SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SEAWOLVES

willistonsioux

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh id love to see lammy right about now. although not to say that walski wasnt good las tnight. he looked pretty good. and the herald gave him a good review. my pick will be walski. but then again, maybe hak will give it to greico, just to say i still believe in you....? who knows

I expect it to be Walski. Sends a message to Grieco to get his head back in the game. Grieco wasn't getting beat by UAA. He was beating himself. That's a mind issue and perhaps a week of practice will remedy that. On the other hand, perhaps the bye week did more harm to Grieco than it did good. Who knows.

As for Finley, he's had a few less than stellar games this year, but he's also had some good games this year. As I said before, I think maybe he needs a night off to get his head back in the game. But is he a "lost cause" and "give his slot to Genoway (or whomever) for the rest of the year?" Not a chance. I don't believe he was that shabby last year during the second half of the year. It's painfully obvious that he has a slow start, but he's still quite young as well (is he even 19 yet?). With Jones not being his usual feisty self and Finley just being too damn tall for his own good (if you think he intentionally elbowed Kevin Clark last night, you're nuts. Clark practically only comes up to Finley's elbows!). Finley isn't as reckless as Paukovich nor is he as dangerous. Usually he's alright but not great. I have faith in him, but Smaby needed a brief benching and I think Finley could use the same handling Smaby got. And yes, it pains me to say that because I like Finley.

Finley is just 19. He turned 19 in June. Agreed he may just need a sitting. I don't think he is that bad of a player. He was drafted in the first round for a reason (Capitals), we just aren't seeing it right now.

really could care less where he was drafted and how old he is, he has a year plus under his belt now and needs to stop giving the puck away. i really like big joe and i have no doubt he will end up being a very good d man for the sioux but if a benching is what it takes then go for it, i believe greene and smaby may have been benched at one time in their great careers so whatever, either way he needs to clean up his play a bit. on the other hand i have seen some very good play out of joe as well. i guess its nice having chay as a swing player but i believe joe will play tonight

go sioux

6-3 win tonight!!

really dont care who starts in net, just play decent and we will get a W. i have a hunch walski will be in

really could care less where he was drafted and how old he is, he has a year plus under his belt now and needs to stop giving the puck away. i really like big joe and i have no doubt he will end up being a very good d man for the sioux but if a benching is what it takes then go for it, i believe greene and smaby may have been benched at one time in their great careers so whatever, either way he needs to clean up his play a bit. on the other hand i have seen some very good play out of joe as well. i guess its nice having chay as a swing player but i believe joe will play tonight

that is ok, i was really just replying to the post above mine that asked how old he is.

It would be nice to see both Greico and Finley have a night off. Walski isn't going to take us to St. Louis, but his fundamentals looked a lot better than Greico last night and why not make Greico work for his starts. I don't think Finley needs to be "punished", so to speak, like Smaby or even Greene had to be a few years ago for taking stupid penalties. Let one of those freshman go balls out and fly around, it will give him something to work for and some experience for one of young guys that will be 4 year players.

We always have a hell of a time with the Sea Pups in their barn, nothing different about it this year. I was always thinking split anyway, the boys will come out flying tonight and get some bounces, hell that had 30+ shots last night.

from brad, looks like bishop is the healthy scratch and fabian is in!!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND's line chart

Chris Porter-Matt Watkins-T.J. Oshie

Ryan Duncan-Jonathan Toews-Chay Genoway

Erik Fabian-Rylan Kaip-Andrew Kozek

Chris VandeVelde-Darcy Zajac-Brad Miller

Zach Jones-Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley-Brian Lee

Kyle Radke-Robbie Bina

Starting goalie TBA

And how about that AA webcast? The Dataflix folks could take some pointers from them. That was a nice surprise, who would have thought we would be able to see that game. And that dam rink was just a ghost town! What a shame. If there's any birds to shoot it could be a worth while trip next year??? Goon???

from brad, looks like bishop is the healthy scratch and fabian is in!!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND's line chart

Chris Porter-Matt Watkins-T.J. Oshie

Ryan Duncan-Jonathan Toews-Chay Genoway

Erik Fabian-Rylan Kaip-Andrew Kozek

Chris VandeVelde-Darcy Zajac-Brad Miller

Zach Jones-Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley-Brian Lee

Kyle Radke-Robbie Bina

Starting goalie TBA

Looks like Martens is replaced by Fabian on the 3rd line.

Bishop replaced by VandeVelde on the 4th line.

And how about that AA webcast? The Dataflix folks could take some pointers from them. That was a nice surprise, who would have thought we would be able to see that game. And that dam rink was just a ghost town! What a shame. If there's any birds to shoot it could be a worth while trip next year??? Goon???

The AA webcast was very good for periods 2 & 3. Had alot of trouble with it in the 1st period.

The resolution is much better than dataflix cause they seem to be sending three times as much data.