SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. MSU-M

kr

That's right. The Sioux have gotten losing out of their system. It's time for the rest of the WCHA to step up to the plate. ;)

I agree... I would settle for a nice 4 game winning streak at the end of the year... two in the regional and two in the final four!

:0

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take out the Michigan Tech blowout, Bochenski has 4 points in the last 6 games. In the same stretch, Parise also has 4 points. Even more shocking is that Parise has 1 assist in the last 6 games, and 3 assists in the last 9 games (and that includes the MTU blowout). Either they're coming back to earth, or they're DUE, in a big way.

It will be interesting to see who skates with Bochenski and Parise this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone new on that line. Maybe Palmiscno will get the chance.

Speaking of Mr. Palmo --- he is pictured on the front page of the EGF paper, The Exponent. www.rrv.net/page1pub (following links to The Exponent for Feb 19, 2003) He is pictured along with Sherrie White (captain of the women's team) reading a book to kids at the EGF Family Service Center. They have the attention of those little tikes.

I hope that Blais' talk with Bruce McLeod means that the Mavs won't be able to use Parise, Bochenski and others as tackling dummies.

I hope P.C.M. is right, I am tired of watching the Sioux have to deal with teams that have to resort to that kind of s#!t... Hammy is right also it is time to take it to the Rubes in MSU-M I just hope the boys are ready to go...

It will be interesting to see who skates with Bochenski and Parise this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone new on that line. Maybe Palmiscno will get the chance.

:0 Wow, either you have some inside connections, or else you can pick my numbers for a Powerball ticket, because I don't think anyone else on this board would have picked Palmo to play on the first line. Good guess! ;)

(Blais just mentioned on the pre-game show that Palmiscino will play with Parise and Bochenski. They didn't take Palmo last week to Denver because they didn't want him to travel and not play, when he would be better off skating on his own and going to classes. He was out for three weeks after his concussion, then it took another three weeks to get back into shape. He's been working hard, and now he's getting a chance to play with two of the best players in college hockey because he can see hockey and make plays. Everyone else they have tried on that line, for some reason or another, just isn't getting the puck to Bochenski and Parise, or popping it in themselves, and they need that line to score.)

Good luck to Tyler! I don't believe I've ever seen him anywhere near the 1st line before.

Tyler is not the fastest player nor the most skilled, but he is, and always has been, a great passer.

For those of you that don't recall, Tyler skated with Ruslan Fedetenko, who plays for Tampa Bay in the NHL, at Sioux City in the USHL before coming to UND. Ruslan was one of the leading goal scorers in the league that year, with a lot of the credit for that owed to Tyler.

Another note, a couple of weeks ago Blais said on a pregame show that if Tyler didn't get hurt while in St. Cloud, which lead to him being out of the lineup for some time, he would have played a regular shift this year.

Besides, someone has to break Parise and Bochenski out of their minor "slump." Why not Tyler?

J.P. Parise was on during the 1st Intermission. He had a few interesting comments.

He commented that he'd like to see Zach graduate from UND. Whether he does so now or later. If he is going to leave early, it would hinge on what coach Blais tells Zach about his readiness. Also important, of course, is the money involved and whether Zach could play directly in the NHL vs the minors.

J.P. also complained a bit about the conditional officiating he has seen. Conditional meaning the talent level of the victim, I think.

Overall, the whole family seems like they have great heads on their shoulders.

Go Sioux!

Canady just got ejected for Spearing.