SiouxSports.com Forum

Consultant Hired for Transition

GeauxSioux

I'm just wondering star, where does that $160M current figure come from? The last number I saw was about $90M. Did I miss a news release or speech or something? I try to keep on top of stuff like that(it's a hobby - exciting, I know), so I'm honestly curious.

The Herald editorial this morning states the endowment is now $165 M.

-- Annual giving to the university has nearly doubled since 2002, rising from $10.9 million a year to $19.9 million. The university's endowment has grown from $121 million in 2002 to $165 million today; UND's strategic plan calls for the endowment to reach $500 million, possibly by 2012.

I'm just wondering star, where does that $160M current figure come from? The last number I saw was about $90M. Did I miss a news release or speech or something? I try to keep on top of stuff like that(it's a hobby - exciting, I know), so I'm honestly curious.

the always concerned bison economist.... never stop worrying about UND's financial future. great to know so many accountants throughout the fargo are looking out for the sioux's interests :glare:

the always concerned bison economist.... never stop worrying about UND's financial future. great to know so many accountants throughout the fargo are looking out for the sioux's interests :ohmy:

It's almost like having Allstate for our insurance company. :lol:

Thanks star, I hadn't seen that yet.

Just to defend myself a bit: I'm not an accountant, I'm an educator who finds educational systems interesting. Things like transitions, growth, public relations, and financial planning are all fascinating to me. Yes, I'm a blast at parties, too. I'm far more interested in NDSU's situation/future, but the more I learn about UND, the more I understand NDSU. It's true that my posts are often somewhat negative in tone, but I tend not to post on matters that have already been addressed, choosing instead to point out the dust balls hiding in the dark corners that most people miss. I do this on bisonville as well. I'm aff with a gentler disposition.

In this case, it appears there is a difference in the way UND and I count endowments. I was using the SBoHE's financial report and only counting the endowment investments($89.3M in FY05), while it seems UND was using the total assests of the UND Foundation($143.6M in FY05) as its figure. Since I'm a total amateur at this, I don't know if one way of counting is better than the other, but at least I now know which figures to use when comparing the campuses. In case any of you are wondering, the comparisons are(NDSU/UND): $69.9M/$89.3M and $103.5M/143.6M for FY05. I'm hoping the FY06 report will be released sometime next month so we will have more than one year to compare.

Now you may continue mocking me.