SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SEAWOLVES

willistonsioux

just was talkin' to a gopher fan, they also agree that Shepard is the worst ref

AND I guess I live within 5 miles of G Shepard let me know if I should drive by and throw an egg.

Who is gonna start? Greico or Walski?.....

I'm gonna guess Greico. Since it hasn't been announced on the line chart my gut feel is the Hakstol will start Greico again if warmups go OK.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GRIECO gets the nod

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

LETS GO ANTHONY!!

I think that Walski should get the start. We will never know if he can play if he isn't given the chance to show us what he has to offer. The sioux need to play better no matter who starts and i think the three forwards that get talked about so much need to show us what all the hype is. Oshie and Toews need to play like first round forwards

I think that Walski should get the start. We will never know if he can play if he isn't given the chance to show us what he has to offer. The sioux need to play better no matter who starts and i think the three forwards that get talked about so much need to show us what all the hype is. Oshie and Toews need to play like first round forwards

lets get phil back then we wont have to worry about if walski can play or not. obviously HAK is way more confident in grieco if he gets the start after the crappy game he played last night. thats not a good sign for walski. oh well, lets just get a W

lets get phil back then we wont have to worry about if walski can play or not. obviously HAK is way more confident in grieco if he gets the start after the crappy game he played last night.

Is it confidence, or is it a lesson? If Grieco is going to be The Man in years to come, he's gotta learn to bounce back... I think Hak's testing him.

Everyone is busy flogging the goaltending, but I am wondering why this lineup isn't scoring more goals.

Who on this team is willing to go hard to the net tonight is what I would like to know.

well, we would have needed 6 last night so either way it wasnt looking good, toews and oshie go off tonight

I think it's time for some of our forwards to step up. Yes, we have had our fair share of goaltending problems recently, but we need the forwards to step up too. If we score more than we let in, we still win... so lets start putting it in!!!

LETS GO BOYS! Show them what REAL Fighting Sioux hockey is, because last night was not it

Interview with Bishop:

Profanity is a little less from this elevation. UAA threw out a couple F-bombs last night. Chorney was just telling the refs how much he loved them and how much he loved their calls last night.

Anchorage was like his second home... came up six/seven times a year. It was pretty funny because everyone is looking at the window at the moose. Darcy asked if he wanted to walk down the street to see the moose. Fairbanks is a lot colder, so this isn't bad for him.

Parents, uncle, and few friends came down to see him. Parents are making a plan to make a trip in Jan/Feb to see the Ralph. Dad is excited to see the rink. I've given a pretty good description but it's something you've gotta see.

North Dakota seemed like the right fit. Wanted to see some other places. North Dakota just seemed right. UAA and UAF both recruited him. Likes the atmosphere at the Ralph, being around the guys is fun.

What happened last night? Good question. UAA came out more ready and more hungry. Didn't get any bounces or breaks last night. Hopefully we got everything worked out for tonight...

Gets to sit with his family and friends tonight

Interview with Bishop:

Profanity is a little less from this elevation. UAA threw out a couple F-bombs last night. Chorney was just telling the refs how much he loved them and how much he loved their calls last night.

Anchorage was like his second home... came up six/seven times a year. It was pretty funny because everyone is looking at the window at the moose. Darcy asked if he wanted to walk down the street to see the moose. Fairbanks is a lot colder, so this isn't bad for him.

Parents, uncle, and few friends came down to see him. Parents are making a plan to make a trip in Jan/Feb to see the Ralph. Dad is excited to see the rink. I've given a pretty good description but it's something you've gotta see.

North Dakota seemed like the right fit. Wanted to see some other places. North Dakota just seemed right. UAA and UAF both recruited him. Likes the atmosphere at the Ralph, being around the guys is fun.

What happened last night? Good question. UAA came out more ready and more hungry. Didn't get any bounces or breaks last night. Hopefully we got everything worked out for tonight...

Gets to sit with his family and friends tonight

were you typing as they were talking or what?

Everyone is busy flogging the goaltending, but I am wondering why this lineup isn't scoring more goals.

Who on this team is willing to go hard to the net tonight is what I would like to know.

Wow. A fresh perspective :silly:

Yeah, I agree with you entirely. We need to be scoring more. We need more players stepping up offensively. Lee needs to shoot more on the Power Play. TJ needs to keep rushing the net.

The keys to the game for me (not necessarily anyone elses):

1. Faceoffs- We need to win a good deal of the faceoffs more than we did last night.

2. Responsible hockey - Stay out of the box and, since Shepherd can be counted on to call roughing 5 or 6 penalties on the Sioux so I guess this key could be stated as staying solid on the PK team.

3. Solid D -- Grieco plays a part in this but it is a team effort on this one. If the defense hangs Grieco out to dry a lot I'm not going to blame Grieco if things don't go his way.

were you typing as they were talking or what?

She is FASTER than sh... well, you know. We were listening one night and she was in G.F. getting the feed from the radio, a couple times she was a good 30 seconds ahead of the web feed. Quite amazing, very impressive.

My keys for the SIOUX:

Eliminate the stupid penalties (slashing, hooking)

Make all the routine saves. Also need to make some of the "tough" ones.

Everyone on the team competes hard for the entire game. No taking any shifts off.

Crash the net.

Take the body. Still waiting to see more physical play from this years team.