a lot of fun to watch. I tried to think of a weakness that Red River has, but I really can't find one. Just give them the trophy now.

Note to Hakstol, Players to recruit:

~Meland

~Ladoucer (sp)

~Galbreath

~Russel Crary (in a couple of years)

~Arnason

Thats all I got, hope I didn't miss anything.

Final Score Red River 7 Minot 1:

Well, let me first say one thing....wow. I've watched a lot of high school hockey in my day, but I have never seen a team pass as well as this Red River team does. Its like they've got magnets on their sticks. Some pretty pretty passing goals by the Riders, and hard working gritty goals as well. I don't have my mind made up about who Red River's best player is. I'm leaning towards Meland, but they've also got some great defensement in Galbreath and Ladoucer, and the goaltender Pat Arnason was great as well. Minot had some great chances off of some turnovers to get a goal but Arnason shut the door on them. I'm really impressed with his lateral movement for a big guy, and how he doesn't waste movement when making the save. The only goal Minot scored was in the third period when Arnason was taken out for Gilbertson? Is that right?

Minot in my opinion is a pretty decent hockey club, but Red River is just in a class of their own. There were points in the game when I think I was cheering for Red River because I was that impressed with their puck movement, and overall team speed, it was a lot of fun to watch. I tried to think of a weakness that Red River has, but I really can't find one. Just give them the trophy now.

Note to Hakstol, Players to recruit:

~Meland

~Ladoucer (sp)

~Galbreath

~Russel Crary (in a couple of years)

~Arnason

Thats all I got, hope I didn't miss anything.

Hakstol should recruit these guys because they beat up on some !@#!$ minot team? I mean seriously, maybe if minot hadn't lost to Jamestown and Central this year they might have some credibility.

Bottom Line is this: Minot is a Joke, The West is a Joke, The 7 seed in the east beat the #1 seed out West. #2 from the East beats #2 out West 9-1.

#1 beats #1 7-1.

Very classy comments from all. I know everyone has their opinions, but I guess integrity runs a little low in some people.

I'm done posting here. I try to post something constructive, and it goes to hell in a hurry. I compliment Red River, yet the only reason they obviously won is because Minot is horrible. Have good discussions from now on...christ.