SiouxSports.com Forum

Consultant Hired for Transition

GeauxSioux

Wow. UND is going to get the most prestigious "Carr Report" that SDSU fans always throw in our face. Hey, when you guys are done with your copy could you let us folks down here in Coyote Country borrow it. Now that USD moving up is happening those folks at SDSU refuse to share theirs.

That's right. USD doesn't have a plan we are fools. We'll never make it.

Truth: Those years of pumping out doctors, lawyers, and other professionals is paying off as fundraising efforts are going well and looks like we'll have plenty of cash to fund the move and upgrade facilities. Hockey anybody? 2010 will be here before you know it. Heard it here first. SDSU fan will disagree with anyything out Verm, but what do you expect. Sioux fans, you know what I mean. That OTHER school that is now in a hissy because they won't be able to claim that "We're D1" title to much longer.

Good luck on your endeavors. See you in the Al in a couple of weeks where we get our revenge.

Wow. UND is going to get the most prestigious "Carr Report" that SDSU fans always throw in our face. Hey, when you guys are done with your copy could you let us folks down here in Coyote Country borrow it. Now that USD moving up is happening those folks at SDSU refuse to share theirs.

That's right. USD doesn't have a plan we are fools. We'll never make it.

Truth: Those years of pumping out doctors, lawyers, and other professionals is paying off as fundraising efforts are going well and looks like we'll have plenty of cash to fund the move and upgrade facilities. Hockey anybody? 2010 will be here before you know it. Heard it here first. SDSU fan will disagree with anyything out Verm, but what do you expect. Sioux fans, you know what I mean. That OTHER school that is now in a hissy because they won't be able to claim that "We're D1" title to much longer.

Good luck on your endeavors. See you in the Al in a couple of weeks where we get our revenge.

Yes, UND, NDSU, and SDSU are all idiots for getting the Carr report, while USD is brilliant for not wasting the money on it. It's too bad the admins of all three of those universities were so stupid to get an outside study done. Too bad they can't match USD's administration.

You guys totally missed the tongue in cheek nature of my post. I wasn't slamming UND at all. I was pointing out that UND is having a report done by the same place that did SDSU's. If I have to hear one more time about that stupid report from an SDSU person I am going to scream. "where's your Carr report? We have followed this report to the letter. Blah, blah, blah." like it is a fricking Bible.

We have to hear it from SDSU fan just like you have your ongoing war with the Bison.

Just showing some solidarity, brothers!

You guys totally missed the tongue in cheek nature of my post. I wasn't slamming UND at all. I was pointing out that UND is having a report done by the same place that did SDSU's. If I have to hear one more time about that stupid report from an SDSU person I am going to scream. "where's your Carr report? We have followed this report to the letter. Blah, blah, blah." like it is a fricking Bible.

We have to hear it from SDSU fan just like you have your ongoing war with the Bison.

Just showing some solidarity, brothers!

Yote 53:

Many of the posters in this section are either bison or rabbit fans. "Aff" postings have revealed a very strong dislike of UND and a total disdain of USD, which would seem to make him an SDSU fan. "Aff" denies an SDSU affiliation, contrary to his postings from years ago, and claims he follows the Illini and Gophers. :)

Yote 53:

Many of the posters in this section are either bison or rabbit fans. "Aff" postings have revealed a very strong dislike of UND and a total disdain of USD, which would seem to make him an SDSU fan. "Aff" denies an SDSU affiliation, contrary to his postings from years ago, and claims he follows the Illini and Gophers. :)

Yet, posts on a Sioux Sports board? :lol::D

Yote 53:

Many of the posters in this section are either bison or rabbit fans. "Aff" postings have revealed a very strong dislike of UND and a total disdain of USD, which would seem to make him an SDSU fan. "Aff" denies an SDSU affiliation, contrary to his postings from years ago, and claims he follows the Illini and Gophers. :lol:

Playing pretty fast and loose with the facts lately, aren't we? I think I sense a little desperation about your imminent bid to the big sky with SDSU and NDSU, or I mean, NDSU and DU because of hockey, or I mean, UND by itself, or no, with a canadian school, and DU. Yeah, thats it, a school in canada, and Denver University. Because of... hockey. PERFECT.

I don't show a disdain for UND or USD. I show a disdain for posters who put up ridiculous theories and then won't allow them selves to thing even remotely logically about "the real world". Apparently those same posters need to mask their own deficiencies by hiding and saying "So and So doesn't like UND, so that means I'm right, and hes being stupid because he hates UND".

• 2 months later...
Martinsen had been acting in this role for a while, just not visibly like this.

I find it interesting that the day after it makes the press Kupchella announces his planned retirement.

Actually, the day of.

Ahhh.... the Vast Fighting Sioux Conspiracy?

Martinsen had been acting in this role for a while, just not visibly like this.

I find it interesting that the day after it makes the press Kupchella announces his planned retirement.

Martinsen also co-wrote an impassioned letter to Kupchella requesting UND move up to DI. Kupchella responded with the now infamous letter (at least in Bisonville), in which CEK stated that "I want you to know that I hate the idea that NDSU even appears to be making a move ahead of us in any way whatsoever, perhaps as much as you do - even for a little while." That letter sent the Chapmanesque kingdom into overdrive in their hatred of UND, courtesy of the Forum and their propaganda machine.

Interesting that UND is giving Martinsen substantial responsibility in this move. Apparently, Martinsen et. al. are capable of backing up their words with action, money, and resources.

Martinsen also co-wrote an impassioned letter to Kupchella requesting UND move up to DI. Kupchella responded with the now infamous letter (at least in Bisonville), in which CEK stated that "I want you to know that I hate the idea that NDSU even appears to be making a move ahead of us in any way whatsoever, perhaps as much as you do - even for a little while." That letter sent the Chapmanesque kingdom into overdrive in their hatred of UND, courtesy of the Forum and their propaganda machine.

Aren't we being a little paranoid star?

In Kupchella's public statements yesterday as reported on WDAZ, CEK stated that "most of the heavy lifting, most of what we need to do to get through the (Division I) transition will be completed in the coming year".

So what does that mean? Funding? Endowment? Facilities? Conference? All of them?

In Kupchella's public statements yesterday as reported on WDAZ, CEK stated that "most of the heavy lifting, most of what we need to do to get through the (Division I) transition will be completed in the coming year".

So what does that mean? Funding? Endowment? Facilities? Conference? All of them?

I think it does mean all of them. The only one I'd put a question mark behind is the Conference. But maybe the heavy lifting will be completed on that also.....let's hope so.

I think a lot of the heavy lifting on the Funding, Endowment, and Facilities has been going on for some time now. CK said he's going to stay on one year past Jan. '08 to help complete the $500MM fundraising effort. I originally thought that was going to be a real stretch to achieve that goal. But I have a feeling that he's well on his way. My guess is that, from January '08 to January '09, his time will be spent buttoning up the loose ends of the campaign. My prediction is that, in about 1 1/2 years, we'll be looking at what CK accomplished on his fundraising campaign and we'll all be amazed.

I wonder what it means when Mr. Martinson walks into the LTC's office tells him he is the D1 consultant and this is the first time the AD knew about it??? Does that mean there is a hole in the loop?? Or is the loop missing a few...

Connect the dots, goo:

Read the previous post by Rick

Martinsen installed as a lieutenant in the DI move up

Goal of $500 million endowment by 2009 now seems acheiveable according to CEK (with the endowment now only at $160 mill and rising at $10-20 mill/yr, that half billion goal would ordinarily seem laughable)

So are there philanthropic billionaire-type UND grads (not the Engelstads) out there who have a lot of trust in Martinsen?