UND92,96

It appears most people feel the northwest seedings will be:

1. GVSU

2. UND

3. UNO

4. USD or Northwood

5. USD or Northwood

6. Winona State

That would mean that, barring a huge first round upset, the Sioux will get a shot at redemption against Pat Behrns' team in two weeks in the Al. I really like UND in the rematch. Frankly, slowing down Miller/Kasperbauer shouldn't be as difficult as keeping Logan in check. And UNO's passing game is nowhere near as good as USD's.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears most people feel the northwest seedings will be:

1. GVSU

2. UND

3. UNO

4. USD or Northwood

5. USD or Northwood

6. Winona State

That would mean that, barring a huge first round upset, the Sioux will get a shot at redemption against Pat Behrns' team in two weeks in the Al. I really like UND in the rematch. Frankly, slowing down Miller/Kasperbauer shouldn't be as difficult as keeping Logan in check. And UNO's passing game is nowhere near as good as USD's.

For those with ESPNNEWS, please post the results when you see them for those of us that don't get it.

What time does this happen today?

I know UNO beat us, but they have two losses. We have one. WTF.

Most stunning is that our win over USD had us drop a spot in the regional rankings since last week and allowed UNO to catapult ahead of both USD and us. We have to take care of Winona at home (again) to get the shot to face UNO on the road (again). Ugh.

I'm not ready to get out my tinfoil hat. I'm not sure I believe that the NCAA executive committee exercised some influence over the selection committee to knock us down a slot. I would think the selection committee would be very resistant to such meddling.

However, it is a bit hard to provide alternative explanations. Sure, we (9-1) lost h2h against UNO (8-2), but UNO (8-2) lost h2h against USD (8-3). We had the higher regional ranking coming into this weekend, in which we beat tournament participant USD, while UNO beat Central Washington. It's a little baffling.

They made a big point of noting how UND was hosting only because of today's ruling. That Newberry is hosting without comment is a little interesting.

I'm not ready to get out my tinfoil hat. I'm not sure I believe that the NCAA executive committee exercised some influence over the selection committee to knock us down a slot. I would think the selection committee would be very resistant to such meddling.

However, it is a bit hard to provide alternative explanations. Sure, we (9-1) lost h2h against UNO (8-2), but UNO (8-2) lost h2h against USD (8-3). We had the higher regional ranking coming into this weekend, in which we beat tournament participant USD, while UNO beat Central Washington. It's a little baffling.

They made a big point of noting how UND was hosting only because of today's ruling. That Newberry is hosting without comment is a little interesting.

In theory, the NCAA brass has nothing to do with selection/seeding, although it's hard to believe there wasn't some behind-the-scenes influence being wielded here. In case anybody is interested, the committee (national and regional) makeups can be found here: link. I have a hard time believing this was the work of the regional committee since they were the ones who had UND number 2 last week. Even Pat Behrns (of all people), who is on the committee, was quoted in the Omaha paper today as saying he doubted the committee would switch UND and UNO from last week's rankings.

UND was #2 going into this weekend. UND played and beat a tougher team and should have only improved its S.O.S. I know UNO beat UND head-to-head and that's probably what the selection committee will hang its hat on, but this just seems way too coincidental. If I were UND's attorneys, I'd subpoena every member of the selection committee to see if there was any pressure to punish UND for its lawsuit/injunction.

I smell contempt of court.

It's worth noting that this outcome is WORSE than if UND had held it's #2 slot but been prevented from hosting.

In that scenario, we would've had a first round bye but then likely had to go to UNO (or possibly Winona), despite being the higher seed. In this scenario we would still have to travel to UNO for a second round game, but now we have to defeat Winona (at home thanks to the injunction) first.

It's worth noting that this outcome is WORSE than if UND had held it's #2 slot but been prevented from hosting.

In that scenario, we would've had a first round bye but then likely had to go to UNO, despite being the higher seed. In this scenario we would still have to travel to UNO for a second round game, but now we have to defeat Winona (at home thanks to the injunction) first.

I think that is a travesty.

can we sue on this one and link it to the law suit?

If there is one positive I'm pretty sure they have managed to severely piss off the entire UND football team. They will steamroll Winona and go to Omaha with a rather large chip on their shoulder.

Perhaps. But on the other hand, UND will have to go on the road and beat Omaha and Grand Valley on back to back weekends to make it to the semifinals. That seems like almost an insurmountable task.

OK . . . I'm guessing the Saturday playoff game will begin at 1 p.m. Does that mean that the idiots at WDAZ will broadcast some bush league D2 playoff game (shouldn't UND football "fans" have some incentive to go to the game?) instead of the #1 vs. #2 matchup of Ohio State and Michigan?

Please WDAZ, show that you care about football.