SiouxSports.com Forum

Can South Dakota do it?

KEH

USD is dangerous and the Lakers haven't exactly (cough, cough!) played the toughest competition this season so yeah...the 'Yotes will give them a run! I heard a couple of their receivers got banged up at Northwood and they do need both the run and pass option but I think they'll be suprised by Stefan Logan - even if they stack their cards JUST to bottle him up*....(*Calling Noah "CHUCK IT" Shepard!! :silly: )

Unfortunately, even if USD wins and we win there is no guarantee we get home field. It goes to a bidding process and then is decided by the NCAA. We have two strikes against us. The poor showing in the first round and the fact that the NCAA hates us.

I thought this was just for the semifinals. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the team with the higher seed got homefield until the semifinals because then there are multiple teams of similar seeds. So I think we would have a home game against USD if we were both to win.

Remember a few years back when UND hosted althought they "shouldn't" have? I believe the other team was seeded higher, although different regions. Was it again North Alabama?

Nope, both UND and UNA were number one seeds that year. UNA was undefeated and UND had one loss, but that was back when playing a I-AA killed your strength of schedule, and since UNA had played one, that was the difference.

Unfortunately, even if USD wins and we win there is no guarantee we get home field. It goes to a bidding process and then is decided by the NCAA. We have two strikes against us. The poor showing in the first round and the fact that the NCAA hates us.

5073 - WSU vs UND

5000 - Albany State vs Newberry

3315 - Delta State vs Elizabeth City State

1412 - USD vs Northwood

These are the attendance figures for the first round games in our half of the playoff bracket.

It was the poorest turnout in Alerus Center history but we still drew more than the others.

I am not sure that our "poor showing" will hurt as much as "the fact that the NCAA hates us."

Remember a few years back when UND hosted althought they "shouldn't" have? I believe the other team was seeded higher, although different regions. Was it again North Alabama?

That only applies once you get to the National Semi's. In each individual region, the higher seed hosts all the way through to the Region Final as UND92,96 posted. After that, it all goes into politics about where the NCAA can make as much money.

The other half...

6237 - MWSU vs Midwestern

5234 - West Chester vs Bryant

4448 - Abilene Christian vs West Texas A&M

2312 - Southern Connecticut vs Merrimack

UND came in third overall in first round attendance.

BTW...I believe GVSU will beat USD making it easy for the NCAA.

SiouxMD is correct. Not looking ahead....... :silly: ........but I hope to see you Allendale again. UNO would be OK but we have a "thing" going with UND and we have to get our digs in before you move up to D 1.

SiouxMD is correct. Not looking ahead....... ??? ........but I hope to see you Allendale again. UNO would be OK but we have a "thing" going with UND and we have to get our digs in before you move up to D 1.

durn Lakers are showing up already?? ;) Win this weekend then we'll talk...(hopefully we'll have something to talk about!) Maybe you want to shoot a jolt of electricity into the Monster...he hasn't been around in a while :silly: